a simple question

Re: Re: Re: a simple question

Originally posted by Vienna
Jesus was the Son of God, mohammed wasn't.

And it was simple to answer wasn't it. :)

hey i am christian dont get me wrong i just dont think it is write to question other peoples beliefs, after all someone could say in reply to you last message, mohammed is god and jesus wasn't his son. i dont believe that but it is a hard point to argue so go suck a dick you dumb fuck

In answer to all of you:

Jesus was NOT the son of God. Plain. Very simple.

He was a human corporeal person, who ate and drank, voided, slept. He was a child, grew into a man. A created being can not be eternal.
If Jesus was God, how did he suffer at the hands of humans, his own creation? How did he suffer being crucified? How was your God frightened of the Jews?? According to Christian beliefs, the Jews killed Christ/God. So you're telling me that the Jews-humans, killed God, the Master of the Universe? What happend to this world, while God was temporarily dead?
And was not Jesus a worshipper of God? umm, he worshipped himself then? There is zero logic in the trinity.

Originally posted by miss khan
In answer to all of you:

He was a human corporeal person, who ate and drank, voided, slept. He was a child, grew into a man. A created being can not be eternal.
If Jesus was God, how did he suffer at the hands of humans, his own creation? How did he suffer being crucified? How was your God frightened of the Jews?? According to Christian beliefs, the Jews killed Christ/God. So you're telling me that the Jews-humans, killed God, the Master of the Universe? What happend to this world, while God was temporarily dead?
And was not Jesus a worshipper of God? umm, he worshipped himself then? There is zero logic in the trinity.

you have a really poor understanding of christianity, you really dont have any idea what your talking about. thats like me saying to a budist, hey if budah was so smart why was he a fat cunt?

you have a really poor understanding of christianity, you really dont have any idea what your talking about. thats like me saying to a budist, hey if budah was so smart why was he a fat cunt?

So educate me. Can you explain to me rationally, logically, how you can believe that Jesus was the son of God?

Originally posted by Medicine*Woman
Originally posted by jcarl
----------
M*W: I read your post, but it doesn't make sense to me. You said, "Every thing is less than God, otherwise God wouldn't be God as such."

Given God's omnipotence, how could creation be inferior to the creator? What purpose would God have in creating an inferior humanity?

Why make us inferior? Why would God make us as his equal? And it creation could be inferior to the creator(the carbuilder makes the car but that doesn't make the car his equal.)

Humanity is not "adding" anything to its creator. Humanity is the creator. God plus the human race is not equal to a lesser God or a greater human race. The human race is equal to God. God is the human race.

Then how did we create ourselves? obviously you believe in Evolution(which would also say that God doesn't exist), then wouldn't you argue that our existence is based on natural selection, et al not on ourselves?

If God is omnipotent, why do you think God "cannot manifest himself outside of who he truly is?" And if you believe God created you, yet you believe the human race is inferior, are you saying that God created you as some kind of sick joke?

God can do everything within his perfection, meaning that he cannot sin, be unjust, ignorance, etc. It can be better stated that God is "limited" by the fact that he can't have limits. A sick joke? No...God gave us life that he may love us, and that we may have fellowship with him.

If God "cannot manifest himself outside of his "perfections" (perfect creation?), "otherwise he wouldn't be be worthy of worship." It sure sounds like you are demeaning the omnipotence of God!

By perfections, I mean God is limited by the fact that he has no limits. He can not be finite, weak, naive, etc. I really don't know how else to explain it.

You fail to see that not only did God create humanity, God dwells within humanity. The Creator = Humanity--Humanity = God.

Going back to the Evolution thing which you profess. If this is indeed true, then can you point out to me an animal with morality?

So educate me. Can you explain to me rationally, logically, how you can believe that Jesus was the son of God?
Hello miss khan

To understand the fact that Jesus is the son of God you first have to grasp an understanding of the Trinity.

God is a trinity of persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father is not the same person as the Son; the Son is not the same person as the Holy Spirit; and the Holy Spirit is not the same person as Father. They are not three gods and not three beings. They are three distinct persons; yet, they are all the one God.

The doctrine of the Trinity is arrived at by looking at the whole of scripture, not in a single verse. It is the doctrine that there is only one God, not three, and that the one God exists in three persons: Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. An analogy would be time. Time is past, present, and future. But, there are not three times, only one.

It is so much simpler and more beautiful to believe in one God alone, Who alone holds power over all things, and does not need to be broken up into parts to be understood.

It is so much simpler and more beautiful to believe in one God alone, Who alone holds power over all things, and does not need to be broken up into parts to be understood.
Simplicity, beauty and understanding are in the eyes and mind of the beholder.

In answer to all of you:

If Jesus was God, how did he suffer at the hands of humans, his own creation?

As God, Jesus had the full attributes of God. However there are times when he willingly surrendered the exercise therof. This covers all of your questions except:

What happend to this world, while God was temporarily dead?[/B]
One thing you must understand is that Jesus was fully God and Man simultaneously. His physical body was dead. Jesus's spiritual body wasn't.

See two paragraphs above.

Allah's revelation (S 109 A1-6): "Say: 'O disbelievers! I worship not that which you worship, nor will you worship that which I worship. And I shall not worship that which you are worshiping, nor will you worship that which I worship. To you be your religion, and to me my religion "

Jesus was fully God and Man simultaneously
?????????????????? But God created man. So, he was fully Creator and created simultaneously?
I really don't understand.

"To you be your religion, and to me my religion "
My religion makes sense to me.

As vienna said
Simplicity, beauty and understanding are in the eyes and mind of the beholder.
As is religion

Allah's revelation (S 109 A1-6): "Say: 'O disbelievers! I worship not that which you worship, nor will you worship that which I worship. And I shall not worship that which you are worshiping, nor will you worship that which I worship. To you be your religion, and to me my religion "
Sounds fair enough to me miss khan - you believe what you want - and I'll believe what I want.
:)

But what is your point in stating the obvious?

And please don't start preaching Islam to me, you'd be wasting your time.

Do you realize that the Bible/Christianity as a religion was not even documented or written down until hundreds of years after Jesus? I am sure this is not news for you. How can you not see then, that CHANGES have been made to the original message of Jesus. He only preached in the ONENESS, I repeat the ONENESS of God, as did all the other messengers including Muhammad (pbuh).
This is untrue. The term Christian was first used by the christians of Antioch. It is mentioned in Acts and I would suppose Acts is written 50AD. Further, Christians before that time would call themselves members of "the way". If you do not trust what is contained in the bible, the writings of Ignatius are from 100AD and present quite a well-developed theology.

Oneness cannot be expressed by one person. It is the cumulative effect of a joint will.

Back