Are gay/lesbian immoral ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by okinrus
Better to let the children play and let God punish you all.

I realize that this is probably an argument for the religion forum, but isn't that part of Christian doctrine anyway? I realize that in practice it's a very different situation, but why don't you just sit back, live how you feel is good and moral, let the world run it's course, and let God sort them out, as it were. Isn't he supposed to be the only one truly qualified to judge others? Let he who is free of sin cast the first stone, and judge not lest you be judged, and all that. Such a shame that so many Christians should feel the need to dirty their hands by trying to make the world conform to their teachings.

Originally posted by Xev
Mystech:
So you think you'll change his mind? Bah, bull, you're bored just like me.

Perhaps the foolish hope of having some small chance of nullifying some of his beliefs on the subject, or in this case, being that so many seem to be making up their opinions and arguments as they go along, at least destroying that avenue in their minds.

The real benefit is being prepared for self righteous declarations of entitlement in the real world. Arguing like this is a good way to become familiar with reassuring arguments against my position, and being able to meet them, and turn the tables, as it were. For all the stupid things I may say here on these forums, imagine how stupid I'd look if I just went around shouting about gay rights, and couldn't give a single reason for why my point of view should be accepted over that of those who oppose them.

Life is a battle of wits, and I’m just trying to be sure I’m well armed.

I realize that in practice it's a very different situation, but why don't you just sit back, live how you feel is good and moral, let the world run it's course, and let God sort them out, as it were. Isn't he supposed to be the only one truly qualified to judge others? Let he who is free of sin cast the first stone, and judge not lest you be judged, and all that. Such a shame that so many Christians should feel the need to dirty their hands by trying to make the world conform to their teachings.
Well if someone asks if it sinful then we have to say it is. You've invited this onslaught on yourself :( I'm not at all judging you or anyone else. Jesus also said "Judge for yourself what is right". So we can judge what actions are right and that's what this debate is about. Not personal attacks.

"Well if someone asks if it sinful then we have to say it is. You've invited this onslaught on yourself I'm not at all judging you or anyone else. Jesus also said "Judge for yourself what is right". So we can judge what actions are right and that's what this debate is about. Not personal attacks."

So, you are not judging anyone, but you are allowed to judge what is right and what isnt, so your judhging someone?

So, you are not judging anyone, but you are allowed to judge what is right and what isnt, so your judhging someone?
No, judging would be like saying your an evil sinful person who is going to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back