9 whales vs a human... which one would you chose?

9 whales vs 1 human, which one will it be?

• Save the whales, 9 living creatures vs one!

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Save the human, we must defend our species.

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • I can't make up my mind.

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

chris4355

Registered Senior Member
Pretend you have a chance to save 9 whales, or one human being... which would it be.

Assuming the 9 whales are perfectly healthy whales, and the human being is a responsible and admirable person.

PS: If you don't like whales for whatever reason just replace it with your favorite animal.

not on anything specific, it just depends in general:p (our lectures are really big on the "nothing is black and white" ATM:p)

whales are better than people( except for maybe bottlenose dolphins. the whole gang rape and infanticide things). so I got to go with whales.

Pretend you have a chance to save 9 whales, or one human being... which would it be.

Assuming the 9 whales are perfectly healthy whales, and the human being is a responsible and admirable person.

PS: If you don't like whales for whatever reason just replace it with your favorite animal.

Why would I save a human vs 9 whales, hell yea the whales!

The humans, of course. I think we should restore the Earth's whale population and then hunt them as a sustainable source of oil.

Pretend you had to make the choice now... and you had 5 seconds... GO!

I would want more information, like where the humans came from.

What if the Genie, or whatever it was, was to say:
Foolish human, you have saved nine whales but you yourself must die.:eek:

Human. It's nice to save whales and all, but not at the expense of a human life. I don't think I'd sacrifice a human life to save entire species of whale, let alone a few individuals.

Whales are in the "cute and they remind us of ourselves" camp, which is the only reason there is any equivalency. Would you sacrifice a human life to save nine cockroaches? How about 50 sewer rats? 1,000 ants? Ten billion yersinia pestis bacteria? How many ladybugs does one need for to make their lives worth that of one human?

You're afraid of whales?

desperately. I feel my heart race when I see them on TV or in a magazine.

:runaway: MY NIGHTMARE!!!!

right-whales-475.jpg

Back