Ancient Civilizations In High Mountains

....Did it ever strike you as odd that the legendary Sinbad the Sailor sailed from Baghdad harbor which was on the Persian Gulf? .....

Sinbad?? He was a real person? He sailed from Bagdad harbor to where?

Oil, can you help me out here with an answer please? pretty please?

You've never read Captain Sir Richard Francis Burton's translation of The Book of One Thousand and One Nights? The story of Sinbad is tale 133 in Volume 6. It tells of his seven voyages. He may or may not have been a real person, I have no idea because I wasn't alive at the time. However the question you should be asking is, "Is Basra a real city?" The answer to that of course is obviously yes. And he sailed from Basra which was directly on the Persian Gulf at that time. Now Basra is 34 miles inland and one must sail up the Shat al Arab in order to get there.

Basra.jpg

Similiarly Ostia Antica (meaning mouth [of the Tiber River]) aka Portus Romanus which in ancient times was on the Mediterranean Sea but is now 3 miles inland on the Tiber.

intro7.jpg

Oh my how the Earth has grown.

Last edited:
So can you tell me exactly how it would be possible to know that the Earth, at any time in it's history, has not expanded?

So can you tell me exactly how it would be possible to know that the Earth, at any time in it's history, has not expanded?

So can you tell me exactly how it would be possible to know that people, at any time in it's history, were not purple skinned with yellow dots all over their body ?

What a nonsense question.

possible to know that people, at any time in it's history, were not purple skinned with yellow dots all over their body ?

No, it would not be possible to know this. That was exactly my point though.

No, it would not be possible to know this. That was exactly my point though.

Of course the Earth has expanded in the past. But not by the amount or the machanism OIM talks about.
Space dust. Meteor impacts.

No need for magic time machines. Just follow the evidence.

John99: Please review my Formal Debate with OilIsMastery, where I debunked his contention.

That's the best you can do? Didn't you ever study geography as a kid in school? Some coastal areas have huge variations, over the time scales of hundreds of years, in their topography due to powerful currents, frequent storms etc which can deposit or remove a lot of sand and rock, making the sea come further in or move further out. Hurricane Katrina destroyed huge amounts of fragile coastal areas, that doesn't mean that an article saying "The sea comes further in than it used to" would be evidence for a shrinking Earth.

Besides, why would that coastline have changed due to an expanding Earth and not anywhere else?

You really are pathetically desperate if you're using that as evidence! :roflmao:

You've never read Captain Sir Richard Francis Burton's translation of The Book of One Thousand and One Nights? The story of Sinbad is tale 133 in Volume 6. It tells of his seven voyages. He may or may not have been a real person, I have no idea because I wasn't alive at the time. However the question you should be asking is, "Is Basra a real city?" .....

Wow, I don't even want to ask about Jesus then, do I?

Did you ever wonder whatever became of important port cities like Pithom and Ramses in Egypt or Ostia, the harbor city of ancient Rome? [Did it ever strike you as odd that Ur of the Chaldees is now 200 miles from the Sea today yet in ancient times when Abraham lived there it was a busy seaport?] Did it ever strike you as odd that the legendary Sinbad the Sailor sailed from Baghdad harbor which was on the Persian Gulf? Today, Baghdad is some 350 miles from the sea and on hundred and twenty five feet above sea level.

What about Atlantis?

Back