Abortion v.08.2

I don't think they are worthless trash. I think the woman should be able to keep it or not, according to her wishes.

So it's one life form making the decision for another.

Same case with the death penalty. Awesome, you support it. No problem there because any sane person would.

Then you support the death penalty. Either way, it's not the actual person being killed who is deciding over their own death.

And you also support eugenics.

Great, you're a Nazi;)

A pregnant woman is a special case. We ordinarily like to think there are clear boundries between self and other, but there aren't really. A pregnant woman is both one and two people. Because of this special case, I will side with the fully grown adult human.

A pregnant woman is a special case. We ordinarily like to think there are clear boundries between self and other, but there aren't really. A pregnant woman is both one and two people. Because of this special case, I will side with the fully grown adult human.

A pregnant woman is a woman and her child is a child.

So, if I bump into a pregnant woman on my bike and she falls down and has a miscarriage, I should be executed for murder?

Norsefire-so would you approve if all abortions were put off until there is a 10% chance the baby will survive, then the baby is placed into a nicu? What about before the child can survive on its own?

So, if I bump into a pregnant woman on my bike and she falls down and has a miscarriage, I should be executed for murder?
Manslaughter.Oh and not executed obviously. Whatever the penalty for manslaughter is. It wasn't intentional so it isn't murder.
Norsefire-so would you approve if all abortions were put off until there is a 10% chance the baby will survive, then the baby is placed into a nicu? What about before the child can survive on its own?

Unless there is significant risk to the mother's health, in which case we are FORCED to make a choice, there is no reason for either to die.

What if you found out you had a tumor? The government says you have to live with it, because it could be it's own lifeform. Is this just?

What if you found out you had a tumor? The government says you have to live with it, because it could be it's own lifeform. Is this just?

Tumors are not Human. They never will be and never were, they'll never be conscious or self aware, and never will be able to "live" their own lives and experience the joys of life. That's why cockroaches and Human beings have different values.

Really. You've discussed this with cockroaches, I take it? Know of some overriding cockroachal rules? Fine. I'll re-ask the question.

You go to a bar. You sit down for a drink. You wake up, naked, in a motel room. You are pregnant.(I know you're a guy) What do you do?

Abortion should always be illegal, except in rare cases of rape, incest, or imminent danger to the mother. Anything short of this is a crime against humanity.

Kadark

The following will show some of the risk and dangers involved during pregnancy.

Symptoms
Problem

Pelvic or abdominal pain
Miscarriage, placental abruption

Vaginal Bleeding
Miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, abruption

Continuous back pain
Miscarriage, pre-term labor

Vaginal Fluid
Pre-term labor, pre-term rapture of membranes

Swelling of hands or face
Out went pregnancy with hypertension

Regular contractions before week 37
Pre-term labor

No movement
Fatal distress, fatal demise

Placental Abruption-placenta separates from the wall of the uterus denying oxygen to the baby

Ectopic Pregnancy- pregnancy in which the fertilized ovum implants on many tissue other then the endometrial lining of the uterus

Sounds like imminent danger to me.

To me, going through pregnancy is like climbing a mountain. Rewarding to some, bizarre and unnecessary to others. I don't think women should be allowed to use abortion as birth control, there are more efficient ways of doing that. Otherwise, why limit them?

Abortion should always be illegal, except in rare cases of rape, incest, or imminent danger to the mother. Anything short of this is a crime against humanity.

Why should it be legal in the case of rape, in your opinion?

Really. You've discussed this with cockroaches, I take it? Know of some overriding cockroachal rules? Fine. I'll re-ask the question.

You go to a bar. You sit down for a drink. You wake up, naked, in a motel room. You are pregnant.(I know you're a guy) What do you do?
When I say values, I mean worth. That's why Humans dying is worse than cockroaches dying.

What would I do? An abortion....because in that case it's rape.
Why should it be legal in the case of rape, in your opinion?

I think he's saying, use it as sparingly as you can, in the most extreme circumstances. Otherwise try to avoid it.

I think people should be allowed to have an abortion as long as they agree to be spayed afterwards.

Norsefire said:
I think he's saying, use it as sparingly as you can, in the most extreme circumstances. Otherwise try to avoid it.

I'll ask you the same question.

If you think all life is sacred, why make an exception when a child comes about through rape? Why is rape different? A child is a child is a child. Or isn't it?

What about the rights of the father? This subject is so touchy, each case needs to be individually handled, I know how unreasonable that is, but it's the truth. In cases of rape, obviously the father's consent is not needed for abortion. For under 16, the parents of both families must be informed, and the parents of the mother, the mother, and the father are the ones who make the decision. The parents approving the decision of no abortion by the father and the mother, but if she wants to abort the parents cannot stop her. In cases ABOVE the age of 16, parents can be not notified by request of mother or father, and must be respected. The father and mother must agree to the decision, otherwise the economic standings of the family and maybe aptitude tests and grades may be used if they are discovered to be accurate will be used to determine if the baby will be aborted. That's all of the situations I can think of now, but I know there are more. I think I have covered a fair amount, but please ask me what I think of some certain crazy hypothetical situation which probably will never happen.

Also, does anyone know if you can abort one of the two twins with an abortion?

I'll ask you the same question.

If you think all life is sacred, why make an exception when a child comes about through rape? Why is rape different? A child is a child is a child. Or isn't it?

Few mothers wish to bear a child who every time she looks at him will remind her of probably the worst moment of her life. She has suffered so much, any further suffering is inhumane.

Few mothers wish to bear a child who every time she looks at him will remind her of probably the worst moment of her life. She has suffered so much, any further suffering is inhumane.

As a pro-choicer, I have no problem with that.

But if you're pro-life, then you supposedly believe that at the moment of conception a precious human life has been created, and that bit of life ought to have all the rights and privileges of every other human being.

So, it puzzles me why a pro-lifer would throw all his principles out the window as soon as he hears that the precious life was created as a result of rape. Who cares how the baby came about? A baby is a baby, by the logic of the pro-lifer.

Why would the pro-lifer suddenly start caring whether the mother will be reminded of the rape whenever she looks at her child? The mother's feelings and choices have never mattered before. So, why now, all of a sudden?

As a pro-choicer, I have no problem with that.

But if you're pro-life, then you supposedly believe that at the moment of conception a precious human life has been created, and that bit of life ought to have all the rights and privileges of every other human being.

So, it puzzles me why a pro-lifer would throw all his principles out the window as soon as he hears that the precious life was created as a result of rape. Who cares how the baby came about? A baby is a baby, by the logic of the pro-lifer.

Why would the pro-lifer suddenly start caring whether the mother will be reminded of the rape whenever she looks at her child? The mother's feelings and choices have never mattered before. So, why now, all of a sudden?

Damned good point!

Back