All Female Species Found

um asexual speicies like some corals dont HAVE a gender at all. they are nither female nor male

intrresting (byt off topic) fact i just rembered, salamanders are the only spices which can reproduce in there juvinile stage. the mexican walking fish which is juvinile stage of the salamander can sexually reproduce before it becomes an adult and a lot have compleatly lost the ability to mature now

um asexual speicies like some corals dont HAVE a gender at all. they are nither female nor male

intrresting (byt off topic) fact i just rembered, salamanders are the only spices which can reproduce in there juvinile stage. the mexican walking fish which is juvinile stage of the salamander can sexually reproduce before it becomes an adult and a lot have compleatly lost the ability to mature now

Considering how many 12-14-year old girls there are running around pushing prams or toting babies on their hips, I'm a bit dubious about salamanders being the only creatures to breed in their juvenile stage.;)

Not all male. There are female seahorses.

How would an all male species work? They'd have to ejaculate out diploid sperm that would then grow into new organisms...

In birds the sex-chromosomes are reversed. Males have XX and females have XY..
So what's a male and what's a female ? :p

More:

The cells that eventually turn into either eggs or sperm – known as germ cells – are identical in male and female embryos.
--
“In females, meiosis begins before birth and eggs are produced, whereas in males, meiosis begins after birth and the result is sperm.”
--
They also discovered an enzyme present in male embryos that wipes out retinoic acid and so suppresses meiosis until after birth, resulting in sperm production.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/04/060404090939.htm

In conjugation bacteria exchange their genetic material, so I would certainly count that as sexual reproduction.

But their manner of exchange is different. They change their own survivability, not just that of their offspring.

You were looking for non-insect species that have the same reproduction system ? I didn't get that from your OP..

Enmos:2232163 said:
Orleander said 'chop'.
And I specifically asked her what animal she meant, she didn't answer.

Here's the OP:

“ Originally Posted by Orleander
I've been told that an animal performs its job better if you chop off its ears (it hears better) and you chop off it's tail (no one can grab it).

Is this true? ”

'An animal' seems pretty undefined to me. This tells me she may have meant it in general (so for whatever animal).
If she meant dogs, why wouldn't she just say 'a dog' in stead of 'an animal' ?

Enmos:2228317 said:
Eh ? You are talking about a 'he' in the OP.
Everyone knows who it is you are talking about.. ?

Should I start running all my OP's past you before I post?

In birds the sex-chromosomes are reversed. Males have XX and females have XY..
So what's a male and what's a female ? :p

According to the biologists I have to put up with everyday. Females are whoever produces large gametes and males are whoever produces small gametes.

According to the biologists I have to put up with everyday. Females are whoever produces large gametes and males are whoever produces small gametes.

Yea, but is this true for all animals ? Perhaps it is, but doesn't that rather indicate that the one that nurtures the fertilized egg internally is the female ?

Back