An opportunity to bear wittness to your God.

Are we still on this proof of God business? If God exists, then why does it need people to prove itself? If there were no people like Sandy to bear witness, would we be having this same discussion again? A real god could bear witness to itself.

and if the variety of literature often shares the concept "we in Gods image' then are words doing just that?

ie...... 'an opportunity to bear witness to your god'

isnt that what 'we the people' are doing?

do all of mankind that ever existed remain associated to the earth, the garden, mother nature in fact?

can you witness what underwrites all energy/life on this earth?

is it the sun?

or is it the son?

i can only witness what i can experience, and be honest about it.

PaintYourself_lg.jpg

How so? I'm going to be punished for not taking a bunch of indoctrinated people at their word? If there really is a God, she should punish theists for doing such a piss poor job of representing her.

How so? I'm going to be punished for not taking a bunch of indoctrinated people at their word?

No. One is punished for not taking Him at His--not "their"--Word. You've 'written it off', hence your predicament.

No. One is punished for not taking Him at His--not "their"--Word. You've 'written it off', hence your predicament.

I do take "God" at her word. That's why I believe when an experiment is repeated sufficiently many times with consistent results and can be independently verified at any time, the results of such experiments should be believed in. Then you have folks like Sandy who just come traipsing along telling us all to buy into the same rubbish she chose to buy into, with arguments that could just as easily support the existence of Leprchauns or the Bogeyman if you simply replace the word "Jesus" with "Bogeyman".

Yeah, sure, I feel so totally worthy of being condemned to infinite wrath and torture for using the faculties I was given. Such a mature, tolerant thing for an invisible hidden divine being to do, it reflects real positively on the followers who delight in these threats. All y'all have a nice day now.

Yeah, sure, I feel so totally worthy of being condemned to infinite wrath and torture for using the faculties I was given. Such a mature, tolerant thing for an invisible hidden divine being to do, it reflects real positively on the followers who delight in these threats. All y'all have a nice day now.

He doesn't condemn you for using the faculties given you. You facillitate your own condemnation by NOT using those same faculties in pursuit of the Truth. You're content to be confirmed in your unbelief by other unbelievers instead of exerting the necessary effort to understand why what you've posted as reasons for dismissing biblical prophecies are not necessarily true.

I've spoken plainly to you in answering your original question (How so) but the pupose was not to condemn you--precisely the opposite...why don't you listen to me? Because, you want things your way, not His. For example, we are taught by The Word of God (both Incarnate and Written) to refer to God as Father...you refer to Him as "she" etc. You were provided plenty of links, yet you turned your nose up at them.Those links were not provided to threaten you...no... rather that you might believe the Word of God. You asked and received. But, when given a gift not everyone gets, you refused it.

You're content to be confirmed in your unbelief by other unbelievers instead of exerting the necessary effort to understand why what you've posted as reasons for dismissing biblical prophecies are not necessarily true.

That's quite an ironic statement for you to make, since I don't need to surround myself with hundreds of worshippers on a weekly basis chanting and preaching to each other to keep the faith.

And on the topic of Biblical "prophecies", even at a first glance it looks pretty laughable. Sandy links to claims such as one along the lines of "Tyre was prophecied to vanish, and it's indeed gone." Yeah sure Tyre's gone, I think Hezbollah would like to know that 'cuz they've got like 10 000 missiles stashed away there. "Oh but that's... uhm... a different Tyre" comes the refrain. Like everyone from the original place packed up one day and completely vanished from history, then some brand new group came skipping along and made a new town on the exact same spot with the same name.

C'mon... :eek: Really? :confused:
That's the kind of material which is supposed to convince me of things that pretty much never happen in any kind of unified common experience? This is the kind of stuff you want to pass on someone when you're telling them about the almighty Thor in the sky or whoever? Billions of people around the world believe the seas can be parted, yet not a single one of them seems to be able to do it. When I or a colleague make a claim about something, we have to back it up with results. Useful, applicable, verifiable results. All those thousands of years of prayers for rain throughout history never worked... oh wait, scientists can make that happen too. Yet we don't come barging your doors down bragging to you about our path to enlightenment, you come to us both because you need us and because you want to stand there and preach.

why don't you listen to me? Because, you want things your way, not His.

Huh? You don't listen to me because you want things to be your way, buddy! Just listen to yourself, that's been my whole point all along! :D

For example, we are taught by The Word of God (both Incarnate and Written) to refer to God as Father...you refer to Him as "she" etc.

If you can come up with a photo of your deity's genitals or a DNA test or something, let me know. I know there's the original Sistine Chapel painting by Michelangelo, before they decided to paint over God's privates, but, err... As far as I'm concerned, for all I really know, God is just a flying lump of spaghetti.

You were provided plenty of links, yet you turned your nose up at them.Those links were not provided to threaten you...no... rather that you might believe the Word of God.

If lowered my standards of proof and reasoning to the level you're asking me to, I'd buy every crap product anyone ever pitched to me.

You asked and received. But, when given a gift not everyone gets, you refused it.

I'm the one giving you a gift by showing you the silliness of your own reasoning, and the silliness of preaching to people and judging them based on untestable claims.

Back