• Sentient Aliens

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Monotheistic Christian Aliens

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Originally posted by hotsexyangelprincess
What will be the first aliens we meet?:m:
probably more highly advanced than us,is my guess,
do a search on "Allagash four abduction"it sounds like a true story.

heyya all :)

arrived ... left ... arrived stayed ... left
blah blah blah

if they are here then they would know how we cant even
find enough people to share there huge piles of food with starving children!!!

why would they give a damn about such a disfunctionaly selfish race???

should that be the question?

groove on all :)

Who's to say they aren't selfish as well? In fact if they had the technology to get here from god knows where they would almost have to be selfish.

Dr. Lou Natic

In fact if they had the technology to get here from god knows where they would almost have to be selfish.

Why would you call that selfish? I would call that space exploration. Is that selfish? Just a question Dr. I'm not trying to start anything here, I merely would like to know why you would think it is selfish.

The reason we have the technology we have is because we are selfish self elevating creatures. Technology isn't necasarilly a byproduct of intelligence. Don't kid yourself into thinking thats why we have rockets or computers or anything. Its our undesirable traits that got us here. Perhaps a kind alien race could reach technology greater than ours through differet means but I tend to think technology is a natural byproduct of well... evil , or at least shortsightedness. I think if an alien race got to this planet they would be similar to us only advanced and would therefore not look down upon our selfishness. Maybe rather our lack of it compared to them. We have creatures like rippleofdeath described right here on this planet, they're called dolphins.

Dr. Lou Natic

Hi Doc:

No, I haven't kidded myself. I just wanted to know why you would call it selfish. It may be possible, if there are beings from other planets, that they are selfish too; but that's assuming they use as little brain power as we do! I'll explain; it's why I feel we are selfish and really, quite silly idiots. I.E. we built some electric cars because of the fuel crisis. lol:) we have an energy crisis too!

heyya all :)

i must admit that i find it almost impossible to equate high level technology with selfish behaviour based on the working example
of Co-operative scientific advancements.

im not sure what the statistics would be,
my thought is that most scientists do not work by them-selfs
which suggests a colaberative giving just like building a relationship.

So....
if "they" (who ever they might be) were to study the political-sociological interface it would be most apparent that technology in the wrong hands is self destructive, based on moral & ethical
working examples.
my "give a loaded handgun to a 5 year old" analogy, would be most apparent to any 'advanced' species....
IN MY OPINION :)

groove on all :)

peace, light, truth, love
the path to that we hold above

I don't mean selfish as individuals but selfish as a species. Or selfish as a race like we are, we got into space because of our competitive nature, americans wanted to beat the russians so badly.
It is possible that an alien race could reach great technology without being "selfish" but I doubt it. They would need to rape their planet of natural resources for a long time to get there, its natural progress and that is selfish. Not thinking about the other beings on their planet and only caring about what they could use the resources for. Thats what technology is, perhaps some race out there found a way to get technology without doing this but it is alot less likely. If such a race were out there I'd love to meet them and learn how they did it.

Back