America in the bible

This is the problem with the prophecies in the bible, they can apply to anything.

BY the way, the Christians scholars think that the prophecy applies to Alexander the Great. He had two horns as he was able to conquer two worlds. He ordered his army to marry Persian girls to unite both worlds. He fell at the end of course.
http://www.execulink.com/~wblank/20000326.htm

This thread stinks....No value here.

But this thing is so general, it could apply to all civilizations. All civilizations have had wars and have fallen due to unbelief. Why make this the US in specific. I think this thread stinks.

Lol, Visitor likes worming words round to suit him. You really should read up on Nostradamus, i think you'd like it.

there was no America when the bible was writen,
no one can see that far into the future,
so,stop dreaming,the bible is a book of fiction.

America IS in the Bible

America is nicely described in Revelation 18. America is the best candidate for being "Babylon". I will post more on this tomorrow (I was planning to do this anyways...).

...or maybe, just maybe, the passage refers to events occuring in the time in which it was written!

Originally posted by TheVisitor
He missed more than he hit, a real prophet is 100% accurate. Jesus said there were things....mysteries that remain locked until the times of the end....that no man did know then, not even the Son himself......these mysteries were to be un-locked in our day only. Nostradamus had no clue of the meaning of these mysteries either.......
Or you can just argue that the Nostradamus prophecies that are 'missed' just haven't come true yet. You're 'evidence' of America being in the Bible is... well... stupid. Besides the fact that the description of Babylon doesn't fit the US, it's already attributed as proof by may other crackpots of their country being in the Bible. You could atleast TRY and be convincing could you?

Re: Persol

Originally posted by TheVisitor
This is about to happen again. Here in America, the church and the state....no mater how far fetched it may sound now, are going to unite and agree to enforce some laws limiting the teaching or preaching of any religious affairs not condoned by the "council", a commitee that will be created.

And thats what happened in Babylon, hence the spiritual type.
Now go back and read what I said.
I read what you had to say the first time, and still thing it's a stupid argument. You (or more likely your religious leader) are simply bending scripture to say something that you wish were true.

Babylon is a nation, not the church. That is clearly written in Rev 18. I will post it later. And you shouldn't be in favor of this war. This was is not God's Will. God's Will is for everyone to be saved and anyone to perish. Read Romans 12:21. I'm not going to quote anything and talk more because I'm at school and don't have enough time for that...

just to calm the waters

my children told me the other day there teacher has received notice that they can no longer say the pledge allegiance to the flag because it says (UNDER GOD) SHE SAID OTHER DENOMINATIONS WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS REMARK UPON HEARING THIS I TOOK A TRIP TO SCHOOL SOME ATHEIST OR JEHOVAHS WITNESS HAD OBJECTED TO THIS WELL FREEDOM OF SPEECH WILL PREVAIL BECAUSE MY CHILDREN AND THERE FRIENDS SANG JESUS LOVES ME ON THE PLAYGROUND AND WE DARE ANYONE TO TELL US WE CANT WORSHIP WHERE WHEN WE WANT WE ARE AMERICAN AND WE ARE STRONG LITTLE THINGS LIKE CHANGING A FLAG THAT FLOWN FOR MANY YEARS BECAUSE IT OFFENDS SOMEONE IS STUPID AND A WASTE OF TIME THEY SPENT 10000 DOLLARS TRYING TO CHANGE OUR FLAG AND WE VOTED AND IT STILL FLYS THATS DEMOCRACY AND IF YOU WANT TO WHINE ABOUT IT GO AHEAD BUT IF YOU WANT TO STOP IT SPEAK LOUDER THAN YOU HAVE BEEN DOING BEING AMERICAN IS MORE THAN JUST WHINING YOU GOT TO TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS FOLKS YOU ELECT AND STOP RELIGION FROM BEING DECRIMINATED AGAINST IF THEY PUT IT TO A VOTE IT WOULD BE THROWED AWAY AS A BUNCH OF NONSENSE WASTE OF BREATH

I bet that eagleclaw himself was the one who called and protested the "under one god"..Why...He wanted to go down to the school and and show the world that it's not god that we are under. ...It's really Jesus.... He worships a servant and prophet of god named Jesus instead of his real creator that Jesus worshipped, and want us all to go to hell with him to keep his company.

PS. Do you mind turning the caps off....It's very annoying, gives me the feeling that your keyboard is stuck and you're mad at it.

haha you're a little cuckoo, huh? the pledge thing is not about freedom of speech or lack of it. it is about the school forcing children to say it. let them do it themselves on their own time if they like but do not let school officials force any sort of rhetoric upon children. it is not their place. if this country had an official religion that was not yours, satanism for example, how would you feel about the government making your children pledge their devotion to the dark lord?

TheVisitor,

You quote only ONE passage in Revelation 18. You totally forget the whole rest of the chapter.

Revelation 18:9-19
"9 "When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her.
10 Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry:
" 'Woe! Woe, O great city,
O Babylon, city of power!
In one hour your doom has come!'
11 "The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes any more-- 12 cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble;
13 cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and bodies and souls of men.
14 "They will say, 'The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your riches and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.'
15 The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn
16 and cry out:
dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet,
and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls!

17 In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!'
18"Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off. When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, 'Was there ever a city like this great city?'
19 They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out:
where all who had ships on the sea
became rich through her wealth!

In one hour she has been brought to ruin! "

This shows VERY clearly that Babylon is the richest city in the world. And of course, the richest and most powerful country too... the US. Only the US fit in ALL the descrpition.

OTHER DENOMINATIONS WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS REMARK UPON HEARING THIS I TOOK A TRIP TO SCHOOL SOME ATHEIST OR JEHOVAHS WITNESS HAD OBJECTED TO THIS WELL

This is exactly the kind of thing that will bring about what I'm trying to say here:

Isaiah 4:1 - And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

To anyone who has an ear, the pre-lude "In that Day", always refers to the "Lords Day'', this is today, and these are the "Christian churches" ...called by His name, "Christ" -ian. But eating thier own bread.......(teaching part word mixed with creeds and false doctrine), and wear own apparel......(thier own rightousness instead of Christ's).......

These are against the True Vine, which when the tree puts forth another branch......it will be the same life as the first.

Revelation 13 is the United States, with the "Christian Churches"

11 And I beheld another beast (The U.S.A.)coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns(Civil and ecclesiastical powers) like a lamb, (a Christian nation - a lamb)and he spake as a dragon(Satan, lies mixed with truth, as from the begining). 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast(Rome) before him,

A nation that fogets God, that nation shall God destroy.

These "Civil liberty" proponents are bringing this about using the guise of "fairness"and "equality".

God has never accepted compromise on His word.
That is what a eccumenical council does. It compromises.
The last time this happened was in Nicea, Rome in 325 A.D.
After an offical compromise was reached, the catholic church was instituted replacing paganism as Rome's religion.

It killed 68 million people who opposed it.

Rev. 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast(Rome) before him.

This shows VERY clearly that Babylon is the richest city in the world. And of course, the richest and most powerful country too... the US. Only the US fit in ALL the descrpition.

{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}

You read the whole Chapter of Rev.18

All the way down, no more candle in thee, no more bride in thee, no more bridegroom in thee.

Your close, yes...but you need to see the difference between the Beast and the Harlot.
Yes they are BOTH represented in Rev 18 and in America.

The beast is a power- State Power.

The harlot is a woman, a woman is aways the church...
Bride of Christ, vs. The Great harlot.

Thats what it's saying here. You said you were in school, I've been studing this the best part of my life....and you won't learn this in ANY school.

Your twisting it to say the denominations are not implicated here.
That's totally incorrect.

No. What I'm saying here is that the Catholic and Protestant Churches are also involved here. Have you seen those cases of child abuse by priests in the United States? There you go, an evidence. The Catholic and other denominations of churches are causing this. They are NOT Christians. Their teachings are false. They are false prophets. I know all that.

However, the passage also talks about the US. The reason is pretty simple. The US likes those churches. And also, the US promotes individualism, which is the root of all sins (see my other thread, The Roots of All Sins). People in US put themselves before others. Result: sin. God tells us to always put others before ourselves and to lay down our lives to one another. The US teaches the opposite thing. In Rev 18, the US is the one adressed because of the sins it commited.

I'm not Catholic, Protestant or anything. I'm not in any kind f denomination. I'm just simply and purely a Christian. If what I just said is what you meant, please state more clearly next time...

Rev 18 is the Churches i.e. the Great harlot system in the U. S.

The mother of harlots. The catholic church is the Mother and the protestants are Her daughters.

yes it is the same.

Read my post above... and nex time say that you are talking about the churches in the US. But is also the US itself.

Back