a simple question

jcarl

Starving...Why Wait?
Registered Senior Member
To all Muslims, I have a question for you. What makes Mohammed better than Jesus?

His explosive personality, maybe!

I'm really glad our userids are anonymous.

Originally posted by Vienna
Are you serious???

LOL! :D

Go for the kill my muslim buddies

I like to know what other people think/what leads people to think and/or believe certain things. What I want to know is what convinces Muslims that Mohammed is superior to Jesus.

" Knowing the other and knowing oneself,
In a hundred battles no danger"-Sun Tzu

Well at least we know Mohammed actually lived, we can't say the same thing for JC.

Originally posted by jcarl
I like to know what other people think/what leads people to think and/or believe certain things. What I want to know is what convinces Muslims that Mohammed is superior to Jesus.
Basically there is no difference to Christians belief in Jesus than Muslims belief in Mohammed, its all a matter of choice and preference.

Originally posted by Cris
There is doubt???

The point is that is you don't believe that Jesus existed, yet you except that Mohammed existed. So I ask you why? I'm not saying that i believe that Mohammed didn't exist(it had to start somewhere) but if you doubt one person's then why not show the same skepticism toward all?

originally posted by Vienna
Basically there is no difference to Christians belief in Jesus than Muslims belief in Mohammed, its all a matter of choice and preference.
Just in my opinion, that is an enormous generalization.

Jcarl,

The point is that is you don't believe that Jesus existed, yet you except that Mohammed existed. So I ask you why?
There are significant eye witness accounts for M but there is no equivalent evidence for J.

…if you doubt one person's then why not show the same skepticism toward all?
My doubt is not arbitrary, there is evidence for one but not the other.

Not a Mualim, but I just want to tell you about what I think.

He is not better than Jesus, neither is Jesus better than Mohammed. We are all created equal. And it is who is greater than who question that had separated us and cause many of the world's problems. What's the point in all this, we are all one afterall.

Originally posted by Cris
Jcarl,

There are significant eye witness accounts for M but there is no equivalent evidence for J.

First off, can you point me to some references. Secondly, what makes these eye witness accounts credible? Did someone follow Mohammed with a pen/pad taking down everything he did? By the way some people think on this forum, that would be the only way to prove somebody existed.

Originally posted by Hevene

He is not better than Jesus, neither is Jesus better than Mohammed. We are all created equal. And it is who is greater than who question that had separated us and cause many of the world's problems. What's the point in all this, we are all one afterall.

There can only be one truth. Anything contrary to that truth is not truth. If what Mohammed teaches is truth, then what Jesus, Buddha, et al must be false, and vice versa. We are equally created, but we are not equal from then on.

Originally posted by spidergoat
It has everything to do with what your parents believed.

That may be true to a degree, but how does that explain how people of one religion are converted to another?

People can still make individual choices, but I think it is significant that most people who were brought up to believe something actually do. It is a form of mental violence to brainwash your children into believing the same things you do.

Originally posted by Hevene
Not a Mualim, but I just want to tell you about what I think.

----------
M*W: Hey, I really like you! Keep up the posts!

There can only be one truth. Anything contrary to that truth is not truth. If what Mohammed teaches is truth, then what Jesus, Buddha, et al must be false, and vice versa. We are equally created, but we are not equal from then on.
Don't Muslims(someone get me on this, very limited knowledge here) believe in Jesus too, just that he wasn't the Messiah, he was just another prophet? That would make them about even, I'd think. One's teachings were put into practice by one group, and the other got another group.

Truth?

Originally posted by jcarl
There can only be one truth. Anything contrary to that truth is not truth
Such a narrow definition will not serve. Concepts can by contradictory yet true. The Sun is an enemy to the man dying of thirst in the desert but a friend to those caught in the depths of winter. Light both a particle and a wave. An electron may be in more than one place at a time. Reality is not constrained by our conceptions. How much less so must God be?

~Raithere

Back