Are you listening to music?

An interesting phenomenon is that instrumental music is being replaced with lyrics and with rap at its most extreme.

It's a desensitization of response to frequency harmonics and the reliance on words to give the "performance" any meaning at all.

From children and adults performing opera
and
to current trends of just chaotic noise

Last edited:
One of my all time favorites is a musical tribute to Django Reinhardt by the Modern Jazz Quartet

The simple beauty of the composition and execution is a marvel of harmonic excellence.

As a musician that've been playing for 30 years I would be kind of weird if I didn't listen to music.
If anyone is wondering what I play it's basically death metal lead guitar, so maybe not all that basic.
Lots of fast flurries, classical feel here, some bluesier stuff there with some diminished scales thrown in for that evil feel.
Latest stuff I've been geeking out about is this.

The. Cacophonic. Quadrant. is a new band that I've been listening to. They have Oldskool Dance Music flavours ... quite techno-y and somewhat experimental at times: here is a full album video which has some great tracks:
And here is a new track from new EP:

And if that was slightly disturbing, this will settle you down into a more relaxed frame of mind.

Went out and Immediatley bought this great cd..The King and the beautiful German Frauline, backed up by the Royal Philarmonic Orchestra....

Listening to a lot of YouTube for a while now if my Itching starts up before due next anti--Itch tablets

Stumbled across Santana (not heard for years)

Now going through his YouTube content

:)

As a musician that've been playing for 30 years I would be kind of weird if I didn't listen to music.
If anyone is wondering what I play it's basically death metal lead guitar, so maybe not all that basic.
Lots of fast flurries, classical feel here, some bluesier stuff there with some diminished scales thrown in for that evil feel.
Latest stuff I've been geeking out about is this.
It's not my genre but absolutely amazing technique.

Back