Any atheists here who were once believers?

God's power I'd suppose. Let's just wait and see. Some are saying the rapture is very soon. Wait and see. I have no views on it myself other than John the Baptist was meant to return first. So where is he?

and even if this is john shows up ....?

is this all religious people have become ? just a part of Humanity waiting to be subjugated into , where is he ? really .....I mean really .....

and even if this is john shows up ....?

is this all religious people have become ? just a part of Humanity waiting to be subjugated into , where is he ? really .....I mean really .....
Ask wynn she was the theologian. I'm just a wild man following my instinct.

All this arguing about who is right, who is wrong. Who cares? I'm glad I created this thread because it helped me get a sense of others' views, and at times, I too felt argumentative. But, now? I've made my choice and if others live out their own choices, whether that's following a god or not, so be it.

I just don't understand all the arguing. :eek:

My belief is this >> If God exists, and there is a heaven...he will ask us if/when we come before him..."Who did you love? Who did you help? How did you love?" He won't ask us to recite the bible or passages from another holy book. He won't be impressed with how many "arguments" you "won" in his defense.

No...He will ask us those kinds of questions.

My advice? Live your life in loving service and compassion to others. That is what life should be about, atheist or theist. If you think life is about one upping people and boasting about how religious you are, it's not. Likewise, it won't be about telling the religious that they're wrong, now that I don't follow religion. No, this life might be all we get or we might get an after life. Either way, live it in love. This isn't to say we don't stand up for our beliefs, but make sure you don't trample over others while you're making your points. Whether God exists or not, being kind should be the norm, not the exception.

(You all fight like there's no tomorrow! :eek:)
Just my ramblings for the night. ;)

All this arguing about who is right, who is wrong. Who cares? I'm glad I created this thread because it helped me get a sense of others' views, and at times, I too felt argumentative. But, now? I've made my choice and if others live out their own choices, whether that's following a god or not, so be it.

I just don't understand all the arguing. :eek:

My belief is this >> If God exists, and there is a heaven...he will ask us if/when we come before him..."Who did you love? Who did you help? How did you love?" He won't ask us to recite the bible or passages from another holy book. He won't be impressed with how many "arguments" you "won" in his defense.

No...He will ask us those kinds of questions.

My advice? Live your life in loving service and compassion to others. That is what life should be about, atheist or theist.

Just my ramblings for the night. ;)
No one was arguing we were just tossing ideas around. And I agree and I hope you are right. For that is my philosophy too. And I better get out there and help Vance. Where has he taken the truck!

Hear that, everyone? None of us are smart enough to understand Jan's high-minded arguments.

There is a wise, old saying..."To those who have faith, no explanation is necessary. To those who don't have faith, no explanation is possible."

You will never understand Jan's faith and he will never understand your/my/others' lack of it.

Back