God, or Me. Who do you trust?

• God

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Bob

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

Siddhartha

Registered Senior Member
If God has by his own word created the source of all evil (for which he is unrepentant), and has killed many innocents by his own admission (for which he is unrepentant) and would also judge countless more and send them to eternal torture in hell (for which he is unrepentant) would that then make me a better role model than he?

Just a thought.

Welcome back

No it doesn't because the qualities of a role model aren't set in stone. Some may see what you note as evil (which is written in an amibgious matter BTW, it is not a great challenge to twist the truth with words) and find those qualities as a strength.

Also god, so far, has proven to be man's creation. You can not put his qualities up for judgement because we do not know the real god (given he exists in the first place).

yeah, he is kinda a crappy role model if you think about it. bob. i trust you more because you don't have the power to send me to eternal hell.

booya

Siddhartha,

If God has by his own word created the source of all evil

Evil isn't a thing, it is a state of being. Without people, there can be no evil in this world.

(for which he is unrepentant), and has killed many innocents by his own admission

Where does God admit to killing inocent people?

would that then make me a better role model than he?

Why should you be considered a role model?

Jan Ardena.

"The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords." (Hosea 13:16 NLT)

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

Evil Bible

spidergoat said:
"The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords." (Hosea 13:16 NLT)

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

Evil Bible

You haven't stated where God admits to killing innocent people.

Jan Ardena.

By sending bears to rip up children after someone cursed the children in his name, admitted by god in The Bible, his divinely inspired word. Then there's all those corrupt evil babies he killed in the Flood.

Siddhartha,

By sending bears to rip up children after someone cursed the children in his name, admitted by god in The Bible, his divinely inspired word.

You still haven't pointed out where God kills innocent people.
Are you implying that the soul is as fresh and new as the body of a child it inhabits?

Jan Ardena.

Jan Ardena said:
Siddhartha,

By sending bears to rip up children after someone cursed the children in his name, admitted by god in The Bible, his divinely inspired word.

You still haven't pointed out where God kills innocent people.
Are you implying that the soul is as fresh and new as the body of a child it inhabits?

Jan Ardena.
The children but called a man names for being bald. Kids do that. God himself then sent the bears (and must have controlled them to do his will) to rip the children to pieces. If you can't see murder in that, I don't think there's much I can say to illuminate the matter. The fact also remains that countless babies not even old enough to walk or speak were killed in the flood. Not just humans too, countless animals would have been killed in the flood as well.

I'm joe average. What I'm trying to illustrate is that Joe Average is not as evil as God has been, and hence therefore the man in the street is a better role model than God.

Siddhartha said:
I'm joe average. What I'm trying to illustrate is that Joe Average is not as evil as God has been, and hence therefore the man in the street is a better role model than God.

Siddhartha,

If you're referring to the OT god, then I agree. But, if God exists I don't suppose any possible perception of him, be it in the bible or in human mind can come close to revealing and comprehending his essence. Getting to know your true self is hard enough already, although it might be a good start.

It's like the old story about an astronaut. Whe he returned from being in space, many asked him if he saw god. When he nodded they asked him what god was like. He said: She is black.

Siddhartha said:
Really? I mean really? The Joes out on streets today are pretty...well unsavory characters.

Besides...god is interpreted through our preception and understanding of him/her. If you mean to say that our perception of god is not a good role model and that an average man is a better role model then...well really?..I mean really? You think so?

If we those are the role models we have to choose from then we are doomed either way.

Siddhartha said:
The children but called a man names for being bald. Kids do that. God himself then sent the bears (and must have controlled them to do his will) to rip the children to pieces. If you can't see murder in that, I don't think there's much I can say to illuminate the matter. The fact also remains that countless babies not even old enough to walk or speak were killed in the flood. Not just humans too, countless animals would have been killed in the flood as well.

You are assuming that because the soul is in the body of a child, that it has to be innocent. This is a form of brainwashing, and the reason why children are always used in the media to get some point across, get votes, or part with your money. We all go ahhhhhhh!
From Gods perspective, the body is of no real consequence, it is the consciousness that animates the body (soul) that has meaning, but that is not to say it is ok to murder or do harm to another.
The body is always changing until finally it vanishes, so the body of a child is on a path to certain destruction, along with all living beings. If the souls in the bodies of a certain generation were corrupt enough to completely stop the progression of all future souls, and as a result only foster complete darkness and ignorance, then something has to be done. What would you do if say you had a computer virus ready to be unleashed if you open a certain program?
This material nature is described as illusory due to its flickering in and out of existense. It is a field of action and inaction. If you create an computer avatar for a game, and you were a beautiful child who people became really fond of, but at some stage you had the child murdered. Would that make you an evil murderer?

Jan Ardena.

You can dress it up as you like, the fact of the matter remains that God has killed, and probably more than I can count. Heck, God even gets angry. :D He's certainly not someone I would trust in, or aspire to be.

(for which he is unrepentant), and has killed many innocents by his own admission

Why does god have to admit this? Isn't the view of killing innocent people a judgement made by an third party? I mean if you kill someone your not gonna admit to it cuz your facing life sentence. Unless you bargain outta of it. So the view that god is killing innocent people is a viewpoint for people who read the bibble not god himself.

Ok, I'll explain more simply. If I bust the walls of a damn and flood an entire village, will the newspapers say that I killed many innocent people in my actions? If I cause a man to write a book about my actions, is that not admission of the act?

However:

" . . . and the people lamented because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter."
..........I Samuel 6:19

"Slay and utterly destroy after them, says the Lord, and do all that I have commanded you."
..........Jeremiah 50:21

"For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation."
..........Exodus 20:5

(For the record, if you annoyed me, I wouldn't visit any iniquity on your kids unto the fourth generation)

"Behold the day of the Lord comes, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger...Whoever is found will be thrust through and whoever is caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed in pieces before their eyes, their houses will be plundered and their wives ravished."
..........Isaiah 13:9, 13:15

"Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you and sons shall eat their fathers...I will send famine and wild beasts against you and they shall rob you of your children; pestilence and blood shall pass through you; and I will bring a sword upon you. I, the Lord, have spoken."
..........Ezekiel 5:10, 5:17

"And I will fill your mountains with the slain; on your hills and in your valleys and in all your ravines those slain with the sword shall fall...Then you shall know that I am the Lord."
..........Ezekiel 35:8

And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
..........Jeremiah 13:14

Siddhartha said:
You can dress it up as you like, the fact of the matter remains that God has killed, and probably more than I can count. Heck, God even gets angry. :D He's certainly not someone I would trust in, or aspire to be.

So you believe God exists?
You believe He is the creator of this phenomenal world, and the Father of all living beings?

Jan Ardena.

Back