better distribution!? weird....

Originally posted by notme2000
I know little on the subject, but I was curious one day and looked through the satanic bible... It was pretty much athiesm. You can do anything you want as long as you bring no harm to yourself or anyone else. Pleasure of the senses is ok, but intellectual stimulation is encouraged. Making the most of your life is the goal. In fact the satanic bible claims there is no God or Satan. It seems to me satanism is simply christianity putting a bad name on athiests. Technically speaking us athiests are satanics, anti-christs, etc... Doesn't sound to good does it? They're tricky those christians, lol.

Interesting thought, never thought of that one. But no, I doubt christians, with all their dignity, would stoop to that. And since when did atheism encourage pleasure of the senses? The satanic bible claims satan to be a force of nature. A theistic copout to me.

Atheism just allows for more freedom. That's basically it.

But what of all the references to christian folly in the satan bible!? You're missing my point!! ARGHH!!

Ah, I see what you mean. Though, I don't think it is limited merely to Christian folly. You could interpret it as general societal folly. LaVey does seem inordinately preoccupied with Christianity though.

"And since when did atheism encourage pleasure of the senses? The satanic bible claims satan to be a force of nature. A theistic copout to me."

That's nice. The thing is, atheism is not satanism. Satanism tends to still believe in a "higher power". That is; a force which binds us all together.

And no, in no way does this make Satanism dependant on Christianity.

And since when did atheism encourage pleasure of the senses?
Well most athiests don't claim sex is evil or masterbation morally wrong... But the thing is athiesm doesn't really promote anything cause it's not a doctrine. But from what I saw in the satanic bible I SKIMMED through, it really looked to resemble the general athiest. Now any christian can safely brush off all convincing athiests as satan's worshipers trying to corrupt them. Just seems really convenient, that's all...

Free from God's rules. Ie: satanists...

But which god? There are tons of gods. Don't just assume that is has to be the christian god.

Satanism tends to still believe in a "higher power". That is; a force which binds us all together
Does it? I never saw any refrences to the dark prince or any "higher-ups"... I did see the "foolish christians" remark though.

There are tons of gods. Don't just assume that is has to be the christian god.
From what I saw it said abondon all gods. They are all false. Basicly stating there is no god or satan. Just you. How do you want to live your life? As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, go for it! Sounds an awful lot like athiesm.

Does it? I never saw any refrences to the dark prince or any "higher-ups"... I did see the "foolish christians" remark though.

Take a look at the preface. And satanism has a stand on love (only those who deserve it get it, lot like christianity), while atheism basically leaves it up to the individual to decide moral issues.

I don't have any faith in statistics, so I will absolutely not dig up any of those. But feel free to do so yourself, if you feel the urge.
What I'm saying are not lies , they are facts coming straight from the satanists mouth.

Stats are not great, but they're the best compromise.

Straight out of their mouths? But are they "real" satanists is the question.

Oh really? Like I said, I just skimmed through it. Have you read the whole thing? If so, does the point I made stand at all?

Me? I skimmed, and perused the preface. And the first part of it.

I still do not see any evidence that makes satanism = atheism.

I still do not see any evidence that makes satanism = atheism
Really? It was really evident in what I read... Are there different denominations of satanism, do you know? Cause I know I read something that claimed to be satanic in some form and was pretty much just athiesm dressed up. But maybe it wasn't the satanic bible, or a different branch of satanism?

Look, any religion that has a stand on moral issues is NOT atheism. Atheism is all about making your own choices, unchained.

Hm, bed lookin' nice over there...must...sleep...I'll call it...a...night...*snore*:cool:

You guys just have me on ignore or something?

Satanism does believe in a binding force. I already posted and quoted the article from the Church of Satan, you are happy to read that. And it does have a few moral guidlines. Such as; one should experiment and experience before making judgement against something (which is quite, quite different from Christianity). Also, one should respect only those who respect them back. If someone kills your brother, you are not expected to forgive them.

"I don't have any faith in statistics, so I will absolutely not dig up any of those. But feel free to do so yourself, if you feel the urge.
What I'm saying are not lies , they are facts coming straight from the satanists mouth."

Then you may feel free to be as ignorant as you wish. A good number of the Moslems at my school guaranteed me that people in Arab countries are not pro-suicide bombing (outside Palestine, that is, which none made any comment on). However, recent polls from those countries have showed the exact opposite. The problem with you, Beb, is that you believe what you want to believe. And I thank the dear lord that no one like you has been in power in my country for a long time.

Also, one should respect only those who respect them back. If someone kills your brother, you are not expected to forgive them.
I was not aware of this at all. I retract my coments then. I did read something with "Satan" on it that resembled athiesm, but I guess it wasn't satanism...
And I thank the dear lord that no one like you has been in power in my country for a long time
You better not live in USA....

I'm not anything notme, just trying to keep an open mind and an open heart. :)
Yes, they were real satanists. I have to say they were very polite and friendly too. But their worldview was very twisted, much along the lines of what Tyler already posted about the church. That vengeance is good, and that people must earn their love, and that the strong will survive. Very much like atheism yes, but with an evil, very materialistic and selfish twist.
It all sounds good at a first glance, but if you read closer the madness begins. :D

Back