Ancient Giants of America

A rather pertinent question here might be: if fossils have been unearthed, where are they? What museum or archeological institute has possession of the actual evidence?

Don't show me a picture, show me the fossil or tell me who has it. That's a lot better evidence than some image that's been photoshopped.

A rather pertinent question here might be: if fossils have been unearthed, where are they? What museum or archeological institute has possession of the actual evidence?

Don't show me a picture, show me the fossil or tell me who has it. That's a lot better evidence than some image that's been photoshopped.

Well watching the youtube video would be a start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-4sI34aIZ0

After you watch the video then we will have something to base a discussion on

river said:
Well watching the youtube video would be a start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-4sI34aIZ0

After you watch the video then we will have something to base a discussion on
Yeah. It's a bit of a shame though, that we can't base any discussion on fossils on display in real museums, along with articles by real archeologists.

But that's science for ya; if it isn't on youtube it's probably a hoax.

Yeah. It's a bit of a shame though, that we can't base any discussion on fossils on display in real museums, along with articles by real archeologists.

But that's science for ya; if it isn't on youtube it's probably a hoax.

You haven't watched the video

If it's on youtube, river believes it. After all, he can see it with his own eyes.

First they are Not Native Americans as we know them , just to be clear

The problem is that this knowledge is not in any History books of America , and should be

I hate to admit it, but I watched the video you linked to. The one with the stonemason-turned-"researcher" whose claims all rely on, and solely consist of, his own incredulity in regard to the official explanations: "How is this a root cellar?" "I wouldn't know how to put this together." "Why go to the bother?" "That doesn't look like an erratic to me!"

You call that scientific evidence? I call it a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about blindly criticizing those who do.

I hate to admit it, but I watched the video you linked to. The one with the stonemason-turned-"researcher" whose claims all rely on, and solely consist of, his own incredulity in regard to the official explanations: "How is this a root cellar?" "I wouldn't know how to put this together." "Why go to the bother?" "That doesn't look like an erratic to me!"

You call that scientific evidence? I call it a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about blindly criticizing those who do.

At least you watched the video , thats a step in the right direction , nothing wrong with an open mind

But how is it a root cellar ?

At least you watched the video , thats a step in the right direction , nothing wrong with an open mind

But how is it a root cellar ?

"HOw is it a root cellar" makes no sense as an argument.

"This is not a root cellar because:
3. ..."

Is an effective argument, as long as the points are evidence based.

From points given

1) the area was inhospitable to growing anything

Nonsense. There were plenty of farmers in Putnam county. Still are!

2) food rots in this room , done by researchers

Evidence, please? The guy makes the claim, but provides no names, dates, or material that can be traced back to these supposed studies. It's more likely that he's heard this second- or third-hand, or that he's just making it up himself.

3) no evidence of doors

4) no shelving

Yeah, I heard him say that he didn't notice any drilling in the stone where a door would go. I mean, seriously? Did colonial farmers drill holes into the rocks of the root cellars?

In which one are we talking about? He's not specific. That's probably intentional. And what does he mean there are no doors or shelves? Does he mean there are none now, or that there never were? I mean, it's not like he discovered these places himself; they've been known of for as long as people have lived there (indeed, they were built by the area's earliest settlers!) so does he allow for the possibility that these items have been removed?

As to why there are so many of these things in Putnam county, the answer is simple: The area is rich with big rocks!

And also, New York is not New England. This may seem like a minor oversight, but it speaks to the general lack of attention to detail of this "researcher."

Back