Aging theories

Its interesting to note that the site is not THE cdc site. Futhermore the claims of medical literature documenting a lifespan of >150 years are untrue. If you want to think of the Bible as a scientific source thats up to you but then i'd have to ask you about if as the bible claims in ?Joshua the Sun really does go around the Earth.
Finally you have neglected to actually back any of your comments with what is commonly called evidence.

It means that we decreasing our upper age(quality) & increasing the quantity at the cost of quality? Nature may be keeping total of all people's ages same, to maintain nature's balance. :) eg; Now: (20+45+55)/3=40, Old: (5+75)/2=40. However old justify--'survival of fittest' rule of nature & future generations more poweful, immune & resistant. Now all weak & strongs are here, but nature says SOF. Can it be a reason or cause of most of modren complications?

John Connellan said:
Exactly! Its a bit much though, don't u think?!

I would imagine WE are the longest lived generation of Homo Sapiens!
Referances of longer age & body(probably this * **) are also available in other ancient litretures. What exactly, I can't say but just for a thought, the upper limit can be somewhat related to atomic life.

You can imagine the same but what about the future. Don't imagine, it is ending or near to end in consideration of nature's balance, as probably, WE are the already longest lived generation of Homo Sapiens!, . :)

If we are reducing our age/body--my other posting can be a reason/logic to the same.

* http://www.umich.edu/~umjains/jainismsimplified/chapter06.html
**http://www.geocities.com/tamiljain/bahubali/pages/bahubali.htm

Last edited:
A lot of exaggeration went on in the days before the 1900's. This is because it was harder to document peoples lives then. There were no birth certs and all that. This is why the Guiness book of Records will not accept any longevity records for people dying before the early 1900's.

That may only be the confusion. So many aspects related to before say about 1925, may be much related to complications due to modren civilization, over-population, pollutions, commercialization etc. like diabetes, cancer, hypertentions, hyper acidity etc. & lastly the effect on our longevity ( not average life). We should compare & judge every complication accordingly to really understand it fully.

I don't think cancer is caused by modern civilisation per se. Cancer has become more widespread this century because people are living longer!

John Connellan said:
I don't think cancer is caused by modern civilisation per se. Cancer has become more widespread this century because people are living longer!
What can basically, mutate cells which then become cancerous?

Some good article indicates:-
An Acid pH Is The Seed-Bed Of Degenerative Diseases:

Cardiovascular Disease: Arteriosclerosis, Heart Attacks, Stroke, High Cholesterol, and High Blood Pressure
All Forms of Cancer
Diabetes, Insulin Sensitivity, Obesity
Neurological Diseases, MS, MD, ALS and Parkinson's disease
Liver & Kidney Disease
Senility, Dementia, Alzheimer's
Immune Deficiencies
Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis & Tooth Loss
Hormonal Imbalances
Premature Aging, Male Prostate Problems

...Inhibits Cellular Regeneration & DNA-RNA Synthesis
For DNA-RNA synthesis and healthy cell proliferation to occur, cell pH must not be acidic. However, cancerous cells grow well in acidic mediums, therefore an acid pH actually accelerates and increases the possibility of cellular mutations (Cancer).

CANCEROUS CELLS DO NOT CONTAIN HYDROGEN ATOMS. WHEN HEALTHY CELLS HAVE PLENTY OF HYDROGEN THEY CANNOT BECOME CANCEROUS. IF WE CAN GET HYDROGEN INTO ANY UNHEALTHY CELLS, THEY CAN HEAL. http://www.snyderhealth.com/acid.htm?acid-diet

Last edited:
Kumar, i suggest you read about Tumour Suppressor Genes and Oncogenes to get a basic understanding of carcinogenesis.

Sorry, I edited & added to my previous post after you posted.

Hello PJ, I am more interested in 'basic/real reason/cause'.

Last edited:
But there can be some relation between free radical & body pHs.
Hydrogen is also vital in maintaining an alkaline biological terrain in the body. Bio-terrain describes whether cellular ph level is acidic (unhealthy) or alkaline (healthy). This terrain, absent of free radical damage, is vital in reversing the acidic chemistry of the body. Converting bio-terrain from acidic to alkaline is a very important function of hydrogen.

Acidic chemistry in the body is the feeding ground of disease. Virtually all cellular waste and most internally-generated toxins are acidic. If a bio-terrain is very acidic, possibly due to high yeast or bacteria content in the stomach,http://www.phisciences.com/anntiaging_lifeextension.html

Back