Agnostic no more

Another brave soldier falls *salute*

Even though I'm not fond of the idea, I'm gonna say Good Luck anyway and all the best :)

Isn't agnostic one of those inbetweeny people, they'd like to believe in a god but also know that there is no proof....that's what a philosophy student told me anyway

Rock On...I guess

Thor

No and yes m0rl0ck. I plan on praying, but have yet to choose a religion.

You might want to check out the unitarians:

"We believe that personal experience, conscience and reason should be the final authorities in religion, and that in the end religious authority lies not in a book or person or institution, but in ourselves. We are a "non-creedal" religion: we do not ask anyone to subscribe to a creed. "

http://www.uua.org/

http://www.uua.org/aboutuu/index.html

SYLLABICATION: ag·nos·tic

PRONUNCIATION: g-nstk

NOUN:
1 a. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God. b. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism. 2. One who is doubtful or noncommittal about something.

ADJECTIVE:
1. Relating to or being an agnostic. 2. Doubtful or noncommittal: “Though I am agnostic on what terms to use, I have no doubt that human infants come with an enormous ‘acquisitiveness’ for discovering patterns” (William H. Calvin, New York Times Book Review August 10, 1997).

ETYMOLOGY: a– + Gnostic.

SYLLABICATION: a·the·ist

PRONUNCIATION: th-st

NOUN:
One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

SYLLABICATION: the·ism

PRONUNCIATION: thz'm

NOUN:
Belief in the existence of a god or gods, especially belief in a personal God as creator and ruler of the world.

OTHER FORMS:
theist —NOUN
the·istic , the·isti·cal —ADJECTIVE
the·isti·cal·ly —ADVERB
• The above entries are from the American Heritage Dictionary, courtesy Apple's Sherlock 3.
didnt u look up the meaning of agnostic???
ur STILL agnostic

it means u belive in god but not in organised religions

so if u dont pick a church ect then ur agnostic (Asguard)
By what definition?

Even without a belief in a "personal God", Counsler's position still equals a form of theism. A recognition of the concept of God is often vague, and it is only social or "peer" pressure that lends toward conformity of that concept to dogmatic rules. A belief that God is or the God exists does not require a religion to enforce it. God will represent to Counsler what Counsler chooses to allow it.

People do create gods--the specific ones. But as you move through religions, there exists a greater sense of God--common attributes awarded various deities: eternal life, existence, "supernatural" abilities, and, above all, a Plan.

Generally speaking, theists make the error of assuming that the Plan, or that God can be known. Yet at that base common level, God represents the theoretical answers to questions science cannot answer. Why are we here? What purpose is there to life? Armstrong acknowledges these questions in A History of God, the vitally important examination of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity that propelled her to the literary forefront, and is also mentioned in the early pages of A.L. Basham's Classical Hinduism.

Nobody can answer those questions definitively, and while some have no quarrel with the idea of doing things without any real reason, some people do look at all the suffering seemingly inherent to the human condition, and cannot let that stand without scrutiny.

My own hope for Counsler's search is that he bear in mind a form of Sufi principle. God is not a goal or end-point. Christianity, for instance, looks at life as a long struggle between good and evil, the quest of the soul to seek out and find union with God. From Sufism and other philosophies, though, one gets the impression that to attain Godliness is not a goal in itself, but rather a starting point: once you have attained the godly form, you can begin on the truly important work. In that sense, God is kind of like a plumber's degree or certification; having attained the certification merely means that you can start rooting through the sewage. Or a medical degree, for a cleaner, more appetizing analogy. Sure, you may have your degree, but all that means is that the important work of saving lives can begin in full effect.

And such it is with God. Accepting that God exists merely means that a seeker has chosen that path to find the answers to the unanswerable. Theism, without any special, self-centered focus on a personal God, is among the human philosophies most open to progress. Where we criticize religions in general for making God a definitive idea and thus closing avenues of inquiry, discovery, and growth, so, too, do we find that narrowing among the atheist proclamation.

In any argument between atheism and religion, I'll side with atheism; I dare any Christian to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Bible is objectively to be considered the word of God. Islam and the Koran? I would challenge even the witches, but they have no formal doctrines, and the elective relationship with a personal goddess carries no inherent, formal threat.

But when atheism puts itself against the history of the idea of God, the plethora of workable attributes found within various religious determinations, it has the tendency to strike the possibilities of religious thought in advance, based simply on the failure of those possibilities to actualize in the past.

However, if this standard is applied to something so basic and human as God, what can be said of the more complex charades such as rule of law, national boundaries, or even "rights"? What most atheists fail to recognize is that these things are equally as subjective as assertions of God and religion.

Thus I tend to think that a bland theism unattached to any specific construction of God leaves ethical grounds for consistency in the acknowledgment of other human-conduct level assertions intact.

Why is murder wrong? Rape? Because it is. Because we're humans and we shouldn't be treating each other that way. But when you cut down to the objective standard demanded by atheism, some people do encounter the internal friction that comes from selectively or even arbitrarily advocating various standards. In this sense, everyone is "religious", though not everyone "theistic".

As such, as an atheist, having rejected God on such practical grounds, I soon found myself, on my integrity, rejecting other mythical constructions. It cost me a lot; my compassion, my communication, my radiant sense of human trust that, thankfully, I've seen affirmative signs of in the last few years. It took me six years to climb back out of the hole I dug by adopting atheism; the philosophy didn't work for me ... so what? At least, standing on level ground again, I can promise myself to not make that mistake again.

And that's why I'm thrilled by Counsler's declaration. It would be wrong to say that I could care less which God he adopts; the truth is that I would rather he officially adopt none. As such, he might find himself in the unique position of building bridges between the atheistic and theistic factions, so that the one might understand the other, and the other the one.

This self serves the other self, and that self the one; together, they become one another. (Anonymous Sufi saying)

Objectively speaking, I have found atheism to result in a lack of unity among people. The idea tends to foster division, and because of its smallness, atheism is unable to restrain the passions of its adherents. This has become problematic, as atheism seems just as divisive as, say, Christianity has been noted to be.

My deepest hope is that Counsler feels somehow empowered to contribute to the rightness of people and the world, to harmony and peace, to knowledge and passion--to happiness, in other words.

To happiness--I shall raise my pipe.

Congratulations of a certain order to Counsler, and also my best wishes. Unfortunately, by a self-comparative standard, he has chosen the tougher path. But it is also the path that brings the greatest rewards.

blessed be
in harmony and peace
thrice strengthened
by the wishes of my heart,

Tiassa :cool:

Originally posted by CounslerCoffee
Wow. Three responses in less then one minute, is that a record?

It all shows we care about you awww :eek:

And my two cents' worth would be to tell you to adopt a viewpoint that will help you grow and will give you a solid foundation on which to anchor yourself. For some people theism works, and for some agnosticism(?) works, and for others atheism works. I just chose atheism because it worked for me, not because I believe it to be any superior to other viewpoints.

I just hope you've carefully reviewed all the pros and cons of what you're leaving, what you're getting into and what you're not going to get into. The real test of your decision will be a time of crisis. How well your views help you then will be a good indicator.

-central philosophy of Zero, Sage of Chaos

Last edited:
Counselor, I will not ask you to join a religion u donot prefer. From one buddhism sprouts about thousands of thousands of denomnation, in different countries, thailand have their view of Buddha, some believe he is god, some dont, etc.

From one Hinduism sprouts about thousands upon thousands of denomination, some are atheist, some are not, some believe in gods, some believe in a god.

From judaism sprouts out muslim and christianity....
I am impressed with Muslims unity, they remain one, but the governments have different perspectives as well. Muslim's original founder is Ishmael, son of Abraham, and their greastest prophet is muhammed...Ishmael left his brothers after Abraham died and he went on his own with his own followers and wives, historically speaking, he was very strong, violent, and feared by his weak brother Jacob, the 2 were enemies...

Judaism, Im imprseed with these as well, like muslim, it remained ancient, old, and are still the same 2000 years ago without improvement, VERY TRADITIONAL. This religion is the seeds of Jacob also son of Abraham, brother of Ishmael (who are sworn enemies then, till this day muslims and jews hate each other). They are still waiting for their coming messiah, because they didnt recognize the humble, poor Jesus who fulfilled it...

Christianity is founded by Jesus the Christ, BUT CHRISTIANITY NEVER SPLITS from the seed of Abraham and Judaism, it is the improved judaism "I did not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it"- Jesus. Roman Catholic church founded by Jesus himself contained all the judaism tradition, AND NOT ONE LACKING, the synagogues traditions, etc. with St. Peter as the first leader...
But from here on, because of disputes and human corruption, people made their own sect and claim it is God's will, like hinduism and buddhism, theres over 25,000 denominations of christianity today, and each one of them claim to be the real Christian church, some believe Jesus is god, some dont..There are even those who call themself "Non deonimnation christian", what a scam, theres no such thing, thats another word for "Non denomination denomination", it is still deonimantion the fact that u have to read and follow the authority of the apostles in the bible,.etc..

COUNSELOR, I WILL LET YOU BE THE JUDGE....IF YOU WERE TO PICK A RELIGION, I RECCOMEND THAT YOU WILL BE ABSOLUTE, DONT BE WARM OR LUKEWARM..IF YOU WANT TO BE A BUDDHIST, BE IN THE ORIGINAL BUDDHIST SECT (THERES THOUSANDS OTHERWISE U WILL CONFUSE FROM)..

IF YOU WANT TO BE IN HINDUISM, BE IN THE ORIGINAL HINDUISM...

IF YOU WANT TO FOLLOW CHRIST, THEN BE THE ORIGINAL CHRISTIAN, THE UNIVERSAL COMMUNITY OF BELIEVERS FIRST FOUNDED IN ROME BY ST. PAUL WITH ST. PETER AS THE HEAD..(IN LATIN "ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH").

THEN YOU CAN BE IN JUDAISM, AND MUSLIM, THE ONLY STRONG RELIGIONS STANDING IN THIS WORLD THAT ISNT DIVIDED...

BUT IT DEPENDS WHAT YOU CAN HANDLE, HOW MUCH DISCIPLINE ARE YOU WILLING TO GIVE TO YOURSELF FOR THE LOVE OF HUMANITY...FOR LOVING YOUR FELLOW MANKIND IS HOW YOU SHOW LOVE FOR GOD....

BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU, THE FACT IS, OUT OF ALL THE RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD, ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THE MOST COMPLETE, FULLNESS OF MORAL VALUES, WE HAVE SOLUTIONS TO EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM THIS EARTH WILL FACE, FROM ABORTION, TO INTERNET, TO TEEN VIOLENCE, TO DRUGS, TO SUICIDE, ETC..CIVILED WAY TO LIVE, THE TRUTH....JUDAISM, BUDDHISM, HINDUISM, AND MUSLIM ARE TOO UNDEVELOPED AND ANCIENT TO RECOGNIZE THE WORLD'S ISSUES..

there are 9 major practiced religions in this world today, and i gave you the top 6 religions, and I just want to tell you I became Roman Catholic not because of "parents consent", but because of RESEARCH AND UNDERSTANDING, I got my whole family back into the faith.....THE MORE YOU HUNGER, THE MORE YOU PUT EFFORT, THE MORE YOU THE TRUTH UNVEILS ITSELF INFRONT OF YOU...

note: Ignore my behavior, trust me I am a hardcore sinner, but being in this post is my way of getting back to my faith for I was lost in the world for 2 years now, clubbing, violence, sex, drugs, etc. and Im trying to clean myself up, I was a catechist teacher 2 years ago, and im trying to get my faith back, so again im sorry for my language and temper....may God forgive me...

EDITED= Sorry but I cant help it but I have to say this...I donot reccoment Hinduism because it has no stance, they allowed atheism, agnosticm, and belief of multiple gods, even the original one, there is notmuch solutions to problems as well..
I also donot reccomend the original Buddhism because prophet Buddha, historically speaking never claimed to be God. this is more of a philosophy. Buddha, meaning "The enlighten one", the awaken one. Is more of a philosophy and it is WAY TOO OLD AND ANCIENT, THERE INDEED IS NO SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS OUR SOCIETY IS FACING, JUST LIKE MUSLIM AND JUDAISM, WAY TOO TRADITIONAL, MAYBE GOOD FOR THEIR SOCIETY, BUT NOT HERE IN THE US, CATHOLICISM U CAN APPLY EVERYWHERE, IN CHINA, MIDDLE EAST, US, ETC...
So I reccoment The Community of Rooman Catholic Churrch, AND I KNOW IT HAS BAD REPUTATION AND BAD NAMES, BECAUSE THE WORLD ALWAYS TALK SMACK AGAINST IT. WHEN THE PRIEST MAKES MISTAKES, THE WHOLE WORLD WILL KNOW ABOUT IT, THE MEDIA, TRASH TALKING, FALSE ACCUSATION, EVEN FROM THE SO-CALLED CHRISTIANS...BUT THEN AGAIN, THAT JJUST SHOWS THAT THE HATRED OF THE WORLD, PROVES THE GENUINITY OF THE CHURCH....

Last edited:
All the trash talking about the RCC is only because of a few who gave the whole a bad name. The media's excessive and obsessive interest in the sexual affairs of a few priests is sickening to me. They are judging an entire group on the basis of a few bad apples.

Whassup, all the religions have their virtues and weaknesses. All have produced UltiDestroyers incarnate and all have also produced exemplary people as well. One can not be pointed out as being inferior to another. Though I do agree about the quasi religious cults that terrorize people...

-central philosophy of Zero, Sage of Chaos

Thanks everyone for supporting me.

Whatsupyall:
BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU, THE FACT IS, OUT OF ALL THE RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD, ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THE MOST COMPLETE, FULLNESS OF MORAL VALUES, WE HAVE SOLUTIONS TO EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM THIS EARTH WILL FACE, FROM ABORTION, TO INTERNET, TO TEEN VIOLENCE, TO DRUGS, TO SUICIDE, ETC..CIVILED WAY TO LIVE, THE TRUTH....JUDAISM, BUDDHISM, HINDUISM, AND MUSLIM ARE TOO UNDEVELOPED AND ANCIENT TO RECOGNIZE THE WORLD'S ISSUES..

I have a serious problem with the Catholic Church. They look into each little sentence in the bible way to much. Secondly the bible never covers the Internet, never mentions abortion, and I surely don't remember reading about drugs. So how can they say that these things are wrong or right?

The bible is very old. Which is why I choose to believe in it, interpret it for myself, and pull out any of the stuff that I feel is wrong. Humans were born knowing right from wrong, so its easy to see where they messed up in the book. Its about compassion, faith, understanding, and acceptance. Not "Gays are bad" or "Abortion is murder." I will pick for myself what I believe to be wrong, not what the church believes to be wrong.

So I've made a choice. I have decided to believe in God. Science cannot explain everything. But God does explain an awful lot more then science does.

Science cannot explain everything, yet. That does not mean science will explain everything in our lifetimes of course, but it's certainly no reason to take the easy.... nay, irrational way out. We are making progress considering that science and we as a species have only originated a mere drop in the bucket on the geological time scale. Science is still in its infancy.

I'm very interested to hear why you think God explains an awful lot more than science does. God explains with miracles and mystery. Science explains with observation and experimentation. God demands faith through subservience. Science demands only one faith -- that no measurements taken are ever influenced by the supernatural.

And although you've made the decision to believe in God, which I will respect, I would have to say quite frankly, I cannot support your decision. Sorry.

(Q):
Science cannot explain everything, yet. That does not mean science will explain everything in our lifetimes of course, but it's certainly no reason to take the easy.... nay, irrational way out. We are making progress considering that science and we as a species have only originated a mere drop in the bucket on the geological time scale. Science is still in its infancy.

I'm very interested to hear why you think God explains an awful lot more than science does. God explains with miracles and mystery. Science explains with observation and experimentation. God demands faith through subservience. Science demands only one faith -- that no measurements taken are ever influenced by the supernatural.

And although you've made the decision to believe in God, which I will respect, I would have to say quite frankly, I cannot support your decision. Sorry.

Its okay (Q). I understand. We all have different opinions, I don't expect everyone to just jump up and say "Coffee is right!" This is my decision, not anyone else's.

I will try to explain myself as best as I can. I think as a example I will use the six concepts of evolution.

1. Cosmic Evolution (The Big Bang)
2. Chemical Evolution (Higher elements evolve)
3. Evolution of stars and planets from gas
4. Organic Evolution
5. Macro Evolution (Changes between animals and plants)
6. Micro Evolution

Did I get all of those? Yeah I did. Only Number six has been observed and documented. All the rest is theory and speculation. What if instead this happened:

1. God created the universe.
2. God started to create planets.
3. God made Earth.
4. God moves on and makes other Earth like planets.
5. Man started to evolve on his own.

Yes, I believe in aliens. To think that God only created one planet like ours is ridiculous.

I think the best example that I can use (besides evolution) is the powering force of the Atom. Apparently its Gluons... now that's crazy! I have never seen a gluon, no one has observed a gluon. Its all taken with a leap of faith that there are gluons. The same with the first 5 steps of evolution. Scientists have faith in science, I have faith in God. Is there really a big difference here?

Image of God?

Man is made in God's image.

Now:

- Humankind has evolved, and is a product of an ongoing sequence of interrelated events.
- This process has seen the Universe go from fire and dust to Life.
- Nature is not extraneous (can anyone demonstrate that nature is, in fact extraneous?)
- Thus, we might say that Humankind has evolved in the only way that it possibly could; that is, there is no other, better possibility, else the "we" debating these issues would not be human, but something else.
- Chaos constrained reflects its constraints. There is a game or computer program that shows this by limiting the graph area to an equilateral triangle, and the variable coordinates to three. Essentially, if you mark 3 points of a triangle, and put 2 numbers from a die at each point, put a pen down anywhere inside the triangle, roll a die, and draw a line segment halfway to the point indicated, you can over time create a fairly regular, repeating pattern of triangles.
- As the factors determining the shape and nature of humankind become more known (and thus the possibilities limited) we will find that humankind could not have evolved otherwise.
- God, in its most abstract, encompasses all factors of existence and nothing more.
- Thus, evolving the only way we can, it is fair to assert in the poetic that humankind is made in God's image.

That's the two-minute scribbling of the idea.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

Originally posted by CounslerCoffee
Its okay (Q). I understand. ....................................................................................................................................................... Scientists have faith in science, I have faith in God. Is there really a big difference here?

To me it sounds like you have been hanging out with muslims. :p
Check out your pm on friday. ;)

Last edited:
Counselor, last advice. BE AS SKEPTICAL AS POSSIBLE IN YOUR SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH. There are things I used to doubt when i was a teen, but my research gave me the answers that I was longing for..People misunderstood faith in general...
Reserving to faith in your spiritual life means, being patient, kind, etc. All this is faith (meaning trust and loyalty), EVERYTHING ELSE BE SKEPTIC, that way you will be a very very smart believer of God, be skeptic in the field of science and religion, learn every possible concepts, dont reserve to one idea, trust me, KNOWLEDGE COMES FROM GOD, and yes you can Fill your doubts with faith, this means your very spiritually strong, but why gamble? After all your young and have the time to learn the truth....The answers are there for you to find...

Originally posted by whatsupyall
How does "super duper chance" explain anything? And yes, an intelligent designer is proven, deny it all you want, but your stupidity doesnt change FACTS, sorry Adam...

Theres no such thing as chance. There's also no such thing as god. Show me proof and I'll believe. So far all you've shown anyone is poor logic and misuse of the caps lock key. And your right, stupidity doesn't change facts, sorry whatsupyall...

Easy way out? Thats a lie, the fact is people turn to atheism because they cant handle the idea of God, giving them responsibility to be good and forgiving. Thats the whole reason why people become atheist, because they are weak, impatient, IGNORANT, and coward, they do what the world tells them, monkey see monkey do...

You seem to be fond of taking other peoples words and twisting them around. Whether this is because you are incapable of original thought I don't know, but maybe if I tried it you'd see how annoying an pointless it is.

Easy way out? Thats a lie, the fact is people turn to god because they cant handle the idea of mortality, giving them responsibility to be good and forgiving without a reward afterwards. Thats the whole reason why people become theist, because they are weak, impatient, IGNORANT, and coward, they do what the world tells them, monkey see monkey do...

Thats your last attempt as an atheist, IMMATURITY..WHO EVER BELIEVES IN A GIANT PINK DOUGHNUT? OR PURPLE SQUID MONKEY? OR BOB THE INTERDIMENSIONAL SCIENTIST? OR NATURE AS "CHANCE"? ONLY RETARDS OR DUMB PEOPLE DO, ALL OF THOSE THINGS CANNOT BE PROVEN, SHE SIMPLY BELIEVES OF A PROVEN INTELLIGENT DESIGNER, PERIOD...NOT PURPLE SQUIDMONKEY, U ADDED THAT YOURSELF IN AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE FOOL OF US, BUT THAT JUST PROVED YOU HAVE NO STANCE IN YOUR BELIEF, all this time i have debated with atheists, THAT IS THE BEST ARGUMENT YOU CAN COME OUT OF, HOW PATHETIC, THERES DEFINITELY NOTHING SCIENTIFIC ABOUT THAT,NOTHING...PERIOD...

It's called an A N A L O G Y. Did you pass ninth grade english. Or is english a second language? If so I apoligise. An analogy is when you take a set of circumstances and relate them to another set of similar circumstances in order to prove a point. In this case the analogy was between god and other fictional or make-believe characters. The analogy's point was that to believe in anything just because you don't have all the answers is ridiculous and ultimately stupid.

We dont know everything, BUT WE KNOW THAT THE UNIVERSE IS IN LAW AND ORDER, AND INTELLIGENT DESIGNER IS PROVEN, "CHANCE" ISNT AND IS PROVEN A LIE...PERIOD..

The universe is most definately not in law and order. I have no idea where you picked up this silly notion. I think you're confusing natural laws with sociatal laws. My philosophy teacher taught us this fallacy before. You see societal laws are laws laid down by a intelligent designer(humans) that dictate how things should behave. Things may not behave in this manner, but then they are usually punished in some way. Natural laws are merely observations of how things do behave, the apple falls, it does so because it's in it's nature to fall, not because it fears being put in prison by god. And once again you have stubled upon one truth, quite by accident I'm sure, Chance is a lie.

note: Counselor, Im an expert in debating with atheists, just ask and ill help you out, they have nothing, believe me, I laugh at atheists, to me they are a joke...Just lost souls....

I've seen Counselor's posts and he's much better off without your help. And if your an expert I guess we must declare you master. You a now Master Debater of Sciforums. I pity you, a joke, just another lost mind...

A GIANT PINK DOUGHNUT
I had one of them!! How can you say they don't exsist!!

Whatsupyall, you have proved once more that you are almost incapable of intellegent debate and resort to immature name calling. You are only showing yourself up

Now, here's some advise, stop being so ethnosentric* and see the world for what it really is!!

*Note: I just love this word!!

CC

All the rest is theory and speculation.

It may be theory, but certainly not speculation. There is mountains of evidence to support those theories. You may ask, "What if," but there is no evidence whatsoever to support a God theory.

Yes, I believe in aliens. To think that God only created one planet like ours is ridiculous.

We would certainly be remiss not to expect there are other life forms in the universe ( none of which have visited Earth btw) but their existence and their evolution would be similar to ours. Of course, the conditions in which their existence had originated could most likely be very different than ours, but the premise that all life, no matter where it originates and no matter what conditions are present, will struggle to survive and will evolve.

The complex cellular organisms we see today took more than a billion years to evolve, maybe longer. The first self-reproducing proteins also probably took close to a billion years to develop and evolve. All_in_all, the evolutionary process took several billion years to evolve the life-forms we see today, including man. This would hold true for alien species as well.

One does not need to take a "leap of faith" in order to make semblance of these processes. Instead, we only need to understand that there is simply the complexity of matter coupled with various forms of energy forged in a universe-sized test-tube over huge expanses of time.

Wipe clean the slate of the Earth in which no living organism survives and the entire process will eventually begin again. And after a few billion years, we would see the Earth once again, filled with new life-forms.

I have never seen a gluon, no one has observed a gluon.

Before you go off half-cocked, please take the time to read up on the latest experiments which attempt to detect quark-gluon plasma. You'll be quite surprised from the results.

Scientists have faith in science, I have faith in God. Is there really a big difference here?

Yes, a very huge difference. I'm sure by now you've been reading numerous threads outlining these differences. But as I've stated before, there is only one faith in science, and that is the faith a scientist must acknowledge that no measurement taken is ever influenced by the "supernatural." In other words, the natural cause of events have no underlying Gods manipulating the effects or the results.

Dear musclupyall,

From one Hinduism sprouts about thousands upon thousands of denomination, some are atheist, some are not, some believe in gods, some believe in a god.
Where did you pick this up, dear?

Christianity is founded by Jesus the Christ, BUT CHRISTIANITY NEVER SPLITS from the seed of Abraham and Judaism, ...
Is it?
...theres over 25,000 denominations of christianity today, and each one of them claim to be the real Christian church, some believe Jesus is god, some dont..There are even those who call themself "Non deonimnation christian"...
Ok, ok!

COUNSELOR, I WILL LET YOU BE THE JUDGE...
Lucky Counselor!

You mean Abortion, Internet and "Civiled" way to live are problems this earth will face? So when will this earth face the problem of Internet and what solution does your RCC have for overcoming that?

...trust me I am a hardcore sinner, ...
Ok, I will agree with this bit. It shows.

...but being in this post is my way of getting back to my faith for I was lost in the world for 2 years now, clubbing, violence, sex, drugs, etc. and Im trying to clean myself up,...
Not the right way, I guess! Anyways, it takes time to get out of the hallucinations! But good luck.

I was a catechist teacher 2 years ago, and im trying to get my faith back, so again im sorry for my language and temper...
So even catechist teachers can't linger to faith? Then what is the point?

And where is the promised list of Religious text and scriptures (of religions you know of) that you researched upon before making comments? It is almost a month dear, that you kept me waiting!

It may be theory, but certainly not speculation. There is mountains of evidence to support those theories. You may ask, "What if," but there is no evidence whatsoever to support a God theory.

So you admit that they are all theories? Right now they are just theories, later they may be proven right or wrong. So its a theory but its right... that isnt very logical if you ask me. If there is tons of evidence to prove the theories right then they wouldnt be theories.

God to me is not a theory. I cant find evidence to prove that he exist. You cant find evidence that he doesnt exist. Thats my point right there in bold. Its about faith.

The complex cellular organisms we see today took more than a billion years to evolve, maybe longer. The first self-reproducing proteins also probably took close to a billion years to develop and evolve. All_in_all, the evolutionary process took several billion years to evolve the life-forms we see today, including man. This would hold true for alien species as well.

I reject the THEORY of evolution.

Wipe clean the slate of the Earth in which no living organism survives and the entire process will eventually begin again. And after a few billion years, we would see the Earth once again, filled with new life-forms.

I reject that THEORY to. The point is that if evidence exist then it wouldnt be a theory. It would be the truth.

Before you go off half-cocked, please take the time to read up on the latest experiments which attempt to detect quark-gluon plasma. You'll be quite surprised from the results.

Im not leaving "half-cocked." That statement actually upsets me. Am I coming off like a mean little Jesus freak already? Im trying to explain why I have decided to believe, not to disprove you or anyone else here.

Yes, a very huge difference. I'm sure by now you've been reading numerous threads outlining these differences. But as I've stated before, there is only one faith in science, and that is the faith a scientist must acknowledge that no measurement taken is ever influenced by the "supernatural." In other words, the natural cause of events have no underlying Gods manipulating the effects or the results.

Yeah I have been reading up on the other threads. I don't see a difference between believing in God and believing a theory. Especially if its a theory that your believing in. Because it is just a THEORY. I think Im going to say this again. I can't prove God exist. And you can't prove that he doesn't. What you have shown me is theory. What I have shown you is theory. You have your faith, and I have mine.

Last edited:
Back