Are People Just Resources?

Are People Just Resources to Be Used by Corporations?

• Yes

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
I suppose most people... yes. But that doesn't make their lives any less sacred.

Sacred? To whom?

What you're doing, like many, is projecting your own ideals onto others. And in my opinion, making people believe that they're so important, so "sacred", is one of the major problems of society today. What does a person do later when he comes to realize that he really and truly is not important in the grand scheme of things? Well, the strong bounce back; but the weak have breakdowns, depression, turn to drugs and booze, or to suicide.

If you take away one at a time eventually there's nothing left....

Taking away all the sand on the beach doesn't change the ocean, nor does it change the land. And the ocean can grind up another beach without much effort.

I agree. Doens't mean we should go out an kill each other, though.

No, we shouldn't go out and kill each other ...unless we want to! And our freedoms give us that opportunity.

Baron Max

Sacred? To whom?
To each other... and the universe... :D

What you're doing, like many, is projecting your own ideals onto others. And in my opinion, making people believe that they're so important, so "sacred", is one of the major problems of society today.
Do you have children and grandchildren? Are they sacred to you?

What does a person do later when he comes to realize that he really and truly is not important in the grand scheme of things? Well, the strong bounce back; but the weak have breakdowns, depression, turn to drugs and booze, or to suicide.
Let that natural selection continue to occur in teenagers...:D

Taking away all the sand on the beach doesn't change the ocean, nor does it change the land. And the ocean can grind up another beach without much effort.
Why do you think that analogy always holds true? :D

No, we shouldn't go out and kill each other ...unless we want to! And our freedoms give us that opportunity.
Freedom to live?

Back