Atheistic Trolls...?

GB-GIL Trans-global

Senator Evilcheese, D-Iraq
Registered Senior Member
Just had a crazy thought.

How do we know that Adam, Tyler, Xev, Asguard, the whole bunch aren't trolls? They regularly post inflammatory comments aimed at religion and religious people. (I do too)

Wouldn't this make them trolls?

But then I thought, their posts are always in a more debate-like style than are you-know-who's (don't ask), also they tend to provide more proof that isn't just from books regarded by some as fiction but rather by modern references whose authors are often still alive and contactable.

Just curious on your thoughts.

Zero:

Umm, you're about as far from a troll as I can see. I don't think you've even flamed anyone.

Awww...another compliment, I'm so happy...sniff sniff...waaaah!!

I do suffer from very low self confidence. When I get into a steady relationship it gets a boost, but plunges back down when it ends...sniff sniff:(

I think a troll is someone who posts personal attack posts. Just to make someone angry. I do not think that anyone who posts an opinion is neccessarily a troll.

We are ALL (well, most of us...) guilty of "trolling"... But that is only if you mean by trolling "thought provoking" or "controversial". I have noted a couple of posters here who love lobbing personal attacks at others.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

-Mike

There are those who have been banned for less than some of our most controversial members post now. Just a thought...

Last time I was around so was KalvinB. This thread has reminded me of some of his more small-minded statements (You ignorant trolls, etc.).

why am i a troll?:(

i don't even POST in religion normally

i stick to ethics and politics for my debates

Asguard, hon, read the end of my post :)

You'll see that I decided that you guys can't be trolls, neither can I, because the opinion of Ekimklaw here is corrupt-- a troll is somebody who posts something for the sole purpose of making people angry. Does that sounds like anybody we know? (yes, but not you lol)

Honestly, if I was a moderator...I would not allow people to stay here if they called people b*tches and told them f*ck off, not a chance, that person would have to go right away. And that hasn't happened yet, why? Is it ok to act as a jerk just because you have made up in your mind that you have the right to? No. It's never ok.
I am really dissapointed the way this place has fallen in the hands of foul mouth, egobloated kids, and that nobody seems to recognize a troll when they are staring right at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
*Claps*

Touche, GB-Gil, touche!

Bebelina: You do not seem to understand the first thing about netiqutte. Look at my post count.

I cannot be a troll with such or I would have been banned before now.

Luckily, you are not a moderator and thus cannot force your weakness and desire for insignificant displays of power upon others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckily, you are not a moderator and thus cannot force your weakness and desire for insignificant displays of power upon others

While I have no desire for displays of power, we moderators serve a purpose. There are times when it is necessary to use those powers. I will not hesitate to do so when the circumstances are required.

fucking bitch
Do not pursue this attitude. Babelina has done nothing to deserve this but make her suggestions.

If you wish to continue this line either pm me or take it to Free Thoughts.

Wet1:

My comment was directed at Bebelina, not you. :) You had not even responded to this thread.

"Insignificant displays of power" referred to Bebelina's expressed desire to force others to adhere to her standards.

Not to moderation per se. I have nothing against adhering to the TOS, or against you. (Although I do think you take things a bit too seriously :p)

I think there should be freedom of speech. "Bitch" and "fuck" may be vulgar words, but they are common parlance.

However in my experience, when someone resorts to calling me a "bitch" telling me to "fuck off", it is generally a sign that they know I am winning the argument and they are running out of sensible responses. That seems to be the usual conclusion drawn by onlookers, too.

I don't think the above remark is worth even 2 cents, but I offer it for free, nevertheless.

Bebelina

I would not allow people to stay here if they called people bitches and told them fuck off, not a chance, that person would have to go right away

Words are just words. They can't hurt you. :)

GB-GIL Trans-global

fucking bitch.

However, although words can't hurt you, they can inflict damage on ones own credibility, especially if those words are vacuuous. ;)

Bebelina: You do not seem to understand the first thing about netiqutte. Look at my post count.

Your post count doesn't say a thing about their contents.

Luckily, you are not a moderator and thus cannot force your weakness and desire for insignificant displays of power upon others.

Who is forcing their weakness and desire for insignificant displays here? Take a look in the mirror!

Why don't you just bugger off and get laid or stoned or something? Might do you a bit of good.

Why don't you take your own advice?

"Insignificant displays of power" referred to Bebelina's expressed desire to force others to adhere to her standards.

In no way is Bebelina forcing others to adhere to her standards. You only display your own anger and you give reference to your own one sided view on things in general. Maybe it should be wise to read Bebelina's posts a little better and really look at what she posts all over the boards. This is not only in this thread that you take other posters down. You can say to me (till a certain degree) whatever you wish, leave the others in their value!

fucking bitch.

This is exactly what takes the mentality of Sciforums to a very low degree. It shows a lack of respect and is totally uncalled for.
Please, stop with this...

In formal debates, Model United Nations, etc. swearing and insulting has no support.

And yes, usually it means they are losing and have no other grounds to continue arguing in an intelligent manner.

But then again there are exceptions, but those exceptions are very rare.

Back