Any atheists here who were once believers?

What evil ways?
Saying this is evil "Here you're attempting to guilt wegs into believing in your god, which probably ranks behind only "by force" as the shittiest way to change someone's mind. Is that how you want to be known? As a manipulator?"
Who gives you the authority to talk to me like that?

Thanks wegs for this is me too "I just don't believe in what I used to. I don't believe in manufacturing a god in my head, anymore. That's how I view it for me." But I do still follow Jesus.

Do you still consider him to be..."the Messiah?" See, I don't anymore. When I started looking at the bible closely, I saw many non truths ...starting with Genesis. If there are lies there, what else is a lie? The concept of a triune god? A man made invention, to me now. This isn't my fault. This is religions' fault. And I can't go on pretending I don't know these lies now. :(

If you believe, then believe. It's just my opinion as to how I view it all now. It's hard to leave a belief you once treasured.

Saying this is evil "Here you're attempting to guilt wegs into believing in your god, which probably ranks behind only "by force" as the shittiest way to change someone's mind. Is that how you want to be known? As a manipulator?"
Who gives you the authority to talk to me like that?

And you know, Balerion could say the same to you. He's not doing anything evil.

If he was Christian ...would you think of him differently?
:eek:

And you know, Balerion could say the same to you. He's not doing anything evil.

If he was Christian ...would you think of him differently?
:eek:
If he was a Christian? Was the "Balerion" the one always picking on Bebelina? And now picking on me. What sort of Christian would he be? One of those Inquisitors?

Thanks wegs for this is me too "I just don't believe in what I used to. I don't believe in manufacturing a god in my head, anymore. That's how I view it for me." But I do still follow Jesus.

You're all over the place when it comes to discussions about God. You don't seem to have a basis as to who and what God is.
The same with wegs. At least she is being herself. :)

jan.

You're all over the place when it comes to discussions about God. You don't seem to have a basis as to who and what God is.
The same with wegs. At least she is being herself. :)

jan.
How can you picture God in your head? I'm myself too you know. It is you who is always the elusive one.

How can you picture God in your head? I'm myself too you know. It is you who is always the elusive one.

Just start by accepting what you read as what is being said. Do not try to interpret it, unless it is incomprehensible.
I only seem elusive to you because I use the scriptures to make my points about God, not institutes. If you accepted what was in the Bible as what is being said, I'm sure you would not say so.

Accepting darwinian ideas is not helping you. I would say it is preventing you, because it means you have to reinvent everything in the Bible to suit it.

jan.

If he was a Christian? Was the "Balerion" the one always picking on Bebelina? And now picking on me. What sort of Christian would he be? One of those Inquisitors?

Idk the Bebelina story. But what I mean is...if he had the "label" of Christian, you might be more welcoming.
We are all equal ...and religion or a belief in God or lack thereof, doesn't change that fact.
We are all deserving of respect even if our views clash. :)

Idk the Bebelina story. But what I mean is...if he had the "label" of Christian, you might be more welcoming.
We are all equal ...and religion or a belief in God or lack thereof, doesn't change that fact.
We are all deserving of respect even if our views clash. :)
@ Balerion - have you settled your differences with Bebelina? Trooper and I questioned her and could find no fault in her story. So you seem to have this tendency to see evil in people who might just be a bit different than you. You are welcome to question me at anytime and I will answer you truthfully. But will you stand the same scrutiny?

When you make accusatory remarks even when hidden behind a question mark that according to my beliefs is a devilish thing to do. It is not a Christian thing to do. So are you a Christian?

When you read http://www.sciforums.com/showthread...d-discussion&p=3112517&viewfull=1#post3112517 and the next 2 posts can anyone give me a rational explanation from an atheist's point of view, please? Is that just put that down to random chance?

I think because there weren't that many people on match.com from NZ, the odds were greater. If you feel it was fate, then go with it.
Don't think so much. haha ;)

It's not uncommon to look for signs as a believer, though. You know, if you feel that you have a connection to God, then just be ok with it.
:) If you share that story with 100 people, you might get 100 different insights to it. You have to live your life for you.

Religion in and of itself is not a problem so long as it doesn't push itself on others. Christianity in particular can be pushy, sometimes. Largely because of the passage where Jesus told his followers to "go make disciples of all nations."

But...he also said..."if a village doesn't welcome you, shake the dust from your feet and leave it."

I'm paraphrasing.

Just start by accepting what you read as what is being said. Do not try to interpret it, unless it is incomprehensible.
I only seem elusive to you because I use the scriptures to make my points about God, not institutes. If you accepted what was in the Bible as what is being said, I'm sure you would not say so.

Accepting darwinian ideas is not helping you. I would say it is preventing you, because it means you have to reinvent everything in the Bible to suit it.

jan.
You are very old fashioned in your views. We will never agree. I prefer wegs' idea to attempt to rewrite Genesis and the NT. It is obviously out of date.

A soul is the non-physical embodiment of the personality of a person, or something with consciousness. The soul lives forever.

The universe has a soul. The laws of physics and physics constants are the non-physical embodiment of the personality of the universe (how it behaves). Consciousness is information transmission (which the space-time continuum does), and is the ability to experience. The universe (laws of physics and physics constants) will exist forever.

But the universe came from nothingness via the bb singularity. Was it specifically created by God? Or did it come from some mysterious unseen source? ...a source that creates things of like kind? Things that exist forever, things with non-physical qualities that manifest in the physical.

Like dude, please stop using science in your posts, it is very dishonest. Physics has nothing to do with your irrational beliefs. It's really sad and pathetic.

You are very old fashioned in your views. We will never agree. I prefer wegs' idea to attempt to rewrite Genesis and the NT. It is obviously out of date.

Lol I decided to put it on my shelf and forget that idea.
Remember, if you cherry pick what you believe, it doesn't resemble Christianity anymore.
I won't ever away you, because it is a hard thing to go through...when you question a long term belief system.
But, if you can find peace in the end, it's worth it. (to me)

I think because there weren't that many people on match.com from NZ, the odds were greater. If you feel it was fate, then go with it.
Don't think so much. haha ;)

It's not uncommon to look for signs as a believer, though. You know, if you feel that you have a connection to God, then just be ok with it.
:) If you share that story with 100 people, you might get 100 different insights to it. You have to live your life for you.

Religion in and of itself is not a problem so long as it doesn't push itself on others. Christianity in particular can be pushy, sometimes. Largely because of the passage where Jesus told his followers to "go make disciples of all nations."

But...he also said..."if a village doesn't welcome you, shake the dust from your feet and leave it."

I'm paraphrasing.
When I hear what the terrorists did in Kenya yesterday I don't just want to shake the dust off my saddles but I'd like to blow the whole village up. Create a dust bowl where their villages stood.

Science cannot create it's own universe out of nothing.

This is one of the most immature and ridiculous answers believers have spouted. Not only is it a logical fallacy, it completely ignores anything science has to say about the universe. It is entirely faith driven garbage.

But science has so far brain-washed a lot of people into believing that observations and math are on par with creating universes. Would anybody like to argue that they are?

No one needs to argue about that because it is an utterly silly assertion demonstrating outrageous dishonesty, hypocrisy and magnitudes of ignorance not normally seen in real life.

For reasons known only to some cosmic intelligence, there are genes that put a flag on each of us, a flag of what we love and a flag for what we will fight for.

And, you will continue fighting everyone with your faith based drivel. That is what your religion teaches you to do, fight everyone who doesn't share your irrational beliefs.

You can continue in your evil ways all I care.

So, your free to to insist others believe as you do and anyone who calls you on your manipulation is evil.

No wonder your religion causes so much conflict and grief in the world.

Or, it means the Bible is wrong and should be rejected as anything other than myth and superstition. Evolution is a fact.

And, you will continue fighting everyone with your faith based drivel. That is what your religion teaches you to do, fight everyone who doesn't share your irrational beliefs.
Even your belief in atheism is faith. Atheism is rooted in science, part of science is cosmology. Cosmologists don't know where the big bang came from, as there was nothing before it. Science has faith that they will figure it out some day. Therefore, your belief in atheism is indeed, faith. You have faith that science will supply the answer to questions I have raised.

even your belief in atheism is faith. Atheism is rooted in science, part of science is cosmology. Cosmologists don't know where the big bang came from, as there was nothing before it. Science has faith that they will figure it out some day. Therefore, your belief in atheism is indeed, faith. You have faith that science will supply the answer to questions i have raised.

nothing that we can understand or that is covered by our present limited models!!!!!!

Back