better distribution!? weird....

Maia

Crimson Spirit
Registered Senior Member
Hey, I recently dropped by a bookstore and something caught my eye. The significant price difference between the bible and the satanice bible...satanic is like, 7.99 or something...perhaps better distribution ability??

And where did the satanic one come from? It looks like an opposite copy of the bible, condensed and summarized. It's so weird, too.

Thoughts?

They are gaining power, the satanists. And I'm not even being a religious fanatic, to be able to see that. Satanism has become a very trendy religion. Here too. They think it's cool to be selfish and not care about any other than themselves. That is pretty much what the religion is all about. They rarely admit to worshipping Satan. They say that he is some sort of a symbol of the dark power of the universe that they can get a piece of by being egoistic and be smart enough to use other people to reach their goals. If we took some of the major corporate leaders and analyzed their worldview, many of them would pass as satanists.
Red Bull, for example, has a very satanistic commercial here in Sweden.
A man get pooped upon by a seagull, he drinks red bull, laughs an evil laugh, takes out a slingshot and shoots the bird down. When the bird is down on the ground, not dead yet, he kicks it, laughs his evil laugh again and then comes their slogan: " Red bull is good for the soul too."
I almost fell off my sofa when I saw this. It says that violence and revenge is good for the soul and that it's ok, funny even, to kick on someone that is already lying on the ground.
It's disgusting.
The Satanic bible is like a fanzine for rebellious teenagers and those who didn't have a chance to rebell as youths.
It would be ok if they kept it to themselves, but they go out and hurt others too. Nailing kittens to church doors and stuff like that. Because they think they come closer to Satan by alienataing themselves from any kind of empathy for anything else than the ego.

Hello Maia and welcome to sciforums. You can get bibles for free. They are made out of plastic and cheap material but they do get the point across.

This just shows to go that Satan likes to make a profit when hes trying to spread his word. Greedy SOB.;)

Thank you.

But some bibles do sell for a lot. So does god like to make a difference between the bibles of rich and poor? :p

And yes, satanism is decidedly messed up. It can't stand on its own! If christianity didn't exist it would no longer have an enemy and die out.

Well Beb, it seems once again you end up on the misinformed side.

The nine Satanic statements: These form the core of the Church of Satan beliefs. They were written by Anton LaVey. In abridged form, they state that Satan represents: Indulgence, not abstinence.
Vital existence, not spiritual pipe dreams.
Undefiled wisdom, not hypocritical self-deceit.
Kindness to those deserving of it, not love wasted on ingrates.
Vengeance, not turning the other cheek.
Responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires.
Man as just another animal - the most vicious of all.
Gratification of all ones desires.
The best friend that the Christian Church has had as he has kept it in business for centuries.

The nine Satanic sins are: Stupidity, pretentiousness, solipsism, self-deceit, herd conformity, lack of perspective, forgetfulness of past orthodoxies, counterproductive pride, and lack of aesthetics. 7

Theology of the CoS: People have created Gods in many forms; pick one that might be useful to you.
Heaven and Hell do not exist.
Satan is not closely related to the modern (post 1400 AD) concept of the Christian devil. Satanists view Satan as a pre-Christian life principle which represents the carnal, earthly, and mundane aspects of life.
Satan is not a being, a living entity; he is a force of nature.
Human life is held in sacred regard.
"Satan...represents love, kindness and respect to those who deserve it."
The highest of all Satanic holidays is the birthday of the individual Satanist. Of lesser importance are: Walpurgisnacht (evening of April 30) and Halloween (evening of October 31),
Solstices in June and December,
Equinoxes in March and September,
Satanic Revels are held five to six weeks after each equinox and solstice

Many Christian anti-Satanic hate literature lists other seasonal days of celebration. However, they appear to have been pulled out of thin air by the authors. They have no connection with reality.
Black Masses (parodies of the Roman Catholic religious service) are not normally performed by Satanists (except on rare occasions for their entertainment or publicity value).

Rituals and ceremonies contain the following concepts: Names used include Satan, Lucifer, Belial and Leviathan.
Ceremonies are pageants, which are used to celebrate a person or element of faith.
Magick rituals consist of three types:
Sex magic (includes masturbation),
Healing or happiness ritual, and
Destruction ritual (may include sticking pins in a doll; drawing a picture or writing a description of the victim's death; delivering a soliloquy, etc.). Destruction rituals are best performed by a group. If a person targeted by a destruction ritual is not deserving of it, the ritual will not harm them.

Male Satanists generally wear full length black robes, with or without a hood.
Young women generally wear sexually suggestive clothing; older women wear all black.
Many Satanists from different traditions wear amulets carrying the symbol of the Sigil of Baphomet. This is a goat's head, drawn within an inverted pentagram (5-pointed star with one point downward and two up). It is surrounded by a circle. Although there have been many similar symbols involving the head of a goat and an inverted pentagram in a circle, this particular configuration is a registered trade mark of the Church of Satan. 14
The A.S. LaVey's book The Satanic Bible shows a symbol located over the Nine Satanic Statements. It is an infinity sign (a figure 8 on its side). A Roman cross is placed at the center of the figure with a second, longer cross piece added. This is not a Satanic symbol; it is an ancient alchemical symbol for brimstone.
When the Satanic Bible was written (1969), a nude woman was customarily used as an altar, since Satanism is regarded as a religion of the flesh, not of the spirit. She reclined on an altar that was trapezoidal in shape, about 1 m high and 2 m long and placed against the West wall of the room. Her head pointed South. A live altar is now rarely used in the CoS.
One white candle is placed to the right of the altar; it symbolizes the belief of Satanists in the hypocrisy of "White Magicians" and Wiccans because of the latter's insistence on avoiding doing harm to others. At least one black candle, representing the Powers of Darkness, is placed to the left of the altar. These powers are sources of energy which are currently unknown and hidden. Additional black candles are oriented as needed to provide sufficient illumination.
The language used during magical ritual is Enochian, whose words variously sounds similar to Arabic, Hebrew or Latin. It was revealed to Dr. John Dee, court astrologer and metaphysician to Queen Elizabeth I, through his helper Edward Kelley. Kelley said that he was in contact with the Angels described in the Apocryphal book of Enoch.

Satanic ritual tools: A simple Satanic ritual can be performed with a single candle and a Baphomet. However, more elaborate rituals may include the following: A bell which is rung nine times at the beginning and end of the ritual; the Satanic priest rotates counter-clockwise as he rings the bell
A chalice, ideally made of silver; it may not be formed of gold because that is a metal that Satanists associate with Christianity and Neopagan religions. In fact, Wiccans and other Neopagans use chalices made of various metals, including silver, and other materials.
Other ritual tools include a gong, sword, elixir (usually wine), phallus, and parchment. They and the chalice and bell are placed on a small table near the altar.

Rules of behavior: Prayer is useless; it distracts people from useful activity.
Ritual killing (of humans or animals) violates Satanic principles. Blood drawn from a victim is useless. Victims are killed symbolically, not actually.
Members enjoy indulgence instead of abstinence. They practice with joy all the seven deadly Christian sins (greed, pride, envy, anger, gluttony, lust and sloth)
If a man smites you on one cheek, smash him on the other.
Do unto others as they do onto you.
Engage in sexual activity freely, in accordance with your needs (which may be best realized either through monogamy, or by having sex with many others; through heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality; using sexual fetishes as you wish; by yourself or with one or more consenting adults). The ideal is a monogamous relationship based on compatibility and commitment.
Suicide is actively discouraged.
The Satanist needs no elaborate, detailed list of rules of behavior.
Membership in the CoS is limited to adults of legal age, unless a teenager obtains the written permission and attendance of their parent or legal guardian.

Political agenda: Termination of the myth of equality for all.
Tax all churches.
Remove any religious beliefs which have been incorporated in legislation.
"Development and production of artificial human companions."
The freedom for all to live within a total environment of their choice.

All taken, of course, from The Church of Satan.

What you've done, Beb, is the same as saying Hitler killed Jews in the name of Christianity. These people who "nail kittens to doors" are not members or supported by the Church of Satan. They are useless punk teens who actually have no idea what they're talking about but consider themselves Satanists.

So? The satanic bible stil heavily depends on christianity to make its point. Much like Goldstein in 1984 by Orwell.

Actually, no it's not. It would appear you read absolutely nothing of what I quoted. Here, allow me to highlight a few key points...

"Satan is not closely related to the modern (post 1400 AD) concept of the Christian devil. Satanists view Satan as a pre-Christian life principle which represents the carnal, earthly, and mundane aspects of life."

"Satan is not a being, a living entity; he is a force of nature."

"A Roman cross is placed at the center of the figure with a second, longer cross piece added. This is not a Satanic symbol; it is an ancient alchemical symbol for brimstone."

Now if you were to say that Satanism would be far less popular without religion already existing, you'd be correct. However, you appear to be saying that if Satanism didn't have Christianity "it would no longer have an enemy and die out". Christianity is not the enemy of Satanism. It's rather pompus for Christians to think that it is the enemy, actually.

Welcome to sciforums. A good first rule to remember is - read before you write.

No, I'm not misinformed at all. I know very well what it's all about. Maybe those who nailed the kittens to the door weren't involved in the satanic church...yet. But I'm sure many of those who are members, in their youth have done similar things.
Satanism is grounded in a deep fear of love.

Really? Do you ahve any proof what so ever? One bit of evidence? A single thing to show that you have any little touch of being right? Or is this more of what we're use to.

"Satanism is grounded in a deep fear of love."

Disgustingly misinformed.
Satan is not a being, a living entity; he is a force of nature.
Human life is held in sacred regard.
"Satan...represents love, kindness and respect to those who deserve it."

Engage in sexual activity freely, in accordance with your needs (which may be best realized either through monogamy, or by having sex with many others; through heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality; using sexual fetishes as you wish; by yourself or with one or more consenting adults). The ideal is a monogamous relationship based on compatibility and commitment.

Originally posted by Tyler
Actually, no it's not. It would appear you read absolutely nothing of what I quoted. Here, allow me to highlight a few key points...

"Satan is not closely related to the modern (post 1400 AD) concept of the Christian devil. Satanists view Satan as a pre-Christian life principle which represents the carnal, earthly, and mundane aspects of life."

"Satan is not a being, a living entity; he is a force of nature."

"A Roman cross is placed at the center of the figure with a second, longer cross piece added. This is not a Satanic symbol; it is an ancient alchemical symbol for brimstone."

Now if you were to say that Satanism would be far less popular without religion already existing, you'd be correct. However, you appear to be saying that if Satanism didn't have Christianity "it would no longer have an enemy and die out". Christianity is not the enemy of Satanism. It's rather pompus for Christians to think that it is the enemy, actually.

Welcome to sciforums. A good first rule to remember is - read before you write.

Another good rule would be to read between the lines before you write. First of all, why the name Satan? And moreover, the "force of nature" and "symbol for brimstone" is a sort of copout to disguise their heavy dependence on christianity. Force of nature? That's something anyone can claim. Brimstone? So what is it's an alchemical symbol? Why brimstone of all things to choose from? Why not oxygen, if satan is the "force of nature"?

Also, the scornful references to the "foolish christians" is not something to be overlooked. And I believe the preface says that the prince has been falsely persecuted by christians. I see that as enough dependence on christianty to be considered a parasitic religion.

Bebelina appears to be slightly correct here. Satanism fears unconditional love, not just any love. And it's remarkable how much that resembles christianity. "Love only to those who are deserving", to me, sounds a lot like "salvation only by grace earned by faith". Grace is a fancy wording of the same thing that satanists say.

What kind of evidence would you want? Should I kidnap a satanist and torture him to tell the truth? Or should I sit outside schoolyards and take snapshots of destructive behaviour , just in case they become satanists later in life?
I have had a long discussion with two satanists, that is how I know.
They say that they themselves would not do such an act, but they hang out with they who do. And they respect them even, because they haven't done them any harm, just the kittens.
Of course, it could mean that I talked to two deviants from the church, but I doubt it. I've seen the same thought patterns within other satanists, as seen in media, on the net and so on.
They worship their own ego.

And yes, satanism is decidedly messed up. It can't stand on its own! If christianity didn't exist it would no longer have an enemy and die out.

No, it would still work. The conflict btwn. Satan and God is just a Christian idea, not necessarily a Satanic one. Satanists would say that it is not a real dichotomy. The problem is that most people's idea of Satanism has been taken from christianity. LaVey's bible says that this is merely a tool to manipulate people. Christianity is much more compelling if there is something to "demonise".

The Satanic Bible is a very good read(as opposed to the real one, that is). I recommend it to all.

But what of all the references to christian folly in the satan bible!? You're missing my point!! ARGHH!!

How's about some stats Beb, that would do for evidence. There's plenty of Christians out their who make it their point to deteer kids from Satanism. I'm sure if you're right they have some kind of track record of members of the CoS who commit horrible acts and are accepted by the Church. And I include the last bit because it is integral. I guarantee you a much larger percentage of those in jail right now are Christians or atheists (in America) than Satanists.

Now...

"Another good rule would be to read between the lines before you write."

Nah, sorry, I tend not to put words in other people's mouths.

"First of all, why the name Satan?"

It was produced in a largely Christian America. Satan was the word associated commonly with black and the lack of morals. The name fits quite nicely, actually.

"Force of nature? That's something anyone can claim."

And you have proof that they mean otherwise? Surely you aren't going around accusing an organization of lieing through it's teeth without a shit load of proof! Only a fool would do that!

"Brimstone? So what is it's an alchemical symbol? Why brimstone of all things to choose from? Why not oxygen, if satan is the "force of nature"?"

I can check that for you if you'd like. I believe, however, that it is because brimstone was commonly used by Pagaen religions who were viewed by European Catholics (and, consequently, all Europeans who weren't Pagaen - aka soon to be dead) as having reverse moral order. Brimstone is commonly seen as part of a mating with witches. And witches are viewed upon as being the reverse of the moral order.

"Also, the scornful references to the "foolish christians" is not something to be overlooked. And I believe the preface says that the prince has been falsely persecuted by christians. I see that as enough dependence on christianty to be considered a parasitic religion."

Then you see wrong. I would say that the Jews were persecuted for thousands of years by every possible people. Does that mean Judaism cannot exist without other religions? Oh, and by the way, I call Christians foolish. I suppose that makes my religious views (atheist) dependant on Christianity?

"Satanism fears unconditional love, not just any love"

Any proof?

" "Love only to those who are deserving", to me, sounds a lot like "salvation only by grace earned by faith". Grace is a fancy wording of the same thing that satanists say."

So? Judaism and Buddhism have some ideals in common. Make them dependant on each other in any way?

Bebelina is kind of right. Many that call themselves Satanists have no idea of the actual premises of the religion. Nor do they act like Satanists should. And yes, they tend to be clueless, highly lame teenagers.

But could you decipher the basic tenets of Christianity by watching Christians? Who was it who said that the only Christian died on the cross?

"But what of all the references to christian folly in the satan bible!? You're missing my point!! ARGHH!!"

Then it's doin a great job. Christians and Christianity have been quite hilarious throughout the centuries.

"Isn't it funny to see Tyler the atheist finally defending a religion?"

I'll defend pretty much anything when another person is accusing it of complete lies.

I know little on the subject, but I was curious one day and looked through the satanic bible... It was pretty much athiesm. You can do anything you want as long as you bring no harm to yourself or anyone else. Pleasure of the senses is ok, but intellectual stimulation is encouraged. Making the most of your life is the goal. In fact the satanic bible claims there is no God or Satan. It seems to me satanism is simply christianity putting a bad name on athiests. Technically speaking us athiests are satanics, anti-christs, etc... Doesn't sound to good does it? They're tricky those christians, lol.

Back