any religion taught this

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: any religion taught this

Originally posted by Jenyar
People who believe in God do not have to believe everything you believe about God. Death and sin are results, not creations. Do murderers create murder, or do they commit it? Nobody has the right to condemn anyone to death but God who also gives life. People can't give life, and therefore have no authority to take it. Sometimes justice demands it, but here is where people have to decide just how much justice will actually be served. If you condemn someone, you have to be prepared to receive condemnation by those same principles.

Well, that last sentence seems like a threat. How can you truly say what my beliefs are towards god? I merely stated an example of how evil exists. In the simple existence of this universe. You say evil is sin and a product of humans, when factually humans did not create sharks, rattlesnakes, poison ivy. Do these things perform good towards us? I also know that rape was created in our simple dualistic existence, because if we were all androgynous or neither male or female, we would be asexual, therefore sex would not exist(at least how know it), and there would be no chance of a rape ever occurring! Will not this body of mine die and decay, and get devoured by the worms? Will not my penis then cease to exist? Then, is love not on a different level totally, than this existence? Will my love for one cease because my penis is accidentely amputated? Then is it not possible for love to be the opposite of what we are forced into?

There are many things that are "natural" (in fact, if you truly believe in evolution, absolutely everything is natural) - but not everything is good, right, justifiable or God's will. Whether your intentions are politcal, spiritual or social, if you do not subject them to God, they will be ultimately personal and the question becomes: who are you unaccountable to?

Many religions seem to be very personal to me. All of the ministers and preachers and priests that I have personally seen have much more money than my mother. And she is 10 times the good person they are.

If we are only "social animals", what are our responsibilities beyond reproduction and self-preservation? Do we really have any, or is morality an artificial invention, as some would have it?

We are not only social animals. Responsibilities should be taught in truth. That is why I say this is an evil universe and we are the good. Any cult viewpoint is irrelevant, because we should help good to rule!

Nothing, that was my point - not tar, not feathers, just stones - hence the word "stoning".

Please answer the rest of the question and inform me where it is stated.

You mean, is there an ethic of evil? Can a country politely take over another one, using all forms of brainwashing and propaganda, without resorting to physical agression? Probably - which is why politics exist, I suppose. But they should not be surprised if its people take it back much less politely. Somewhere there is always someone with an evil agenda, with good people working for him without their knowledge. Or someone with good intentions, with evil people undermining him. Ultimately, everybody answers only to themselves - unless they don't...

Does that not mean that evil is a force among us that is rooted in creation simply because it is possible to succeed by using it?

The message is simple: perform and tolerate no evil of any kind, because God does not condone it. God did not create evil (at least not the kind you envision), but some things we experience as "evil" which are only natural consequences. The natural consequence of rebellion against God is death. I.e, if you don't love, you are sinning.

It doesn't seem so natural to me for someone to be tied to a tree and lit on fire. Besides, you just stated that when people of god perform death that they are doing it as an order of god, either through mysterious ways or natural. I think that the fact that we have to kill to eat, is proof that life is based in evil.

PS. If the law is love, then does that also mean "love evil"? Of course not. Just as surely it does not follow that if God exists, everything must be caused by God. Darkness isn't light's "fault" or "creation".

Your right, red(or darkness as you know it), is not a fault of blue(lightness), they exist alongside each other, before us. They are opposites. Just to be honest I have come to the belief of no belief. That's right, i don't believe there is a god nor do I believe there is not a god. Both are irrelevant possibilities to me because I see us all as brothers and sisters. And I know that there is another "force" to this life that can't be explained by science or naturalness(at least technically), where others only have a belief. Finally, everything is caused by God indirectly because he created it and made it possible for a being to succeed in that manner, but directly he is not to blame for a humans personal decision, or for the reason that some people can't think for themselves and that they automatically assume that since the No. 1 cult in our world got there with performing evil and hiding it, and proclaiming they were gonna destroy evil itself, that it was perfomed by god itself! You see, I see this goodness in every religion, unfortunatly it can be plaguerized and destroyed and hidden and used for evil purposes.

God commits a sin . . . .

Originally posted by Jenyar
People who believe in God do not have to believe everything you believe about God. Death and sin are results, not creations. Do murderers create murder, or do they commit it?
Using your logic one could say: ergo God didn't create sin, God committed sin.

It’s kind of funny isn’t it? Trying to explain this nonsense. Simply put, if god created the universe with the foreknowledge that his creations would suffer horribly then he is an evil psychopath.
Agreed? Good.
Everyone here would agree that an “all powerful” being – one that created the universe and life itself (from nothingness) - does have the ability to create conscious "free-willed" creatures that do not have to suffer and can still gain whatever insights “he” wants them to gain. So, you can blame it on Eve, you can wiggle this way and that, you can prattle on about an all loving god, bla bla bla ... but when you boil it down to first principals it’s this:

When given the choice of
1) creating a universe in which “people” do not suffer and live in peace in a paradise and
2) the choice of creating a universe where some people horribly suffer in the worst imaginable ways.

If that being then chooses the later – then that creature/god is an evil psychopath. Anyone with an once of sanity would agree to that.

Re: God commits a sin . . . .

Originally posted by Michael
Using your logic one could say: ergo God didn't create sin, God committed sin.

When given the choice of
1) creating a universe in which “people” do not suffer and live in peace in a paradise and
2) the choice of creating a universe where some people horribly suffer in the worst imaginable ways.

If that being then chooses the later – then that creature/god is an evil psychopath. Anyone with an once of sanity would agree to that.
By your logic:

God had the choice of
1) creating a universe in which "people" do not suffer and live in peace in a paradise where He is God, not them
2) the choice of creating a universe where some people experience love, companionship, freedom and friendship in the most unimaginable ways.

And chose first 1, then 2 - both. And any sane person can see God's benevolence and mercy.

Let me tell you what went wrong:
1) Adam became convinced God lied about the severe consequences of rebellion and wanted to become like God
2) Cnsequently he had to assume the responsibilities of having to "be like God" - along with having to care for himself and his wife, and to enforce his own peace because He rejected God's peace by disobeying God's authority.

And the results are still the same. Suffering only exists outside paradise. We have the choice to live here trying to be the "gods" of our world and causing people to suffer, or we can turn back to God and start living according to the purpose for which He created us in the first place.

Last edited:
Re: Re: God commits a sin . . . .

Originally posted by Jenyar-of-th-70-Books
1) Adam became convinced God lied about the severe consequences of rebellion and wanted to become like God
From which of your "70 Books" of the Septuagint did you learn this, and when (and by whom) do you think it was written?

Re: Re: Re: God commits a sin . . . .

Originally posted by ConsequentAtheist
From which of your "70 Books" of the Septuagint did you learn this, and when (and by whom) do you think it was written?
Genesis. God told Adam that disobedience would bring death,Adam and Eve were tempted to disobey, their sin caused their expulsion from paradise, and eventually they did die - as we still do.

It probably originated during pre-Sumerian times and was just one of many. Myths and metaphors might be myths and metaphors, but what they point to - their truth - speaks for itself. Since the pattern is still visible in our lives today, it is a dependable account. It was told, memorized, later written down and accepted by the people God chose for His covenant. It has since been a reference for all His people.

If you doubt its truth, please feel free to refute it based on its principles or morals, since nothing else can be reconstructed from it.

Re: Re: God commits a sin . . . .

Jenyar, I understand the myth of Adam and Eve.

You seem to dance around the questions so lets be straight forward about this. Please just answer “yes” or “no” to the questions before writing any additional information. What I do not want is for you to re-write my questions to suit you and then for you to answer your own questions as you see fit.

These are the questions I have. They are valid questions. There is nothing inherently wrong with them. If you don't know the answer/or have an opinion that's OK, just don't answer.

1) Before creating the universe did god already know man would make the choices that would lead to some of humanity suffering in the worst imaginable ways?
Yes or No

2) Does god have the ability to create a universe where conscious "free-willed" creatures do not have to suffer and can still gain whatever insights “he” wants them to gain?
Yes or No

3) Is any god that has a desire for people to suffer in the most horrible ways imaginable a f*cking psychopath?
Yes or No?

If you answered Yes to #1 and #2 then we are in agreement that “god” 1) knew before he created the universe that man would make the choices that would eventuate in massive human suffering and 2) when given the choice of creating a universe where #1 didn’t occur “he” instead choose to create a universe where he knew beforehand people would suffer horridly. As that is the case in this universe then, I think, we can agree that god is a f*cking psychopath.

#1) = [ ]
#2) = [ ]
#3) = [ ]

Clarification below here:

actually we (humans) are not totally alone in this respect - some insects (ants primarily) kill their own kind

What the hell is everyone on? Animals kill their own kind all of the time. Chimps go on random murder sprees and engage in cannibalism. Felines devour inferior kittens. Sharks sometimes kill eachother during mating. Wolves battle other packs. The list goes on.

but is any religion preached its followers to kill orther people?.we are all humans.even animals wont kill the same kind animal.then being humans why we are killing our people.

How about Odalism, in particular the cult of Odin? Odin demanded constant human sacrifice and bloodshed. How about the Aztecs, the Celts, or the Romans?

Originally posted by and2000x
What the hell is everyone on? Animals kill their own kind all of the time. Chimps go on random murder sprees and engage in cannibalism. Felines devour inferior kittens. Sharks sometimes kill eachother during mating. Wolves battle other packs. The list goes on.
yes animals kill their own kind (although in general they poster). If you continue to read a couple posted down you’ll see a fuller explanation. In short: some ants (obviously as a group) systematical attack another ant colony (of the same species) and fight until either they are completely killed off or they completely kill every ant in the other colony. A wolf attacking another wolf is a completely different situation. What would be the same is a pack of wolves attacking another pack of wolves and both packs fighting until one group is completely eliminated. This doesn’t occur. Neither do sharks nor chimps behave in such a manner. A cat eating kittens isn’t the same either. A group of cats attacking another group of cats until one group is completely killed off would be the same. That doesn’t occur. No other animal that I can think of acts in this way (other than humans that is).

Neither do sharks nor chimps behave in such a manner. A cat eating kittens isn’t the same either. A group of cats attacking another group of cats until one group is completely killed off would be the same. That doesn’t occur. No other animal that I can think of acts in this way (other than humans that is).

Yes it does jew bag. Cats practice a form of eugenics. You see, female cats have the ability to be pregnant with the litters of two different males. If the male cat finds out, be it through scent, or witness, or the death of the other father, he will kill all of the newborn kittens, then impregnate the mother again. This occurs in lions as well and acts as a device to get rid of inferior genes.

Cannibalism is well documented among chimps, I thought everyone knew this. Chimps will attack another family of chimps and completely kill them for no know reason. This may show our roots of war.

Yes it does jew bag.
meow .. catty today aren’t we? Maybe, pull your panties out? They're in a bunch.

Cats practice a form of eugenics. You see, female cats have the ability to be pregnant with the litters of two different males. If the male cat finds out, be it through scent, or witness, or the death of the other father, he will kill all of the newborn kittens, then impregnate the mother again. This occurs in lions as well and acts as a device to get rid of inferior genes.
This may be true but isn't what I was talking about. It's nice that you make a totally different statement and then complete it by answering yourself. One wonders why you posted in the first place. Just sit in front of the mirror and babble away :)

Good job!

Cannibalism is well documented among chimps, I thought everyone knew this. Chimps will attack another family of chimps and completely kill them for no know reason. This may show our roots of war.
Chimpanzees have been observed practicing cannibalism - although rarely. Although my post wasn’t about cannibalism. However, as you said cannibalism is well documented. Not just in Chimps either. Regardless, there may be a point here. And, it’s good that you have made it. Not too many people like to show how their earlier posting was a bit hasty and not well thought out - in essence wrong. Which is why this one is much better – as you clarify you’re misconceptions of your first posting.

Good job!

Here’s one. You see, animals mate. When a male finds a female they have been observed to mate. It’s well documented and also beside the point.

It was stated that animals don't kill their own kind. What am I misinformed about?

Yes by aswanikumar. I didn’t say that. What I said was humans aren’t the only animals that kill their own kind. And then gave ants as an example.

Re: Re: Re: God commits a sin . . . .

These are the questions I have. They are valid questions. There is nothing inherently wrong with them. If you don't know the answer/or have an opinion that's OK, just don't answer.

1) Before creating the universe did god already know man would make the choices that would lead to some of humanity suffering in the worst imaginable ways?
Yes

2) Does god have the ability to create a universe where conscious "free-willed" creatures do not have to suffer and can still gain whatever insights “he” wants them to gain?
Yes

3) Is any god that has a desire for people to suffer in the most horrible ways imaginable a f*cking psychopath?
Yes

If you answered Yes to #1 and #2 then we are in agreement that “god” 1) knew before he created the universe that man would make the choices that would eventuate in massive human suffering and 2) when given the choice of creating a universe where #1 didn’t occur “he” instead choose to create a universe where he knew beforehand people would suffer horridly. As that is the case in this universe then, I think, we can agree that god is a f*cking psychopath.

Clarification below here:
#1) But man did not have to make the choice. God knew He would still love them, would be able to save them from such a world, and that some would make the decision not to cause suffering and stay on the right path, in a position and able to help those who were suffering.

God knew it was a possibilty, but it wasn't a certainty. He trusted us, and still does. Some people still have no idea what causes suffering, or deny that they are causing it by their selfishness.

#2) ... and He has. Twice, going on thrice. He knows everybody who will ever be born. His rules are still clear, and he still trusts us to live and raise our children the right way. The warning is still the same: sin will cause death. But we decide whether we want a part of paradise, and He accepts our decision either way.

We were expelled from the paradise you describe because we brought sin into it, and we won't enter it again if we still carry sin with us.

#3) He doesn't desire suffering or evil, that is why there are rules. These rules are the conditions for re-entering the gates of paradise. God knew that not even suffering and sin would be able to separate us from His love. Sin and suffering are foreign to God, and will forever be foreign to His will, His kingdom, and paradise.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Consider this metaphor: God built a fine house, and populated it with fitting inhabitants. He warned them not to make fire inside, because the house is built with wood. But He trusted them with freedom. Then someone who was jealous of their house because he burnt down his own, offered them a light and said God would just provide a new house if this one burnt down.

We are now living in a burning house, trying to save as many people for the new house that God did provide.

15If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames. (1 Corinthians 3)

Last edited:
Yes by aswanikumar. I didn’t say that. What I said was humans aren’t the only animals that kill their own kind. And then gave ants as an example.

Then why are you attacking me Mike? If we agree that animals kill their own kind, why are you confronting me and saying they don't? :confused:

Wait, I see the problem. I quoted YOU, thus you thought I was attacking your argument. You got confused when I meant to get at aswanikumar. Oh well, lets drop it.

Burn baby burn. . . .

#1) But man did not have to make the choice.
God knew that by creating this universe (in this manner) that man would make the choice he made and god would have the pleasure of punishing man. Not only in this life but perhaps, for a few, in the next as well. Of course if god is all powerful he could have avoided the situation entirely. As god already knew what choice man would make and also set the circumstances up in such a way so as to force man to make the choice – well then we can agree man did not have a choice in the matter. God had already made the choice for him prior to creating the universe.

God knew He would still love them, would be able to save them from such a world, and that some would make the decision not to cause suffering and stay on the right path, in a position and able to help those who were suffering.
So what your saying is if a child abuser loves his children then it’s OK to abuse them. Yeah, great. It sounds to me like your defending a pedophile and doing a poor job of it.

God knew it was a possibility, but it wasn't a certainty.
Jenyar, this is wrong. It should read God knew it was a certainty man would sin before he even created man. God doesn’t do possibles he only works in already knowns

1) He created the players (/the people)
2) He created the situation (/the definition of sin)
3) He created the outcome (/the future itself)
To punish man for god’s sin seems a little masochistic to me.

He trusted us, and still does.
What do you mean here? Don’t forget he already knows the outcome. I don’t think “trust” is a workable verb for god.

Some people still have no idea what causes suffering,
and some know suffering in ways that we can not even imagine. So what’s the point?

or deny that they are causing it by their selfishness.
This is true. (but honestly this sentence is of god’s actions if you think about it).

#2) ... and He has. Twice, going on thrice. He knows everybody who will ever be born.
Of course.

His rules are still clear,
Is that why there are 1000s of different religions with 1000s of different rules?

and he still trusts us to live and raise our children the right way.
1) God doesn’t “trust”. That is not a useable verb for god. Trust in this sense involves an element of unknown and that isn’t possible with god.
2) Why should it matter how we raise out children? Oh, I see. Here you demonstrate that even you understand the unfairness of this game god is playing. He doesn’t give everyone an equal break does he? That’s why you feel it’s important to “teach” your children what god expects from them. If everyone was treated equal it wouldn’t matter what you teach them, right? Just another funny quark of god.

The warning is still the same:
Why warn people you have already condemned to begin with? Why play the game out? So that god can say to the person – well you had your chance. You see how ridiculous this sounds. If god is going to make a brand new universe with wonderful people then why didn’t he do it the first time? So that he can have the pleasure of condemning some people to horrid fates (either here on Earth, in the afterlife, or both). If he already knows the outcome then why not just create a wonderful universe to begin with? Which leads us to the original statement: So that god can say to the person – well you had your chance. Sounds petty and masochistic to me. Yeah – OK that is how god works.

sin will cause death.
This is not true. A fetus can die. Is a fetus sinning Jenyar? A baby can die – is a baby sinning Jenyar?

Death is a direct result of biological functions not “sin”.

But we decide whether we want a part of paradise, and He accepts our decision either way.
He made the decision – so nice of him to accept his own decision.

We were expelled from the paradise you describe because we brought sin into it, and we won't enter it again if we still carry sin with us.
1) Where did we get this “sin” from. We made it ourselves?
2) As we agreed god already knew the outcome. Not only that he made it so that it was impossible to have any other outcome except the one that came about. Impossible for any other outcome. We already agreed to that. So we were expelled from paradise because that’s the way god likes it. Therefore “Sin” was just an excuse so god could say: See I gave you your chance.

#3) He doesn't desire suffering or evil,
Sure he does. As the creater of the universe god created suffering. The concept itself was a creation of god. He could have created a 14 dimension pure energy universe where suffering was never a possibility. So why create a universe where it is possibility – one would ONLY do that if one had a secret desire for that very suffering to take place. And if one already knew in advance it would take place – well then I would say that is one sick puppy.

that is why there are rules. These rules are the conditions for re-entering the gates of paradise.
Gee how nice of god. Create suffering and then create rules to get around suffering (at least after you die your horrible death). Wow what a great guy God is!

God knew that not even suffering and sin would be able to separate us from His love.
This analogy doesn’t make sense. God created the universe specifically to lead to suffering. Why would our suffering separate us from god? He created the “concept” of suffering when he created this universe.

Sin and suffering are foreign to God, and will forever be foreign to His will, His kingdom, and paradise.
This really is making no sense. What do you mean foreign to God?
1) Does god know what sin and suffering are?
2) Did god know before he created the universe that it would contain sin and suffering?
3) Did god know the pain, suffering, and sin each person would commit before he even made the universe?
4) When given the choice of making a universe where suffering and sin where not possible and making one where suffering and sin where not ONLY possibilities but inevitable outcomes. God choose the later.

Sounds to me that God knows all about suffering and sin. There’s as close to god as stink is to shit.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Only one son? Hmmm? I wonder why god didn’t give his one and only daughter. If you think of the suffering women have endured over the millennia a quick crucifixion would be a walk in the park. Secondly – he “gave his son”. Sounds good but means nothing. “gave” please spell out in absolute specific detail what you mean by gave. No metaphor no cliché. Just exactly and simply what you mean here. Second explain why. Why does god have to give anything? He can do what he wants. Also – define “son”. How is that different than a godly “daughter”? How is a godly son different from any people?

Consider this metaphor: God built a fine house, and populated it with fitting inhabitants. These were peoples. They were like children and didn’t know right from wrong (what ever that means). He warned them not to make fire inside, because the house is built with wood. He could have made the house of stone or made a field the house so that burning it down wasn’t a possibility. But no God knew that making a house like that wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of watching it burn. And he so wanted to see it burn. Because god could see the future he knew that only wood would give him this satisfaction that he secretly desired. So he made it from the driest wood he could fine and then set about leaving matches and gasoline all around the house But He trusted them with freedom. Freedom per say. Freedom to only do as god knew they would. As god knew what each and every one of them would do they didn’t really have freedom at all. But god didn’t care. He just wanted one of them to light a match so they would all burn and melt and scream in pain and agony. And then god could later say – I told you not to make a fire. So its all your fault not mine not mine not mine .. But it took a long time and god got really bored waiting for them to burn it down and writhe in pain so he created someone to help the child-like peoples out . Then that someone was made by god to feel jealous – another little concept god added to his universe so that he could get the fire going. He first made sure that this new creation would burn his own house down and then made him look at how wonderful these peoples supper dry-wood house was. The someone who was jealous of their house because he burnt down his own, offered them a light and said God would just provide a new house if this one burnt down. The child like peoples not knowing better took the matches and burnt their house down. God sat back laughing manically as he watched each and every one of them suffer in ways only one so evil as god could imagine. As they reached up for water he pushed them back into the house. Then he got a new thought. He would make the dead people suffer as well. This gave god so much more satisfaction because it would go on and on and he could watch it forever. He could also blame it on them – I mean it was they who burnt their house – he only built it of wood, put the matches in it with gas and then created someone to trick them into lighting a match.

One day while god was away torturing another innocent peoples he created in beta-7, the people stopped believing in him and in a “poof” he winked out of existence and the people that were left lived happily ever after

Wait, I see the problem. I quoted YOU, thus you thought I was attacking your argument. You got confused when I meant to get at aswanikumar. Oh well, lets drop it.
No you called me a (and I quote) "Jew bag". Ok lets drop it.

God causes suffering? don't think so...

I believe that when I sin, and when i make others suffer, that it isn't God's fault.

I also believe that when i do good things, and make other people suffer less, that isn't becouse of God either.

God may have created this earth, but I don't think my destiny exists, I do not believe that all my choises and expieriences in life are all laid out by some God. I believe I have my own choises, and can define my own path.

And I believe every man/ woman can. I do believe that some entity is responsible for the creation of this world, but i don't believe that he can predict the future so accuratly that he could see what would happen now, or in the future. Perhaps he had a general idea, but the world isn't So bad is it? things aren't black or white, there is grey as well.

But honestly, I don't believe in a God as a knowing, thinking person. I think of God as the chaotic energy that is within us, and around us.

i agree that there is much suffering in this world, but there is also much joy here, perhaps even more. There are millions of people, able to live a happy life, and there are also millions of people living in poor conditions. But I don't think God as you tink of him, has something to do with it.

No mather how all seeing he is, i refuse to believe that I have no choises in life, becouse if all is already planned for me, then i have no life.
Then i just do what he tells me to do, thus I do not exist, i have no intelligence. I am nothing more than an cpu enemy in a computer game, following a pre-defined story line. And I resent that thought, becouse if I was just a puppet in a theater play, then I wouldn't be able to state my opinion here.

I make my own choises, and if i hurt other people, then God hasn't got anything to do with it. Becouse the only way he could prevent me from ever hurting another person, is to take away my freedom of choise.

Micheal, your reasoning makes perfect sense, if god knew everything we would do. The choises we would make, the people we would hurt, the wars we would create. Then I agree with you, if god is as you say he is. But I don't believe God is that way. And I don't believe God could know all this.

But sadly enough, neither of us can prove how it is exactly, so we are both right, unless you know God personal and know what kind of person he is, if he is a person. :D

Re: Burn baby burn. . . .

My apologies for the long post, but I want to address your questions as best as I could...
God knew that by creating this universe (in this manner) that man would make the choice he made and god would have the pleasure of punishing man. Not only in this life but perhaps, for a few, in the next as well. Of course if god is all powerful he could have avoided the situation entirely. As god already knew what choice man would make and also set the circumstances up in such a way so as to force man to make the choice – well then we can agree man did not have a choice in the matter. God had already made the choice for him prior to creating the universe.
This is the classic puppetmaster fallacy. I'll emphasize it for your convenience: we have been given true free will - not some wool-over-our-eyes, God-actually-does-everything lie.

So what your saying is if a child abuser loves his children then it’s OK to abuse them. Yeah, great. It sounds to me like your defending a pedophile and doing a poor job of it.
Man abused, God saved.

Jenyar, this is wrong. It should read God knew it was a certainty man would sin before he even created man. God doesn’t do possibles he only works in already knowns

1) He created the players (/the people)
2) He created the situation (/the definition of sin)
3) He created the outcome (/the future itself)
To punish man for god’s sin seems a little masochistic to me.
Puppetmaster/clockmaker fallacy. God created, we climbed out from under His sustainance, becoming our own authority - and having to fight our own battles. God only approves of His original creation, what people have made out of it is against His will.

What do you mean here? Don’t forget he already knows the outcome. I don’t think “trust” is a workable verb for god.
Why not? We either live dependent or independent of God. He knows the outcome of our decisions, but He does not make them for us. He trusts our good judgement, our patience, tolerance, love - our free will. What He did do was warn us which choices would lead where. Suffering is a warning in itself, because of injustice, but not a punishment.

and some know suffering in ways that we can not even imagine. So what’s the point?

This is true. (but honestly this sentence is of god’s actions if you think about it).
The point is that you can hardly use suffering as a gauge of God's involvement, because suffering is a human condition. God identified with our suffering through Jesus - who sufferred most innocently, so that we might have hope of surviving it. God did not plan His creation to make himself suffer, but He partook in our suffering to redeem His original creation, as He intended it to be.

The third creation I was talking about is his new kingdom. But this one will be as you described it in #2 (and much more): no sin can enter it, and all choices will have been made eternal. The downside is that those who choose sin or guilty of sin can't enter it.

Just as the condition of peace is non-violence, the condition for paradise is sinlessness.

Is that why there are 1000s of different religions with 1000s of different rules?
There aren't that many different sets of rules, when you start looking into it. You basically have a few angles:

1) Personal natural gods: watching you from a distance, and you have find ways to please them and find favour with them. Here "laws" are basically ways of manipulating the gods to work for you - prevalent in "pagan" and animalistic religions.

2) Impersonal natural gods (like Medicine*Woman's): who are basically reduntant as "religions", because the gods is whatever you want it to be and has no external influence. Every person is a law unto himself, and the worst consequence of breaking any "law" is your own loss of spirituality. It is our centre - we are its personality.

3) Impersonal supernatural gods: The cosmic unknowable gods who are almost just as irrelevant because they are so far removed from "creation" (or so much part of it), that they have no discernable "interface". We are simply a facet or a figment of this kind of god, and their laws are indiscernable from nature itself. We are its centre, simply from a point of perspective.

4) Personal supernatural gods: gods who expect, who act, who can be understood from within a human paradigm, but are "foreign" to it. Their laws are independent but also reveal their own "personal" nature, and points of reference with people. They are known by divine revelation and "avatars", like messiahs, prophets, sages, etc. The Judaio/Christian/Muslim God falls into this category.

Many problems arise when you confuse the differences. For instance, an impersonal supernatural god cannot be known, for it has no "common ground" with it creation, and there is nothing to know other than what you can learn on your own - but a personal supernatural god can make himself known to his creation, and is able to identify with it at least on a personal level, if not a supernatural one. The definitions of attributes like omniscience, omnipresence, etc. are also affected: a personal natural god is usually territorial and unpredictable, like a "god-animal", while an impersonal natural god is like a "soul of nature" - nature is its presence, its senses and expressions.

1) God doesn’t “trust”. That is not a useable verb for god. Trust in this sense involves an element of unknown and that isn’t possible with god.
2) Why should it matter how we raise out children? Oh, I see. Here you demonstrate that even you understand the unfairness of this game god is playing. He doesn’t give everyone an equal break does he? That’s why you feel it’s important to “teach” your children what god expects from them. If everyone was treated equal it wouldn’t matter what you teach them, right? Just another funny quark of god.
1) (Impersonal) Puppetmaster fallacy.
2) The starting point is the same: everybody are equally "creations of God", with equal value. Everybody everywhere has purpose and a valid reason for existing. Not immediately evident in our relationship with them, but implicit in their relationship with their creator. Children grow up first among their parents and siblings, second among their peers, third in their society, etc. Values and experiences start at home. Bad parents raise children with bad rolemodels, bad experiences, and little trust or self-worth, so does their children, and so on. God's laws were for adults first, and then children are ordered to honour their parents.

God treats everybody with equal respect, but they can lose His respect by harming those He loves, or ignoring Him - because He knows their children will usually bear the consequences. He meant children to be humanity's future, which started with Cain and Abel. Whose child was Cain? His sinful parents'. And Abel? God's - he rose above the legacy of sin, and loved God. The difference wasn't their financial status, success, or even their circumstances: it was whether they followed God or not.

Why warn people you have already condemned to begin with? Why play the game out? So that god can say to the person – well you had your chance. You see how ridiculous this sounds. If god is going to make a brand new universe with wonderful people then why didn’t he do it the first time? So that he can have the pleasure of condemning some people to horrid fates (either here on Earth, in the afterlife, or both). If he already knows the outcome then why not just create a wonderful universe to begin with? Which leads us to the original statement: So that god can say to the person – well you had your chance. Sounds petty and masochistic to me. Yeah – OK that is how god works.
Whatever condemnation God gives is deserved. Not because we are born to deserve it, but because we prove we deserve it. Choice comes first, consequences after - cause, then effect. Paradise -> sin -> Paradise without sin/Death with sin

God establishes a complete universe along with its governing laws and parameters permitting free will, interest, beauty, experience, etc. -> people sin -> sin and paradise cannot co-exist -> people out of paradise -> our lives are affected by decay and death -> God provides a means to maintain contact, get back and regain life.

This is not true. A fetus can die. Is a fetus sinning Jenyar? A baby can die – is a baby sinning Jenyar?

Death is a direct result of biological functions not “sin”.
If you stare yourself blind against physical decay leading to physical death (governed by an indiscriminate nature) - then there is no justice, just death and taxes. But if you realize this world is a decaying paradise and that you are trapped in its decay, you can start thinking about moral decay and [/i]spiritual[/i] death, where their can be justice, mercy, love, and all those wonderful abstracts, governed by God. We are to nature as God is to us. But we and nature are both temporal creations, whereas God is eternal and supernatural. We can only delay, manage and subvert - but God can lift up and out and create. We were extremely fortunate that someone like Noah existed, and that God was persuaded to keep His original creation - us. We can make this world a better place for each other, or just sit like Job on a heap of rubbish and feel sorry for ourselves.

We live in a world we can change. We have that power. But death comes to us all, because we live in a world ruled by it. Sin plunged us into such a world, and only God can save us from sin. Our own best efforts only scratch the bottom of paradise.

He made the decision – so nice of him to accept his own decision.
So now you don't think you have free will anymore? Then howcome you have the option not to believe me, if what I said was true? It's up to you to decide whether you accept God's decision, or reject it (and his offered hand of help) and live with your limited freedom - complete enough for this world, but woefully insufficient for the next.

I acept whatever happened has happened, and that I am too simple or ignorant to understand God - but I realized how my life could hurt people who have no control over me, so I give myself over to God's control - and I've never been more free. The fact that I can help people even though I am in need of help myself, shows that God can help me. Death is advancing on me like a wall, but it won't stop me. It is a wall that belongs to a decaying nature, not a supernatural eternity.

If I could see God, I would be worried that He might die as well... wait, that has already happened...

1) Where did we get this “sin” from. We made it ourselves?
2) As we agreed god already knew the outcome. Not only that he made it so that it was impossible to have any other outcome except the one that came about.
Impossible for any other outcome. We already agreed to that. So we were expelled from paradise because that’s the way god likes it. Therefore “Sin” was just an excuse so god could say: See I gave you your chance.
1) We inherited it from the first rebel: Rebellion itself, the Lie that told us we could be God, and there is no God. Now we live in that self-created world where "there is no God" - a world of sin.
2) He "set us up for a fall"? If I could believe that I would be an atheist in the strongest sense of the word. Think about what you are saying for a second. What if I tell you God knew for certain that had Even not listened to the tempter but continued to listen to God, we would be living in paradise... did that happen? Yet even we know that would have been the outcome. Where is the weakness of the argument? In the uninfluenced and unadulterated, independent human choice.

A human without choice would not be human being at all, much less "created in God's image". With the gift of free will comes the crisis of decision, and the burden of choice.

Sure he does. As the creater of the universe god created suffering. The concept itself was a creation of god. He could have created a 14 dimension pure energy universe where suffering was never a possibility. So why create a universe where it is possibility – one would ONLY do that if one had a secret desire for that very suffering to take place. And if one already knew in advance it would take place – well then I would say that is one sick puppy.
Let me describe paradise again in other words: everything was created "good" - everything in its place and as it should be, and should have stayed. But by a convolution of free will, rebellion, selfishness, greed, temptation and relegation of responsibility, some things stepped outside their place and purpose. God knew in advance it would happen if those rules were ignored, which is probably why he warned Adam and Even not to "eat from that tree", don't you think? I think it's very likely precisely why. But things escaped, and people were tempted to step outside the circle of life.

A person who can suffer can also feel. A person who feel can touch, and a person who can touch can create. Our ability to experience our world depends on our senses. You can reverse engineer it and end up with no creation, but that is hardly what God had in mind when He ordered the chaos.

Gee how nice of god. Create suffering and then create rules to get around suffering (at least after you die your horrible death). Wow what a great guy God is!
By coming to earth to serve his creation, having Himself nailed to a cross and suffer the agony of death, to free us from it, and to prove to us for our sake that even death is subjected to God. I know of no greater guy...

This analogy doesn’t make sense. God created the universe specifically to lead to suffering. Why would our suffering separate us from god? He created the “concept” of suffering when he created this universe.
The concept of suffering existed only like darkness exists where there is no light. Suffering exists away from God, outside is will. He only included it for our sake, so that those who suffer might still have hope. If it was truly outside God's reach, nobody would have any hope. In God's creation, suffering had no power, but it gained power as we moved away from God. Did God create the antichrist? Indirectly, yes, because without Christ there would be no antichrist - but without Christ the antichrist would have just have ruled us without a name...

This really is making no sense. What do you mean foreign to God?
1) Does god know what sin and suffering are?
2) Did god know before he created the universe that it would contain sin and suffering?
3) Did god know the pain, suffering, and sin each person would commit before he even made the universe?
4) When given the choice of making a universe where suffering and sin where not possible and making one where suffering and sin where not ONLY possibilities but inevitable outcomes. God choose the later.
1) Sin is rebellion against God, so He knows well what it is, but is logically not affected by it. With suffering, however, He is personally acquainted
2) There was no sin when it was just God, so there was nothing to know about it. It is not a force, it's just a word describing a concept. Same with suffering. As I said, it had no power, no manifestation, no force.
3) Hard for me to say - it's not really a part of God we can have knowledge about. I'd say each person was born out of and into known circumstances. If if the eventual destination is known, it is not decided by anyone other than the person him/herself.
4) God was not "given" the choice in such simple terms: it was a choice to create the universe or just leave it. A world of suffering and sin was possible in all circumstances in which we could exist not as mindless unfeeling robotic beings, but as humans with free will, made in God's image. Questioning the "options" serves no real purpose, because in a reality the only options are the ones we can make. God is not a man - even if we knew the options we could not even begin to ponder the alternatives.

Sounds to me that God knows all about suffering and sin. There’s as close to god as stink is to shit.
...Because God is still with us. It didn't abandon those who still believe in Him to such a world, no matter how disagreeable it is to Him. Jesus prayed: "My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one."

This world is not just one "of suffering and sin" - it has given me two wonderful parents who love me, a brother and two sisters, buddies I've known for 13 years, a gorgeous ex-girlfriend, and even more gorgeous (as yet unmet) future wife ;) two dogs, people I can care for and people who care for me. Sunsets, poetry, music, beaches and sundowners on summer holidays... thanks to God. I will fight jealously for anyone who is being hurt by someone's selfishness or agression, because I have experienced such injustice and hurt myself - I know it can be avoided; and so can most suffering and sin.

Only one son? Hmmm? I wonder why god didn’t give his one and only daughter. If you think of the suffering women have endured over the millennia a quick crucifixion would be a walk in the park. ... Also – define “son”. How is that different than a godly “daughter”? How is a godly son different from any people?.
"Son" is just a word we have been created with (nice double meaning). As a term it signifies a broad set of meanings and relationships that God wanted us not only be familiar with, but to apply to Him as well. Why not daughter? It might just as well have been, but for natural reasons (possibly because of characteristics inherently "masculine" and "feminine") cultures developed associating power, rule and authority as masculine properties and love, care and emotion with feminine. God frequently described His people as His bride - another indication of relationship. Just like the seven-day week, "marriage" did not come out of nowhere.

First Jewish and then Christian understanding of God has always been based on rhethoric that has been built up. As in all dialogue, underanding is a result, not a precondition. For Adam, just knowing God was enough, but eventually as selfish people like Cain were born, and paradise first became legend and then myth, people probably wanted to know more and less about God - just as now. Knowledge of God became a science called "religion", but from Abraham onwards, a dictionary of words, laws and usage was being built up that could only make sense within a context of suffering, persecution, enslavement. and salvation. Judaism and Christianity are called redemptive and salvific religions - teaching a path of redemption and salvation - words that have almost no meaning outside them.

Secondly – he “gave his son”. Sounds good but means nothing. “gave” please spell out in absolute specific detail what you mean by gave. No metaphor no cliché. Just exactly and simply what you mean here. Second explain why. Why does god have to give anything? He can do what he wants.
As I said, the Old Testament formed a setting in which God's actions were understood, and ould be understood. The laws were no more than very specific roads along which God wanted to walk - but not just because: they became "roadmaps for peace" (to use current language).

Not just any peace: peace with God. Evidently, it was a bumpy road: going through two major exiles and periods of slavery (Egypt and Babylon), two temple-rebuildings (Jerusalem), ending with a third period of slavery: to the world itself, and a third temple: Christ (King of the "New Jerusalem"). There has since been no no temple or king among the Jews, and Jesus is the only major religious figure not to have a grave or shrine (just like Moses, btw).

The whole of Christianity is based around how and why Jesus is the Son of God and the Son of Man. The quickest answer to why, is because God loves us(See the quotes below *). I really can't do it any better than how Paul tried to explain it to the early churches in his epistles. God "gave" Christ as one would "give" His life, i.e. die. Jesus work on earth was as an 'anointed', i.e. authorized by God, to forgive sin. How exactly this works is described in Colossans and Galatians:

Galatians 4
3... we were in slavery under the basic principles of the world. 4But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.

...and inherit life from Him, because we had forfeited our own.

You've probably heard that salvation stands on two legs: faith and works. You can try to balance on either, but you can only walk if you have both. Apart, neither are very useful and they become tired very quickly ;) Sin had effectively immobilized God's work, but He incorporated redemption into His creation from the beginning. Like a lock for which only He had the key. The OT described the lock, the NT describes they key.

To the Jews were promised a "kinsman-redeemer" that would restore God's creation to its former glory here on earth. He was to be the anointed king of the Jews, the "suffering servant". "[T]he Messiah, who would crush the head of the serpent and redeem mankind from the consequence of Adam’s fall, was to be born from the line of Judah. He is the one through whom all nations receive the blessing promised to Abraham" After the Jews were freed from Babylon, they returned to Jerusalem to rebuild the second temple, and amidst the constant friction with the Romans there was a heavy messianic expectancy. The temple was restored and Jerusalem belonged to them after the Hasmonean revolt, the scene was set for the new kingdom, but in 70AD the Romans destroyed the temple and scattered the Jews. Many blamed the Christians.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Titus 3
1Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men. 3At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.

4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

1 John 4
8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Last edited:
Back