Assisted suicide/right to commit suicide

Who should have access to assisted suicide?

• Anyone with a durable death wish should have access to assisted suicide.

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • only seriously ill people should have access to assisted suicide.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • noone should have access to assisted suicide.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • suicide should be illegal.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
It should be the persons choice, but there must be measures to insure their death does not impact anyone but themselves. (ie leaving debt for family, leaving their body in a hotel room, etc..)

It should be the persons choice, but there must be measures to insure their death does not impact anyone but themselves. (ie leaving debt for family, leaving their body in a hotel room, etc..)

Leaving debt for family..... well in my country at least, if the family does not accept the persons stuff, they don't get the debt either.

Leaving the body in a hotel room.... the problem is then that there are little other good options in many circumstances....

But what of suicides in which the person in question jumps in front of a passing vehicle? In this way, he is affecting the driver of that vehicle, and causing unnecessary psychological problems for everyone in the vicinity.

But what of suicides in which the person in question jumps in front of a passing vehicle? In this way, he is affecting the driver of that vehicle, and causing unnecessary psychological problems for everyone in the vicinity.

Maybe that is because people like you didn't want to provide the person with a means to commit suicide peacefully.

Maybe that is because people like you didn't want to provide the person with a means to commit suicide peacefully.

When did I say this? I even said, as much as I don't approve of it, I agree that it is not my right, however ONLY if the person is experiencing pain or suffering

....Because he believed in people's own right to choose whether to live or die, regardless of being healthy or not? What's wrong with that?

He preys on those people. Just as a con artist preys on lonely old women, he preys on depressed sick people.
I am for assisted suicide, not mass murder under the guise of assisted suicide.

He preys on those people. Just as a con artist preys on lonely old women, he preys on depressed sick people.
I am for assisted suicide, not mass murder under the guise of assisted suicide.

whatever I don't know his whole story. But I still think that people should be allowed to commit suicide regardless of being healthy or not, as long as the death wish is durable.

some poeple just dont want to live full stop, and perhaps it would be better if they were dead, some people just cant live with things they ahve done, and what people have done to them

not if they're not sick, if they are seriously ill then yeah they should be able to, if someone just wants to die then NO, they shouldn't because that could be seen has murder

What is your definition of seriously ill? Do you believe that a person should only receive suicide assistance if they are suffering from a terminal illness? Diseases don’t affect everyone the same way. Some people have a higher threshold for pain. And some people are not afraid of death. A person that is only suffering from depression could experience more psychological pain than someone that has a terminal disease.

I believe that anyone that is suffering from physical or emotional pain should have the privilege of experiencing a peaceful death. No one should have the right to force someone to continue living. Anyone that has a problem with assisted suicide should be doing something to make this world a better place.

Making suicide illegal would be pointless. If i'm going to kill myself, why woudl I give a flying fuck about going to prison or paying a fine? I'm dead!

Interesting how this poll does not reflect the public opinion at ALL...

... and there was me thinking that I held a controversial viewpoint by saying that everybody should be able to kill themselves, with assistance if necessary.

Back