Ask me questions about the Universe that usually don't get answered.

I've got a question for you:
why are you still here and still promoting your insupportable drivel?

Though they were meant to be light hearted, I believe I can support each of my answers to the questions presented.

But seriously, this is a pseudoscience folder. As long as people are aware and remember that what is the harm?

Though they were meant to be light hearted, I believe I can support each of my answers to the questions presented.
Er, my question was addressed to Pincho (he started the thread).
And see his reply below yours for "light-hearted". He's utterly convinced that he's correct.
He's not so much promoting Pseudoscience as anti-science.

Er, my question was addressed to Pincho (he started the thread).
And see his reply below yours for "light-hearted". He's utterly convinced that he's correct.
He's not so much promoting Pseudoscience as anti-science.

You wrote something that is correct well done. I am anti-science because of people like you. However I keep the name Aether in respect for real scientists like Einstein.

I am am a camp not mentioned... Not!

Though I have an extensive science fiction library, I am not partial to String Theory, though some related issues I find intriguing. I tend toward a classical interpretation of GR and SR, though worm holes and such remain, to me in the realm of science fiction.

I am of the personal opinion, that if there is more than one universe, any other than the one we currently experience is beyond our ability to understand and what limited time we have would be better spent trying to solve what we have yet to fully understand of the universe within which we now reside.

One of more than enough to deal with. Except, when we drift off into dreams.
I agree except to me the universe is everything, i.e. there are not a bunch of separate universes as in string theory. The multiverse does not have to be string theory. And if the multiverse is considered multiple big bangs which would mean preconditions to the big bang, many things could be explained that the current standard cosmology cannot address. Admittedly is it speculation but "something from nothing" is the alternative. You are a something from nothing man then?

You wrote something that is correct well done. I am anti-science because of people like you.
That's incorrect.
You're anti-science because you know nothing about science.
Because you're deluded.
Because you want to think of yourself as someone special.
Because you'd rather believe than learn.

A universe is a membrane that creates Entropy in its structure. You can have more than 1 entropy structure outside of the membrane that is our universe. so you can have a multiverse. But there will still be the same symmetry in all universe. The galaxies will look like our galaxies... not the same shape, not the same people, but the same properties.

That's incorrect.
You're anti-science because you know nothing about science.
Because you're deluded.
Because you want to think of yourself as someone special.
Because you'd rather believe than learn.

You can not tell someone that their answers to their emotions are incorrect. You cannot read minds. you have just experienced an emotional response, and in doing so forgot to apply logic.

Pincho, how come the cosmos is so incredibly large? Is all this stuff necessary, somehow?

Entropy is not very good at making things change back to zero. First there is a delay, which means that before you can check energy you need energy to happen. Then to correct that energy entropy breaks parts off, but that creates new parts, so is another failure for entropy to close the loop. Basically nothing becomes uncontrollable to the extreme.

You can not tell someone that their answers to their emotions are incorrect.
So that's where you get you "answers" from? Emotion?
You're promoting emotion as an "alternative" to science? :eek:

You cannot read minds.
Never claimed to.

you have just experienced an emotional response, and in doing so forgot to apply logic.
False and false.

But nice try anyway.

Entropy is not very good at making things change back to zero. First there is a delay, which means that before you can check energy you need energy to happen. Then to correct that energy entropy breaks parts off, but that creates new parts, so is another failure for entropy to close the loop. Basically nothing becomes uncontrollable to the extreme.

Sounds OK.

How come the basic particles and the Planck size are so darn small?

Is the Plank size an absolute lower limit, making the size scale absolute?

Any upper limit for size? Or would it collapse into a black hole at some point?

Was the basic energy/stuff around forever or was it created from something (and what was that something)?

You are a something from nothing man then?

No matter what or which origin or creation model one applies, there will always remain the question, What then before that?

This sort of question seems to me, to be beyond our current ability to define and/or explain with any certainty and/or finality.

It seems that there is some fundamental need within mankind, to seek such answers. The origins of that need are most likely the subject of discussion in some other thread in some other folder, or should be.

For me it is enough to say I do not know with any certainty what will come next or where it all began. These are questions beyond my experience.

I am certain that we all came from something. The question of whether the universe had a begginning or will have an end is beyond anything I can imagine, aside from imagination itself.

So, no I am not a something from nothing man. Instead I would say I am someone who understands at least some of the limitations of my ability to provide "real" answers to questions like, where did it all begin and where will it all end. In either case I was not here to see the beginning if there was one. Nor do I know anyone who was. And I am fairly certain I will not be here to see the end. Nor do I believe I know anyone who will.

We have some very fundamental questions before us that remain unanswered, that we deal with everyday. It seems a terrible shame to waste time on things we cannot at least at present ever hope to know with certainty when we have no real idea of what causes things like inertia and gravity, the relationship between space and matter, why a neutrino might travel faster than light and so many other questions, that are a part of the world we wake up to each day.

However, this is a personal opinion and I support everyone's right to their own beliefs. Somehow, beliefs seem to have become an important part of human awareness. But this once again begins to stray from the subject area of this thread.

Is the Plank size an absolute lower limit, making the size scale absolute?

Any upper limit for size? Or would it collapse into a black hole at some point?

There is a negative lower limit which can be quite large. A black hole is a very large negative size. So plank isn't the smallest. The change from positive to negative is a barrier that causes a small explosion as the particles pop inside out. The upper limit is based on relativity. When the first particle appeared it was not relative to anything, so it's scale is unknown. For example I am larger than a cat, and a cat is larger than a mouse, but the first particle had no comparison. It could be very large, or very small. The Universal membrane could be breached, I think we could survive that due to the hole relieving the pressure like a pressure valve. But the opposite.. that we could be crushed some day, that could happen, because that happened to create Galaxies.

Was the basic energy/stuff around forever or was it created from something (and what was that something)?

Energy rises when particles overlap. This is because a sphere is mathematically equal in all directions, but overlapped particles are no longer spherical, they work together as a new shape. Entropy tries to fix this new shape back to mathematically stable. Entropy is a membrane like the Universal membrane. If you have a balloon full of water with another inflating balloon inside it the outer membrane reflects what is happening to the inner membrane. By squeezing the outer membrane you can push things apart in the inner membrane. That's sort of how entropy works. Under pressure the outer membrane reflects back that pressure. The Galaxy has a membrane, the sun blows out a membrane, a black hole blows out membrane. We are in a sort of bubble wrap, and that bubble wrap is all working together as a directional force to hold back energy.

No matter what or which origin or creation model one applies, there will always remain the question, What then before that?

This sort of question seems to me, to be beyond our current ability to define and/or explain with any certainty and/or finality.

It seems that there is some fundamental need within mankind, to seek such answers. The origins of that need are most likely the subject of discussion in some other thread in some other folder, or should be.

For me it is enough to say I do not know with any certainty what will come next or where it all began. These are questions beyond my experience.

I am certain that we all came from something. The question of whether the universe had a begginning or will have an end is beyond anything I can imagine, aside from imagination itself.

So, no I am not a something from nothing man. Instead I would say I am someone who understands at least some of the limitations of my ability to provide "real" answers to questions like, where did it all begin and where will it all end. In either case I was not here to see the beginning if there was one. Nor do I know anyone who was. And I am fairly certain I will not be here to see the end. Nor do I believe I know anyone who will.

We have some very fundamental questions before us that remain unanswered, that we deal with everyday. It seems a terrible shame to waste time on things we cannot at least at present ever hope to know with certainty when we have no real idea of what causes things like inertia and gravity, the relationship between space and matter, why a neutrino might travel faster than light and so many other questions, that are a part of the world we wake up to each day.

However, this is a personal opinion and I support everyone's right to their own beliefs. Somehow, beliefs seem to have become an important part of human awareness. But this once again begins to stray from the subject area of this thread.

They are the subject area of this thread. :D

Back