Agnostic no more

CounslerCoffee

Registered Senior Member
Im up late tonight, go figure. But I've finally made a decision. I said to myself "Coffee you cant be agnostic forever." So I've made a choice. I have decided to believe in God. Science cannot explain everything. But God does explain an awful lot more then science does.

You might say that Im taking the simple way out. I dont see it that way. I still ask myself many questions. Nevermind what those are.

I have thought about this for a very long time. Im still the same Coffee that you all know... I just have different beliefs now. No more indecision.

Im not going to be the fanatic who talks about King Henry. I will be reasonable, accepting, and compassionate. I will listen to your arguments and do my best to answer your questions.

I have not picked a religion yet (I probably wont), I don't like churches, all they really do is cause more trouble then there worth. Just remember, Im the same coffee. I just believe in God now.

Im going to "borrow" something from a atheist and slightly change it. I believe God excists, but if you prove me wrong, I will become a atheist. I wish I could expect the same in return although I doubt it.

If you can't prove yourself to me, I do not understand how you could hold these beliefs.

Originally posted by CounslerCoffee
So I've made a choice. I have decided to believe in God. Science cannot explain everything. But God does explain an awful lot more then science does.
One question:

What then is the difference between the scientific unknown and God; why not just say 'I don't know'?

~Raithere

Man, I guess offering you pistachio ice cream wasn't enough to convert you to athiesm.

Congrats, Coffee.

One thing:

How did you start believing in God? Was it just like you "snapped" into belief, or did you slowly convince yourself?

AHHHHHHHH

didnt u look up the meaning of agnostic???
ur STILL agnostic

it means u belive in god but not in organised religions

so if u dont pick a church ect then ur agnostic

Wow. Three responses in less then one minute, is that a record?

Xev:
How did you start believing in God? Was it just like you "snapped" into belief, or did you slowly convince yourself?

I very slowly came to the conclusion that God has to exist.

Raithere:
What then is the difference between the scientific unknown and God; why not just say 'I don't know'?

Ive been saying 'I don't know' for a long time. The scientific unknown is God.

it means u belive in god but not in organised religions

Thanks for the info Asguard.

How does believing in god explain anything? If anything, it provides an easy crutch or way out when you can't find an explanation. That's not explaning anything. It's like saying "I don't know what happens when we die, but I'll suddenly believe the soul turns into a giant pink doughnut orbiting a distant chocolate star". Why? It provides no answers, doesn't hold up under any kind of rational scrutiny, and basically explains nothing.

Why accept "I don't know everything so I'll go believe in god"? Why not instead try to learn the unknown things?

PS: Say hi to your bodacious sister for me. :p

Good for you. It takes bravery to go where the search for truth leads you. Congratulations on not succumbing to conformity or predjudice.
Are you going to start a spiritual practice? Meditation? Prayer?

Originally posted by Adam
How does believing in god explain anything? If anything, it provides an easy crutch or way out when you can't find an explanation. That's not explaning anything.

How does "super duper chance" explain anything? And yes, an intelligent designer is proven, deny it all you want, but your stupidity doesnt change FACTS, sorry Adam...
Easy way out? Thats a lie, the fact is people turn to atheism because they cant handle the idea of God, giving them responsibility to be good and forgiving. Thats the whole reason why people become atheist, because they are weak, impatient, IGNORANT, and coward, they do what the world tells them, monkey see monkey do...

It's like saying "I don't know what happens when we die, but I'll suddenly believe the soul turns into a giant pink doughnut orbiting a distant chocolate star". Why? It provides no answers, doesn't hold up under any kind of rational scrutiny, and basically explains nothing.

Thats your last attempt as an atheist, IMMATURITY..WHO EVER BELIEVES IN A GIANT PINK DOUGHNUT? OR PURPLE SQUID MONKEY? OR BOB THE INTERDIMENSIONAL SCIENTIST? OR NATURE AS "CHANCE"? ONLY RETARDS OR DUMB PEOPLE DO, ALL OF THOSE THINGS CANNOT BE PROVEN, SHE SIMPLY BELIEVES OF A PROVEN INTELLIGENT DESIGNER, PERIOD...NOT PURPLE SQUIDMONKEY, U ADDED THAT YOURSELF IN AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE FOOL OF US, BUT THAT JUST PROVED YOU HAVE NO STANCE IN YOUR BELIEF, all this time i have debated with atheists, THAT IS THE BEST ARGUMENT YOU CAN COME OUT OF, HOW PATHETIC, THERES DEFINITELY NOTHING SCIENTIFIC ABOUT THAT,NOTHING...PERIOD...

Why accept "I don't know everything so I'll go believe in god"? Why not instead try to learn the unknown things?

PS: Say hi to your bodacious sister for me. :p

We dont know everything, BUT WE KNOW THAT THE UNIVERSE IS IN LAW AND ORDER, AND INTELLIGENT DESIGNER IS PROVEN, "CHANCE" ISNT AND IS PROVEN A LIE...PERIOD..

note: Counselor, Im an expert in debating with atheists, just ask and ill help you out, they have nothing, believe me, I laugh at atheists, to me they are a joke...Just lost souls....

Coffee,

I lasted about 5 years before I rejected religion.

If you are looking then try Deism http://www.deism.org/ it is the most rational religion around. This was the religion of most of the founders of the USA.

Once again another lie...The fouunding fathers were mostly catholic christians and protestant, and only few were deists...IF YOU READ WEBPAGES FROM "POSTIVE-THE LIARS-ATHEISM.COM" OR "SKEPTICS.COM" YOU WILL NEVER GET THE TRUTH, THEY DONT HAVE COMMITMENT TO TRUTH...I have read some ofthem and they change some of the original quotes TO FIT THEIR OPINIONS AND LIES...

C.Coffee

Whatsupyall just demonstrated, better than I ever could, the folly of religion.

Thanks Whatsupyall.

whatsup,

Mostly? A few? How many founding fathers do you think there were?

Can you list them and provide evidence of their religious beliefs?

Adam:
Why accept "I don't know everything so I'll go believe in God"? Why not instead try to learn the unknown things?

PS: Say hi to your bodacious sister for me

Im still going to do that Adam. Im still going to hold science to the highest regards, if science proves that there is no God then I wont believe anymore. But as of yet it hasn't. Maybe Im just trying to cover my ass and don't even realize it.

Okay.

Whatsupyall:
Counselor, Im an expert in debating with atheists, just ask and ill help you out, they have nothing, believe me, I laugh at atheists, to me they are a joke

Don't laugh at them. Most atheist are nice people. Besides its not nice and you should be respectful of other peoples beliefs.

Are you going to start a spiritual practice? Meditation? Prayer?

No and yes m0rl0ck. I plan on praying, but have yet to choose a religion.

Adam:
Whatsupyall just demonstrated, better than I ever could, the folly of religion.

Thats not the folly of religion, its the folly of some guy. Just because hes getting some stuff wrong and cant prove that God doesn't exist doesn't mean that God does.

You can't prove God, then again you can't disprove it either.

I have not picked a religion yet (I probably wont), I don't like churches, all they really do is cause more trouble then there worth. Just remember, Im the same coffee. I just believe in God now.

Don't pick a religion, weak-minded people rely on religioin, strong-minded people either take advantage of it or don't simply need it.

Im going to "borrow" something from a atheist and slightly change it. I believe God excists, but if you prove me wrong, I will become a atheist. I wish I could expect the same in return although I doubt it.

I'm in your position. Think like an atheist/agnostic but a theist.

If you can't prove yourself to me, I do not understand how you could hold these beliefs.

You are a "weak-theist" or a "strong-agnostic" (like me). I'm glad you realize the potential of taking up this type of belief, you are still a freethinker and you can be on the more positive side of things. :)

Thanks for understand Chosen. FadingCaptain I hate caps.

Don't pick a religion, weak-minded people rely on religioin, strong-minded people either take advantage of it or don't simply need it.

Thats one of the reasons why Ive not pick one. I dont need it and its not going to help me in anyway. I just choose to believe in God.

Once you realize that there is a God, then next step is to search for right religion. You don't have to listen to what churh say, wouldn't you rather be interested in what your heart says? To me my answer was Islam, it happened more or less in a same way what you said but I studied for a while beofore making any decision. May God guide us all to right path.

Back