Are you an introvert or extrovert?

We may not see the logic in the wording from where we sit, but I'll bet you my paycheque they have very good data showing that the wording they crafted gets the results they intended the test to get.
Which is? To put you some unique percent of the way into one of 16 boxes? Okay, but why does anyone wish to be classified in this way?

I dont know what messages you mean.!!!
What is a good example of one of those feminist messages you dont care for that strongly suggest for women to compete wit men, be like men???... ie... compete wit men in what way... an be like men in what way.???
They're usually things that we women hear, that you might not hear, as they are usually comments/compliments (?) directed at us. An example would be if a woman gets a promotion in a mostly male workplace, and someone congratulates her by saying ''you should feel proud - historically, only men have worked in that role.'' So, is she being congratulated for her hard work, on her own merit, or she being congratulated because she is ''finally'' equal to one of the guys, in terms of her work performance?

The bar or standard of success for a woman, shouldn't be "measuring up" to the men she works with. In another thread about misogyny, someone asked about women becoming Catholic priests, as if taking traditionally male dominated roles is some defining moment for a woman. I understand that the sentiment might be coming from a good place, but true equality is when we just look at individuals and their performance, without the need to compare them to one another.

Hope that helps explain it a bit.

Which is? To put you some unique percent of the way into one of 16 boxes? Okay, but why does anyone wish to be classified in this way?
I just took the test again and my results are I-81%, N-67%, T-72%, P-81%.

100,000,000 possibilities is hardly being stuffed into small boxes.

Humans are ego-centric. They like to know about themselves.

This test can be used personally as a form of self-reflection. Thinking about the questions get me thinking about how I process. And how others might process differently.

In another thread about misogyny, someone asked about women becoming Catholic priests, as if taking traditionally male dominated roles is some defining moment for a woman.
Heh. That was me.

(But it's hardly a fair interpretation. It has nothing to do with scoring a male-dominated role. People (women and men alike) have dreams of their vocation. If a person (woman or man) wants to be a Catholic Priest, it should not be her gender stopping her.)

Last edited:
Yeah, I recently became "woke" through a different avenue.

The Ford-Kavanaugh scandal hilit for me just how much sexism is rampant in the world. Not just verbal and psychological sexism, but physical assault. Most women you know have experienced sexual assault in their lives. It's not a rare issue - it's ubiquitous. And we men (or at least me) have been oblivious to it, except from a distance.

They're usually things that we women hear, that you might not hear, as they are usually comments/compliments (?) directed at us. An example would be if a woman gets a promotion in a mostly male workplace, and someone congratulates her by saying ''you should feel proud - historically, only men have worked in that role.'' So, is she being congratulated for her hard work, on her own merit, or she being congratulated because she is ''finally'' equal to one of the guys, in terms of her work performance?

Good time to put sculptor (sorry sculptor :wink:) back under the heat lamp for calling you 'babe'. Ironically, I was trying to dream up a response to that post that had a sexist epithet for males - and I couldn't come up with one.

Are there any condescendingly sexist terms for men?

Heh. That was me.

(But it's hardly a fair interpretation. It has nothing to do with scoring a male-dominated rioe. People (women and men alike) have dreams of their vocation. If a person (woman or man) wants to be a Catholic Priest, it should not be her gender stopping her. )
True, but if/when she achieves what she has worked towards, she will be compared to the men who came before her, in those roles. It happens all the time.

Perfect... thanks :)

Good :)

True, but if/when she achieves what she has worked towards, she will be compared to the men who came before her, in those roles. It happens all the time.
Totally agree.

"First female astronaut!"
Great. I'm not an astronaut, I'm a female astronaut.

100,000,000 possibilities is hardly being stuffed into small boxes.
I didn't say they were small. I asked why you want somebody to sort you into one.

Humans are ego-centric. They like to know about themselves.
They like taking quizzes for fun; they like filling in opinion questionnaires.
They generally do not like being forced to reveal personal information and sentiments for strangers to judge and use to assign them to the very much smaller, tighter box of a job-description. Yet, as long as psychological tests are accepted as valid assessments of character, employers will do that.
And I can think of far more sinister uses.

This test can be used personally as a form of self-reflection. Thinking about the questions get me thinking about how I process. And how others might process differently.
You didn't know this beforehand?

The Ford-Kavanaugh scandal hilit for me just how much sexism is rampant in the world. Not just verbal and psychological sexism, but physical assault. Most women you know have experienced sexual assault in their lives. It's not a rare issue - it's ubiquitous. And we men (or at least me) have been oblivious to it, except from a distance.
Yea, and in the end, no one cares about what she went through. He is now a SC judge.

Good time to put sculptor (sorry sculptor :wink:) back under the heat lamp for calling you 'babe'. Ironically, I was trying to dream up a response to that post that had a sexist epithet for males - and I couldn't come up with one.

hahahaha I saw that. :D

Not sure of any condescendingly sexist terms for men. I don't know, if a woman at work called you ''babe,'' how might you respond? Would you like it, or find it inappropriate?

They generally do not like being forced to reveal personal information and sentiments for strangers to judge and use to assign them to the very much smaller, tighter box of a job-description. Yet, as long as psychological tests are accepted as valid assessments of character, employers will do that.
Agree. Which is why, when wegs mentioned it was part of her pre-hire interview, I was alarmed.

I don't mind it being used after being hired, as a method for promoting communication. But as part of the hiring process? No.

You didn't know this beforehand?
I did. I was pointing it out to you, in response to your question 'why would one want to do this'?

Not sure of any condescendingly sexist terms for men. I don't know, if a woman at work called you ''babe,'' how might you respond? Would you like it, or find it inappropriate?
It would be a little weird. I'd assume just being eccentric. I'd file it under harmless until I had a better picture of her interaction style (for all I know she calls everyone babe).

I have experienced bigotry of similar kind just recently. Someone at my work seemed to peg me as 'the token old white guy who is probably racist and sexist'.
Had some precious comments about my weight and eating habits, as well as whether I could possibly distinguish spoken Chinese from other Asian languages.

Totally agree.

"First female astronaut!"
Great. I'm not an astronaut, I'm a female astronaut.
Exactly! :)

I can’t speak for all women; maybe some enjoy the gender-related praise. I don’t cringe when hearing it, but there’s something about it that feels like a back handed compliment.

It would be a little weird. I'd assume just being eccentric. I'd file it under harmless until I had a better picture of her interaction style (for all I know she calls everyone babe).

I have experienced bigotry of similar kind just recently. Someone at my work seemed to peg me as 'the token old white guy who is probably racist and sexist'.
Had some precious comments about my weight and eating habits, as well as whether I could possibly distinguish spoken Chinese from other Asian languages.
Omg that’s so terrible. You’re nothing like they describe, from what I can tell. Seriously, that’s bullshit. :(

How have you handled it?

You’re nothing like they describe, from what I can tell.
It was an eye-opening experience to be on the "outside". The team was comprised of mostly 20 and 30-year-olds. About 50% women and all but myself were East or South Asian.

It was great for the first 3/4ths. I really enjoyed the diversity in people and culture (I live in the most diverse city in one of the most diverse countries in the world). But when this person decided I was cramping her style, my whole perspective changed. I started to view myself through her eyes as an older, white male with the stink of privilege - a threat to a young millennial clique. (Most others liked me, just not her. She was older and more senior.)

How have you handled it?
My contract ended 7 weeks early, and I'm pretty certain this had a great deal to do with it.

So I'm handling it about as well as can be expected. Keeping my chin up & all. :D

Last edited:
What I'm still struggling with is the obsession with profiling. So what if you discover where you fit into some dream team's notion of 4 or 7 or 9 or 16 personality types? Is it ever worth $50 to find out --- well, did you learn anything you didn't already know about yourself?
You didn't grow up to be a president or a forest ranger but became a misfitted forklift operator by day, because you need a job; hopeful novelist by night, because it's what you really want to do. The test score doesn't change your situation.
Why employers administer these tests? My best guess: in case you run amok some day with a semi-automatic, they can hand your results to the police: "See, there was nothing to indicate that the soul-destroying humiliation and tedium of this job would push her over the edge."
I don't think employers of forklift operators generally give these tests.

Agree. Which is why, when wegs mentioned it was part of her pre-hire interview, I was alarmed.
Too late. It's already a standard requirement at many companies. People place credence in something; managers will adopt is a tool.
Far more destructive is their use on young people to slot them into educational groups. And then we have criminal profiling, etc.

I did. I was pointing it out to you, in response to your question 'why would one want to do this'?
So did I. So did pretty much anybody who's ever done any introspection.
People with no self-knowledge - who might benefit from these quizzes don't take them; the people who take them voluntarily don't need them.
I know, I've taken quite a few, both for entertainment and as part of a job - to assess the assessment tests for use on those young people I mentioned.

I don't think employers of forklift operators generally give these tests.
Until the forklift operator has the temerity to apply for a manager position.
BTW, these are two different situation. It's been suggested that someone might take a personality test to discover what work he's best suited for. I used the warehouseman as an example of doing whatever job is available, rather than go hungry until they can land the job recommended by their personality assessment results.

Yea, and in the end, no one cares about what she went through. He is now a SC judge.
This was best summed up in a political cartoon where the Republican panel was talking to Christine Blasey Ford after her testimony:

"It's not that we don't believe you. It's that we don't care."

Hun, Honey, Babe, My Man...

Back