Any helpful life hacks?

Many of my meals consist of frozen hash browns and meat pies done in the microwave

Microwave according to the box for the pies often left the middle cool

Adding more minutes dried out the pastry

Put a microwave safe cup with about 500ml of water in with the pie and hash browns (all together)

Juggle times around a bit to suit but the cup of water keeps the pastry soft

:)

Are the meat pies frozen or do you make them? Oops, I misread, and see that they're frozen. What are frozen meat pies? Is it like a chicken pot pie, but with minced hamburger meat, etc? :?

Are the meat pies frozen or do you make them? Oops, I misread, and see that they're frozen. What are frozen meat pies? Is it like a chicken pot pie, but with minced hamburger meat, etc? :?

The ones I buy are filled with chunky beef and a dark gravy

Generally 4 or 6 to a pack depending on which brand on sale

Also buy party pack of 24 with smaller chunks of meat and the round pies small enough for one to make a tight fit in mouth

For some strange reason the mini sausage rolls 24 party pack about same size are more expensive

Life hacks?

Don't be afraid to try experimentation (unless you know your doctor would disapprove.)

Instant Pot Max pressure cooker (just latest).

They say you should soak lentils overnight????

F that crap! Give me 10 min prep time and 45 min cook time, the stew is good enough for me.

Don't be afraid to try experimentation

Had rice (one container) tuna another (container) last night

Instruction - microwave rice 45 seconds, mix in tuna, enjoy

Done - mix and stir both together, add Balsamic vinegar, all in ceramic bowl, put small ceramic plate on top, microwave 8 minutes, tip out onto a shallow bowl plate, add pepper and BBQ sauce

Not dead yet

Had rice (one container) tuna another (container) last night

Instruction - microwave rice 45 seconds, mix in tuna, enjoy

Done - mix and stir both together, add Balsamic vinegar, all in ceramic bowl, put small ceramic plate on top, microwave 8 minutes, tip out onto a shallow bowl plate, add pepper and BBQ sauce

Not dead yet

Well, let's fight!

The microwave (which I of course love) can't do to lentils what a pressure can on a short time for the best nutrintional factor. And the pressure cooker makes much much more delicious feasts than whatever prepared BS you buy from the supermarket that have microwave instructions.[/I]

:EDIT:

The microwave is the quickest way for melted cheese... I LOVE that.

The ones I buy are filled with chunky beef and a dark gravy

Generally 4 or 6 to a pack depending on which brand on sale

Also buy party pack of 24 with smaller chunks of meat and the round pies small enough for one to make a tight fit in mouth

For some strange reason the mini sausage rolls 24 party pack about same size are more expensive

broccoli-cheddar-potato-pot-96785.png

ETA: Use an oven or toaster oven. Microwaving will be ... disappointing.

The microwave is the quickest way for melted cheese... I LOVE that.
I practically live on melted cheese. "Bread pizza": buttered bread, tomato sauce or ketchup, cheese, salami, more cheese, onion flakes, garlic powder, oregano, basil, pepper.

broccoli-cheddar-potato-pot-96785.png

ETA: Use an oven or toaster oven. Microwaving will be ... disappointing.
Looks great

My oven fell out of its place from white ants eating it (the place)

They have meat bacon and egg pie here

Good but I don't eat egg

Not had lamb meat and vegetables for a long time, they were yum yum

I practically live on melted cheese. "Bread pizza": buttered bread, tomato sauce or ketchup, cheese, salami, more cheese, onion flakes, garlic powder, oregano, basil, pepper.
Sometimes make bread roll lunch

Bread roll cut in half - pour on little Balsamic vinegar

Buttered - add grated cheese - microwave 30 secs

Add potato chips (chrisp)

Sliced pickled onion or gerkin

Sliced seasoned pork

BBQ sauce although mint sauce goes down well

Lunch is up

Looks great

My oven fell out of its place from white ants eating it (the place)

They have meat bacon and egg pie here

Good but I don't eat egg

Not had lamb meat and vegetables for a long time, they were yum yum

I use a toaster oven for the pies. Less power than running a conventional oven for one small pie, and it heats more evenly and isn't "boiled" by microwaves.

And now I have a drawer full of waterbottles, travel cups and similar. At least the 22 thumbdrives from today don't take up much space...
I take a lot of what I collect to Bali and give to casual friends I have over there

Lots of the stuff is suitable for the children

By the way, the life hack that I posted a few pages back for taking off nail polish, didn't work out too well. :frown:

Read the label! Finger Nail Polish Remover is just paint thinner. Clotrimazole is used in "jock itch" products and "feminine itch" products and for athlete's foot cures. But the pinkish box is usually more expensive than the athlete's foot cure.

Lots of the stuff is suitable for the children
Off topic, but:

I was at Staples during the back-to-school sale. There was a kid about 8 or 10 who told his mom he only needed two more things. One was a thumb drive. I don't remember what the other thing was but it also didn't exist when I was his age.

How to test if a battery is dead or not (small batteries)

Bounce them on a table about since inches from you. If they bounce once, and ''fall over'', they're not dead. If they bounce several times, they're dead. What? o_O

Back