Anti-Gay Church to Protest Ledger Funeral

They aren't Christian in the sense of Catholics. They may follow some basic Christian law, but the Pope is the Head of the Catholic Church, and while Christ never said for there to be a Catholic Church, Catholicism is the Chrsitianity which Christ preached.

Also, I may not be Christian but I am Alawi and we do believe in Jesus Christ as a Prophet.

The critics are not really against the Westboro Baptist Church...they are against the Bible itself.

Does the Bible condemn homosexuality as an abomination?

Jesus says that being rich is pretty much a bar to getting in heaven. Will you be protesting at the funerals of rich people that take place on hallowed ground?

Since the parts of the bible dealing with homosexuality are all in the OT, do you eat KOsher?

Do you think widows must marry the brother of their dead husband?

Has it ever occurred to you that these rules might have been helpful to oppressed tribes in the desert living in areas with hostile enemies? In other words where not having babies could be seen as problematic? That maybe we can move on and treat each other with love?

Jesus says that being rich is pretty much a bar to getting in heaven. Will you be protesting at the funerals of rich people that take place on hallowed ground?

Since the parts of the bible dealing with homosexuality are all in the OT, do you eat KOsher?

Do you think widows must marry the brother of their dead husband?
I'm neither Jewish or Christian...but the Westboro folks might be interested in some of these points you mentioned.

Ive listened to several interviews with their spokesperson and she backs up every doctrine with scripture.

They are at least honest in their insanity.

Unlike the secular humanist Christians, who imagine Jesus as a pacifist hippy with soft pink lips...who loves everybody. :p

An image derived from sunday school picture books...not the gospels.

I'm neither Jewish or Christian...but the Westboro folks might be interested in some of these points you mentioned.

Ive listened to several interviews with their spokesperson and she backs up every doctrine with scripture.

They are at least honest in their insanity.

Unlike the secular humanist Christians, who imagine Jesus as a pacifist hippy with soft pink lips...who loves everybody. :p

An image derived from sunday school picture books...not the gospels.

But my point was precisely that their are not honest in their insanity. They pick and choose from the Bible in just the same ludicrous fashion you are concerned about above.

Also if they are 'imagining Jesus', he said nothing about homosexuality...or slavery for that matter.

The OT can be used to justify slavery, in fact it was.

But my point was precisely that their are not honest in their insanity. They pick and choose from the Bible in just the same ludicrous fashion you are concerned about above.

Also if they are 'imagining Jesus', he said nothing about homosexuality...or slavery for that matter.
Its not just Jesus at issue here, because Christianity is not defined entirely by Jesus.

If it was...there would be no Christianity, because Christianity was invented by Paul.

As for picking and choosing, this is why it was neccessary for the early church to apply military force towards a unification of the religion.

With such a wide variety of scripture to pick and choose from, there will naturally be an explosive proliferation of differing sects, who all have their favorite verses to rally round.

Its not just Jesus at issue here, because Christianity is not defined entirely by Jesus.

If it was...there would be no Christianity, because Christianity was invented by Paul.

As for picking and choosing, this is why it was neccessary for the early church to apply military force towards a unification of the religion.

With such a wide variety of scripture to pick and choose from, there will naturally be an explosive proliferation of differing sects, who all have their favorite verses to rally round.

Jesus is the focus because he renewed the scriptures. A idea that Christians use and avoid using to suit their purposes, but it is often mentioned. Otherwise Christians would just be a subset of Jews, an idea they wouldn't like.

Otherwise I agree with what you've said here. Favorite verses, favorite interpretations. Verses that are ignored. Etc.

No, Westboro is not on the official hate group list. They're just weird and stupid. Not an actual danger to anyone.

Back