Atheists do NOT have constitutional rights

According to the US constitution, I'm not familiar with any European ones

OK, why?

Because it says "all men are Created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights

If you don't believe in a creator, the rest becomes irrelevant.
For once I agree with Spidergoat. The Constitution does NOT say that. The Declaration of Independence says that. However your basic point is still valid. Atheists do not believe in rights because rights come from God and noone else.

LOL this has got to be the most insane thread to date on SciForums.. congratulations !

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
It doesn't even come close to historical greats. But Norsefire is in the running for Most Consistently Foolish Poster 2008.

OK, why?

Because it says "all men are Created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights

Jesus Christ you've turned into a theistical dumbass. As has been stated many times already, that's not a quote from the US constitution. It's from the Declaration of Independence, which is NOT a legal document for America. It has NO authority over our laws, our lawmakers, or ourselves. It CANNOT be cited as precedent or as being binding in a courtroom.

The purpose of the Declaration of Independence was to make a moral case for dissolving the legal ties between the colonies and Great Britain; once that goal was achieved, the official role of the Declaration was FINISHED.

For once I agree with Spidergoat. The Constitution does NOT say that. The Declaration of Independence says that. However your basic point is still valid. Atheists do not believe in rights because rights come from God and noone else.

That's equally retarded. Rights are declared, defined, and enforced by humans.

So, will atheists be declaring the declaration null and void? Insisting it goes against their right to freedom from the religious? Or do they pick and choose their anti-creationism stands?

It's more of a statement than a binding document. Besides, the phrase "their creator" could also mean nature or evolution. Notice it doesn't say "The creator".

OK, why?

your info is bit mixed up
FYI

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Tripoli.htm

The U.S. Constitution

The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity, Jesus, or any supreme being. (For those who think the date of the Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.

The Declaration of Independence

Many Christian's who think of America as founded upon Christianity usually present the Declaration of Independence as "proof" of a Christian America. The reason appears obvious: the Declaration mentions God. (You may notice that some Christians avoid the Constitution, with its absence of God.)

However, the Declaration of Independence does not represent any law of the United States. It came before the establishment of our lawful government (the Constitution). The Declaration aimed at announcing the separation of America from Great Britain and it listed the various grievances with them. The Declaration includes the words, "The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America." The grievances against Great Britain no longer hold today, and we have more than thirteen states.

OK, why?

Because I don't believe I have a creator means he doesn't exist and I wasn't created by someone? I feel as if I should be choking you while I say this, anyone else feel that way?

OK, why?

Norsefire, spend a little more time collecting accurate data before you start a thersad,

On a similar matter - wasn't the US "pledge of allegiance" declared unconstitutional by a court in San Francisco a few years ago - as by saying "under God" counters the constitutional right for religious freedom, plus other reasons?

your info is bit mixed up
FYI

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Tripoli.htm

The U.S. Constitution

The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity, Jesus, or any supreme being. (For those who think the date of the Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.

The Declaration of Independence

Many Christian's who think of America as founded upon Christianity usually present the Declaration of Independence as "proof" of a Christian America. The reason appears obvious: the Declaration mentions God. (You may notice that some Christians avoid the Constitution, with its absence of God.)

However, the Declaration of Independence does not represent any law of the United States. It came before the establishment of our lawful government (the Constitution). The Declaration aimed at announcing the separation of America from Great Britain and it listed the various grievances with them. The Declaration includes the words, "The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America." The grievances against Great Britain no longer hold today, and we have more than thirteen states.

please provide empirical evidence that we are all created equal

I am one those hard edged rational guys that doesn't buy chocolate eggs at Easter

If you don't recognize the sovereingty of the state, ala the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution is irrelevant.

He's asking for a sensical enough request; what proof do you have that we are all equal? In fact, we aren't all equal. Apart from obvious Semitic superiority, certain people are more "fit", than others, whether that be in strength, in speed, in intelligence, in relativity to disease, etc

Back