Attitudes to theft

(see first post) The thief's sentence or penalty should be reduced if:

• The man's wallet was easily assessible because of his clothing.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The man had given money freely to many other people in the past.

• The man was drunk at the time, and not careful with his wallet.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • The man at no time said he did not want his wallet stolen.

• The man previously told the thief that he might give him some money.

• The man was friendly with the thief prior to the theft.

• The man was married to the thief.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • The man had given money to the thief on a previous occasion.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • The man had a repuation for giving his money away.

• None of the above.

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
So your definition of "crime" is anything that causes physical harm only?

Almost. Stealing has been going on since before civilization, even animals do it, how can it be a crime, especially considering that it does no physical harm.

iam can you tell me why theft is wrong? Or is theft as a crime an arbitrary concept?

iam can you tell me why theft is wrong? Or is theft as a crime an arbitrary concept?

oh...heres another one...If I put you to sleep so you dont feel any pain and dont feel your body...than I steal your dick and replace it surgically with vagina...you awake and kaboom you have been reformed...and no pain...I make sure everything is painless. Is tha ok? Since I commited a theft...is that ok to do?

pain and harm arent te same.
Pain=
(countable and uncountable) An ache or bodily suffering, or an instance of this; an unpleasant sensation, resulting from a derangement of functions, disease, or injury by violence; hurt.
Harm=
To cause damage to something

You would be causing damage to my body.

theft is a crime because your taking whats anothers. within any social fabric even animal, there are laws or boundaries in place to coexist.

pain and harm arent te same.
Pain=
(countable and uncountable) An ache or bodily suffering, or an instance of this; an unpleasant sensation, resulting from a derangement of functions, disease, or injury by violence; hurt.
Harm=
To cause damage to something

You would be causing damage to my body.

will I be causing harm? I mean...women go just fine without it.

James R:
Being drunk, like with giving your wallet to a stranger, you sign on the dotted line, not really knowing what you're doing.
How do you know that I don't know what I'm doing?

Is everyone who drinks alcohol not aware of what they are doing?

And another question. If a drunk driver hits a pedestrian, are they responsible? After all, they didn't 'know what they were doing'.

theft is a crime because your taking whats anothers. within any social fabric even animal, there are laws or boundaries in place to coexist.
Just by being alive you are taking something that should be somebody else's. Think about yourself sitting at the computer, while Ethiopian children are starving. You can't really think that you deserve to have all the things you have.How can you say that there aren't people who are ONLY good at stealing or talking, the same way that you might be ONLY good at drawing or anything else? Theft does no damage to society, it causes nobody any physical harm, it is an individual passive-aggressive action, and should be treated as an individual matter, not a societal matter. Most people believe that the government is some higher power, and you should let the government take care of your problems, like when you're a little kid and people always tell you to tell an adult when someone messes with you. How does that resolve anything? You don't stand up for yourself, and you don't appreciate the value of what you have.
will I be causing harm? I mean...women go just fine without it.

Unless you have some type of automatic beam tht does the surgery, at some point you would have to inflict damage on my body. Not to mention that I would never be able to have kids, which is physical damage of itself.

Back