Another Religious Paraphenalia Trial

Adstar,

Can you leave me a few dollars in your will ? Meantime you might be interested i reading what Freud had to say about the death wish. I am not endorsing Freud, merely suggest ing that you might find him interesting.

Does anyone still consider Freud as valid?

Does anyone still consider Freud as valid?

Are you kidding ? There are lots of people who are happy to pay someone to listen to them. Freud is not part of mainstream psychology. I was present on an occasion when a clinical psychologist was asked what he felt about Freud. He replied, " I think that's best left to those who understand him."

There's an old joke about a guy who related a dream to his analyst. The analyst points out that the symbols in his dream shows a repressed desire to have sex with his mother-in-law.

The guy on the couch says, " so when I dreamt I was having sex with her a few weeks ago, what did that really mean ? "

I never said i wished to die for my faith. But that it was an hounor. What i said is that i simply wish to die. I simply said i wished to die and that i would prefer to die suddenly or in my sleep.
M*W: Any way you state it, you still have a morbid death wish. You have to be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it!

Well that’s the difference between a believer in God and an athiest. We do not see dead as final/the end. If i had young children then my attitude would be different. I would like to stay alive to support them until such time as they can support themselves. Once thing is true however each and every person who loves another people will mourn their departure. So if the departure is tomorrow or if it is in 60 years times makes no difference. People will come to know the sadness of loss.
M*W: It sounds as if you don't think you have anything to live for. I fail to see how a morbid desire for your own death is a christian virtue.

Why? If you know there is something far better on the other side of death and this world is not a nice place for you, then wishing for death is logical.
M*W: I don't wish for death. In my lifetime, I've seen death all around me, but I've managed to escape it many times. And I still know there is nothing beyond death. Why would there need to be? This life is all you have. By wishing and waiting for death to come, you fail to live this life. I have a very strong feeling that you have let life pass you by in many ways. By dwelling on death, you are not living life.

That’s just a rant MW, Bit of irrational emotional sprinkling to make you feel better, but in the end your view is distorted because you do not believe in God and eternal life.
M*W: My opinion may be rare, but it's not distorted. Wishing for death to come is distorted. It doesn't make me feel better to know there are people out there who are waiting and hoping to die. That's the mentality of the partakers of Jim Jones kool-aid. Do you think these people have entered paradise? What about David Koresh and the hostages in his compound? They died as martyrs, most of them, I'd say, but do you think they are in paradise? No. They're dead. They lived their lives believing in an after-life, just like you, but their ashes have returned to the earth, and that's as far as they go.

As i said, their martyrdom includes carrying out massacres on a grand scale. My martyrdom includes no killing of others but simply allowing oneself to be killed.
M*W: Adstar, that's really not a sane psychological statement. Why would you "simply allow yourself to be killed?" Do you bring endangerment upon yourself? I seriously think you have gone beyond the death wish and are in some kind of death action mode. That is not going to gain you paradise. When you realize this, maybe you will start to live in this lifetime.

hummm :eek: Being normal is an evil world is an abhorrent concept. Being just like the rest and allowing oneself to be used by evil authorities is abhorrent to me. Your a former Vietnam nurse, you where used to support napalming of innocents, you think that is good and patriotic. Who is the distorted one here?
M*W: I agree with you that innocents were napalmed, but I didn't napalm anyone. It wasn't my war. I have a great respect for the Vietnamese who lived through it and came to my country. I feel as if I had a little something to do with them being here. I fail to see how that is distorted. At least I did something for my fellow human beings while I was dodging napalm myself.

I guess the difference between you and me is that I've lived life to the fullest while you've been waiting for death.

M*W's Friendly Atheist Quote (FAQ) of the Day:

"I believe life should be lived so vividly and so intensely that thought of another life, or of a longer life, are not necessary." ~ Marjory Stoneman Douglas

M*W's Anti-Bitterness Comments (ABCs) of the Day:

"However much I am at the mercy of the world, I never let myself get lost by brooding over its misery. I hold firmly to the thought that each one of us can do a little to bring some portion of that misery to an end." ~ Albert Schweitzer, 1875-1965, French Philosopher and Physician

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, there is an order of Catholic monks known as Cistercians who practise austerity and spend their lives preparing for death. They sleep on bare boards and one of their sayings is that " it's a hard bed to lie on but a good bed to die on " I'm sure they'll find room for Adstar if he wishes to join them.

One can't help but wonder about the mentality of people who are drawn to such an order.

I suppose i should not be surprised when people do not read what i say. I have been righting here for a few years now and people continue to show that they are more interested in projecting their view upon what is written rather than actually reading and thinking about what has been put down.

M*W: Any way you state it, you still have a morbid death wish. You have to be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it!

I really don't get why you have stated this? To me it's like saying "be careful about wishing to go into eternity and being surrounded by pure love and happiness forever because it might just happen" LOL YES YES YES PLEASE :D

Your projecting your own fear of death here MW.

M*W: It sounds as if you don't think you have anything to live for. I fail to see how a morbid desire for your own death is a christian virtue.

It is virtuous to be prepared to be killed for ones faith in God.
It is not virtuous to seek to be killed because of ones faith in God.

I have said before (and you have like normal over looked it) that i wanted to die because i wanted to be with God in eternity to be free of this world as it is now. I never claimed this desire was virtuous and i am not now, actually my desire shows my weakness in my desire to be free from the crap that is life on earth now.. My desire for death is a product of to forces. The repulsion i feel for the world i see before me now and the attraction of the eternal existence i see in the next.

M*W: I don't wish for death. In my lifetime, I've seen death all around me, but I've managed to escape it many times.

You will not escape death. You did not escape death. When death comes for you it will come and you will be able to do nothing about it.

M*W: My opinion may be rare, but it's not distorted. Wishing for death to come is distorted. It doesn't make me feel better to know there are people out there who are waiting and hoping to die.

Your going to have to deal with the reality that there are people like me in the world then. Because although i want to go away from you, God wills that i remain here with you.

Do you think these people have entered paradise? What about David Koresh and the hostages in his compound? They died as martyrs, most of them, I'd say, but do you think they are in paradise? No. They're dead. They lived their lives believing in an after-life, just like you, but their ashes have returned to the earth, and that's as far as they go.

I do not think that David or his gun wielding followers have entered into eternity. They took to the sword in rebellion against the Will of God revealed through Jesus not to kill. But as for their little ones who the US authorities gassed and burned to death on that terrible day, they will be surrounded by the love of God in eternity forever. I would not want to be a member of the US assault team who carried out that evil massacre that day. God Hates those who shed innocent blood.

M*W: Adstar, that's really not a sane psychological statement. Why would you "simply allow yourself to be killed?"

Because I believe Jesus. And if i did not allow myself to be killed then i would be a loathsome fake wouldn't i.

Do you bring endangerment upon yourself?

It’s a fine line between bringing endangerment upon myself and seeking to avoid endangerment by failing to give the gospel message.

To make things simple I do not go out looking to become a martyr but i do not avoid it either. If it happens it will happen. I know that even preaching the Word of God on this internet forum has marked me out for death. I know full well that the authorities record each and every keystroke made over the internet. When the time comes there will be more than enough evidence and intel to have me rounded up and executed.

I seriously think you have gone beyond the death wish and are in some kind of death action mode. That is not going to gain you paradise. When you realize this, maybe you will start to live in this lifetime.

I never for once believed that the act of martyrdom gains me access to paradise. That’s you projecting again, looks like your projecting an islamic belief on to me this time. No, i am Saved by the atonement of the Messiah Jesus not by anything that happens to me.

And if you are right that i am in some kind of "death action mode" then i have been in it for the past 20 years because my views on this matter are the same today as they where back then. And it is good to have your bags packed and be ready to go when He calls. :)

M*W: I agree with you that innocents were napalmed, but I didn't napalm anyone. It wasn't my war. I have a great respect for the Vietnamese who lived through it and came to my country. I feel as if I had a little something to do with them being here. I fail to see how that is distorted. At least I did something for my fellow human beings while I was dodging napalm myself.

Talk about denial??? This statement is a construct from a former army nurse who wants to distance herself from the bloodshed she supported.

Those who support killing have their share in the blood that is shed. You have taken part in killing 10 million Vietnamese and contributed to the contamination of their environment leading to the malformation of babes in their agent orange contaminated environments. You where a willing agent in the satanic game played there and your self justifications might act to help your own denial but they will not cut it with the Lord.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

If I remember correctly, there is an order of Catholic monks known as Cistercians who practise austerity and spend their lives preparing for death. They sleep on bare boards and one of their sayings is that " it's a hard bed to lie on but a good bed to die on " I'm sure they'll find room for Adstar if he wishes to join them.

No doubt they would find room for me, But i would never join a catholic institution.

I guess the mindset of those who join such orders are people who are misguidedly looking to achieve what they think is righteousness in the flesh. A lot of people are walking down that vain road.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Back