A world with a loving God.

Utterly false post.
I'm afraid (Q) has has called you out, kx000.

you have stated that happiness is what you decide, that to be happy one must have Jesus.
True. Here:
I'm just telling you how to save yourself. I as a angel can show you the way, but you must walk the path on your own.

You need Jesus to be happy as it is divine, and if your not happy and or unholy you would naturally and understandably be found in hell. It's part of my religion to tolerate evil and suffering, and if you didnt tolerate them you would suffer.

you decided that I am going to hell because my happiness is not your happiness. That's intolerance, end of story.
True. Here:
Your going to hell because you dont do the things it requires to be happy...

Kx000: You are preaching. This is a violation of forum rules:

"Preaching is ... stating how people should or should not act, as if the sermon itself were self-evidently true."
http://www.sciforums.com/threads/sciforums-site-rules.142880/

Again, why is this a problem?
It's a problem because frequently when you don't get YOUR way via threating us with burning in hell for eternity, you try to enforce your way by SECULAR LAW

:)

It's a problem because frequently when you don't get YOUR way via threating us with burning in hell for eternity, you try to enforce your way by SECULAR LAW

:)

The devil is a friend to me. Just because you go to hell doesnt mean anything about your character (necessarily) it can be fun. If you want to come with me to Heaven that would be fine.

I dont believe in secular law, I think unholieness is evil.

Non-believers go to hell because they are skeptical.
Let me get this straight.

You believe your God created all of us, including you, the believer, and us skeptics. Right?
Your God chooses to allow skepticism in his universe, even if he does not a approve of it.

My question to you is: why did your God set up this trap in order send people to hell? Why did he deliberately create people who are able to reason skeptically, only to condemn them to a hell that he also created when they use the faculties that he decided to give them?

Your God sounds like an immoral bully.

You believe your God created all of us, including you, the believer, and us skeptics. Right?
Your God chooses to allow skepticism in his universe, even if he does not a approve of it.

My question to you is: why did your God set up this trap in order send people to hell? Why did he deliberately create people who are able to reason skeptically, only to condemn them to a hell that he also created when they use the faculties that he decided to give them?

Skeptics and wrong doers are part of nature.

Skeptics and wrong doers are part of nature.
Why is it that you never actually address the content of what is put to you? Why don't you answer direct questions?

It's like you're off in some kind of private religious fairyland of your own, only vaguely connected to the real world in which these posts appear. Every now and then your world comes close enough to the dimension the rest of us live in that you manage to insert a random piece of religious dogma. I'm not sure if you can manage to post more than a sentence fragment or so at a time. Then the fog envelops you again.

Does that religious fog ever clear enough for you to concentrate on the questions people are putting to you, or on what they are telling you?

The purpose of posting on a discussion forum is usually to have a discussion. At least, that's what most of us use them for.

If you want to come with me to Heaven that would be fine.

What makes you think you're going to heaven? God can see what you're doing, he knows you're telling others what to do and what to believe, and he knows you're threatening them with hell, something only God can do. You are pretending to be God and you will answer for that. Because if heaven is filled with people like you, then that would just be another kind of hell.

To give the skeptics their worthy existence.

My bold.

If energy is a property, then what is your energy a property of, if there is '' absolutely nothing''? No space, no fields, ''no time''.
Can you give an exmple of energy without using the concept of time and place/space?
Time-energy uncertainty entails potential energy.

No you don't. You think it came from God. God isn't nothing. (Or do you think God is nothing?)
After a manner, yes.

I'll take a crack at this.

Free will. In order to be truly free, you must be allowed the real potential to make catastrophic mistakes. God didn't create believers and skeptics. It created people, who then make their own choices. And those choices can lead to the subjective experience of heaven or hell, all without any input from a God.

But you seem to imply that people who believe don't "use the faculties that he decided to give them". That seems biased, if not outright insulting. Care to rephrase that?

Free will. In order to be truly free, you must be allowed the real potential to make catastrophic mistakes. God didn't create believers and skeptics. It created people, who then make their own choices. And those choices can lead to the subjective experience of heaven or hell, all without any input from a God.

If skepticism is a catastrophic mistake, what is killing millions of people? Even if I lead a good life, I'll still be sitting next to Hitler and Stalin roasting marshmallows for simply being skeptical.

But you seem to imply that people who believe don't "use the faculties that he decided to give them". That seems biased, if not outright insulting. Care to rephrase that?

I would agree that it's insulting when people don't use the faculties they were given. Surely, not a single person goes through their day without using some skepticism. Perhaps, you're implying there are things skepticism should and should not be used or should not apply? I didn't notice any switches to turn skepticism on and off.

Back