Biblical Morality

Thoreau

Valued Senior Member
Please read the questions below as well as answer the final question...

Is it immoral to murder homosexuals?

Is it immoral to murder people that believe in and practice witchcraft?

Is it immoral to murder your son or daughter for hitting you?

Is it immoral to murder your son or daughter for cursing at you?

Is it immoral to murder psychics?

Is it immoral to murder non-believers?

Is it immoral to murder an entire town because one person is a non-believer?

Is it immoral to murder someone who claims to the second coming of the Messiah?

Is it immoral to murder a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night?

Is it immoral to murder anyone who works on the Sabbath?

Is slavery immoral?

Is it immoral to rape someone?

If you answered yes to most or all of these questions....

THEN WHY DO YOU SUPPORT THE BIBLE? <~~ (question to be answered).

"Oh, but that's in the Old Testament and we don't follow that anymore". Then I guess we can as well do away with the 10 Commandments (also in the OT), right? After all, you don't follow the OT.

Is slavery immoral?

"Oh, but that's in the Old Testament and we don't follow that anymore". Then I guess we can as well do away with the 10 Commandments (also in the OT), right? After all, you don't follow the OT.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no and yes.

IDK...is this a serious thread? The reason i ask is because many dont need to look in a book and still do those things...although some are exclusive like the messiah one but cant recall any recnt murders related to that.

Now that i think about it...any recent claims to being the messiah made headlines? Is this claim made often?

very good thread. that's the problem with fundamental religions. the lack of reason breeds a dishonest type of thinking process.

Last edited:
Please read the questions below as well as answer the final question...

Is slavery immoral?

i support the bible because i believe that christ is the fulfillment of god's law, and unless you're jewish, you have to factor in christ's accomplishments, which are an eternal life and complete freedom through the abolition of sin. you have to factor in that jesus said if you were to only truly love people, the 10 commandments will be a no-brainer. imagine a world without greed, lust, vanity, gluttony, sloth, envy, and wrath. it's hard to do, but try; i think it's worth the intellectual endeavor. no money, no religion, no governments, no taxes, no war, no j.o.b., just the freedom to love others as you love yourself, and you do, and so you should. our salvation.

To paraphrase, "I support the Bible because it describes a Biblical character fulfilling a Biblical edict and doing Biblical things like giving you freedom from a concept that the Bible invented.".

it's hard to do, but try; i think it's worth the intellectual endeavor. no money, no religion, no governments, no taxes, no war, no j.o.b., just the freedom to love others as you love yourself, and you do, and so you should. our salvation.

you need some type of system/systems to keep people accountable and to keep things in order and also so that people don't take advantage of eachother. you also need jobs or nothing gets done. can't just live on love but you do need that too.

the problem is greed. i don't agree with capitalism at all. i don't agree with wealth accumulation. people will justify it any way they can but it is inherently unfair and immoral to me.

If only the bible was just about being nice to other people. It's a great concept, an admirable goal. It's also something the bible doesn't have a monopoly on suggesting, and other parts of the bible kind of fly in the face of that one nice part.

To paraphrase, "I support the Bible because it describes a Biblical character fulfilling a Biblical edict and doing Biblical things like giving you freedom from a concept that the Bible invented.".

the bible didn't invent sin, it just describes what a pain it is and how to get rid of it.

Some religions have concepts similar to the sin of Christianity that covers acts made by a person, but the idea of original sin that all persons are born with is definitely Christian specific (that I've found anyway). And yes, not all sects of Christianity follow this, but many do.

There is no definition of original sin that is not biblical! It's a reprehensible doctrine and one that is not supported by any evidence whatsoever.

can you define original sin biblically?

spider, look around, IT OBVIOUSLY HAPPENED. it happened, and some person wrote about it. :shrug:

Pretty sure it was a schizophrenic though! Talking snakes and fruits w/ knowledge of good and evil!

Some religions have concepts similar to the sin of Christianity that covers acts made by a person, but the idea of original sin that all persons are born with is definitely Christian specific (that I've found anyway). And yes, not all sects of Christianity follow this, but many do.

is that what original sin means? that the desires of the flesh are inherent? the bible from start to finish is laden with genetic references. and that our thought and body and environment are all connected. i think the bible describes an evolution of man.

There is no definition of original sin that is not biblical! It's a reprehensible doctrine and one that is not supported by any evidence whatsoever.

Pretty sure it was a schizophrenic though! Talking snakes and fruits w/ knowledge of good and evil!

do you know, that what eve ingested could have been a lie...a mere thought, that in accordance with science and everything we observe would have changed our bodies and our environments forever?

Back