Atheism a religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah! Roman has you pegged to a tee. :D

How so? Please explain as it would appear Roman is unable to do so. I would really like to know this so-called behavior he refers. Clearly, you seem to know, so let's hear it.

Can one educate a racist on racism? A sexist on sexism? An intolerant bigot on tolerance?

Beyond my abilities I fear :shrug:

Everyone wants to be part of a group.

Have you heard of the Carvakas? We've already had our organised atheist movement a couple thousand years ago.

Everything ultimately becomes just another religion.

You have to agree to a set of beliefs. The rules part I think (organised religion) is more the natural consequence of the human desire for a structural pattern to every part of his life.

You have to agree to a set of beliefs. The rules part I think (organised religion) is more the natural consequence of the human desire for a structural pattern to every part of his life.

and atheists have a set of beliefs, they have meetings, they raise their children to believe as they do, they have a symbol, they think people who don't believe as they do are stupid....but its not a religion??

and atheists have a set of beliefs, they have meetings, they raise their children to believe as they do, they have a symbol, they think people who don't believe as they do are stupid....but its not a religion??

They have no God. So its more like a club.

But they will aggregate around charismatic personalities so they do have prophets. But no God.

I think this thread ended at post #76. The rest lacks any debate worthy arguments.
So to keep conclusions fresh I'm locking this thread so it doesn't sink in further off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back