an inspirational message from 30 seconds to mars

It is when your inference is in direct contradiction of the very lyrics themselves.

how's that? are you going to cherry pick one line out of the entire record to support your assertion like dy did?

let me guess, you're good buds with jared leto, and you've got the inside scoop?

you know that if you were to actually see what the soldier in the video saw, you would swear up and down you were asleep.

well, you are asleep. ;)

how's that? are you going to cherry pick one line out of the entire record to support your assertion like dy did?

What, you are going to ignore the line that contradicts you?

The lyrics do not say what you say they do. You cannot pervert them by ignoring their content.

What, you are going to ignore the line that contradicts you?

The lyrics do not say what you say they do. You cannot pervert them by ignoring their content.

as with all art, the lyrics say one of two things. either exactly what jared leto says they do, or despite that, what the listener interprets them to say.

as with all art, the lyrics say one of two things. either exactly what jared leto says they do, or despite that, what the listener interprets them to say.

Yeah yeah Lori. Despite him saying one thing, you are so desperate to make a connection, you interpret it to mean the opposite.

Your neediness is pretty tragic.

do you think you're trustworthy?

Well as a human being i am not perfectly trustworthy. I would not want anyone making me their infallable source of wisdom. Or someone they could trust their eternity with.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

No, this song doesn't strike me as Christian at all. My interpretation is that everyone from the pariah to the messiah struggle, and the only way to end that struggle is to fight, resulting in a "brave new world."

I do believe in the light
Raise your hands up to the sky
The fight is done
The war is won
Lift your hands
Towards the sun
Towards the sun
Towards the sun
Towards the sun
The war is won

peace is absolutely a christian message

Peace did not start with Christianity, and it will not end with Christianity.
And as for that quoted song excerpt: it's a meaning of hope, nothing more.
They have Buddhist monks chanting on the record, so why, if there is any sort of religious message, would it be Christian as opposed to Buddhist?

Jared Leto does say, "Praise the Lord, Hallelujah, Amen" in his shows. This only spells trouble from here on out. I'll take my interpretation, and cling to it, because undoubtedly the next album is going to be all out Christian. I can feel it.

No, this song doesn't strike me as Christian at all. My interpretation is that everyone from the pariah to the messiah struggle, and the only way to end that struggle is to fight, resulting in a "brave new world."

Peace did not start with Christianity, and it will not end with Christianity.
And as for that quoted song excerpt: it's a meaning of hope, nothing more.
They have Buddhist monks chanting on the record, so why, if there is any sort of religious message, would it be Christian as opposed to Buddhist?

Jared Leto does say, "Praise the Lord, Hallelujah, Amen" in his shows. This only spells trouble from here on out. I'll take my interpretation, and cling to it, because undoubtedly the next album is going to be all out Christian. I can feel it.

you know, i think the same story is told in a lot of different ways, and religion and music are some of those ways.

it's interesting though that the bible has at least a whole chapter of songs. and it goes further to imply that music is appreciated on a higher level. it's engrained in our nature and it's a beautiful way to communicate. it's effective. it moves me. i just recently found out that mice sing. did you know that? buddhist monks sing. a lot of songs sound like prayers to me. like "i don't have anyone to talk to so i'm going to write a song" or "i can't express myself any other way so i wrote a song".

Back