6-6-6

Thoreau

Valued Senior Member
No, I'm not talking about the dyslexic version of Herman Cain's dead tax plan.

Has anyone seriously looked into the 666 consiracy information out there? I'm not even Christian, yet some of the information about various aspects about 666 are VERY compelling.

I watched a show about it some TV the other day. If I could remember wtf it was called, I'd reference it here. But no luck on my part.

No, I'm not talking about the dyslexic version of Herman Cain's dead tax plan.

Has anyone seriously looked into the 666 consiracy information out there? I'm not even Christian, yet some of the information about various aspects about 666 are VERY compelling.

I watched a show about it some TV the other day. If I could remember wtf it was called, I'd reference it here. But no luck on my part.

I can only tell you the Biblical meaning.

666 appears four times in the Bible, the last reference to it exists in the book of revelations. Interestingly one of the 666 appearances purports to the number of Gold pieces Solomon receieved, another one mentions 666 members of a tribe, I believe they return later counting as 667. Some think it was a mistake in the Bible, others think this increased number is some kind of message, maybe a ''victory over the beast.'' I forget what the last 666 refers to.

6 is the number of imperfectness. 666 then it is the trinity of imperfectness, much like you have a Trinitarian God. The ancient Chaldeans also used what is called today as Theomatics. It is the application of a numerological base of numbers to the letters of the Greek and Hebrew alphabet (or aleph-bet even).

Interestingly, when the number system is applied to the greek alphabet, Christs name decodes as 888, where 8 is considered eternity (it is afterall the infinity symbol set upright) in the numerological interpretation of the Bible, where the number 4 is the number of life. Vernon Jenkins (Dr) has studied the numerological side of the Bible. I even found compelling evidence once of a structure in the literature yielding very interesting mathematics.

Nice to see you again Mzboy.

I can only tell you the Biblical meaning.

666 appears four times in the Bible, the last reference to it exists in the book of revelations. Interestingly one of the 666 appearances purports to the number of Gold pieces Solomon receieved, another one mentions 666 members of a tribe, I believe they return later counting as 667. Some think it was a mistake in the Bible, others think this increased number is some kind of message, maybe a ''victory over the beast.'' I forget what the last 666 refers to.

6 is the number of imperfectness. 666 then it is the trinity of imperfectness, much like you have a Trinitarian God. The ancient Chaldeans also used what is called today as Theomatics. It is the application of a numerological base of numbers to the letters of the Greek and Hebrew alphabet (or aleph-bet even).

Interestingly, when the number system is applied to the greek alphabet, Christs name decodes as 888, where 8 is considered eternity (it is afterall the infinity symbol set upright) in the numerological interpretation of the Bible, where the number 4 is the number of life. Vernon Jenkins (Dr) has studied the numerological side of the Bible. I even found compelling evidence once of a structure in the literature yielding very interesting mathematics.

Nice to see you again Mzboy.

Wow! Thanks for sharing!

To supplement the comments above, check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therion_(Thelema)#The_Number_of_Therion_and_the_numerology_thereof

But hurry, Wikipedia is going to do a 24-hr blackout on Jan 18.

I can add that in some circles it is believed that 666 is a coded reference to Nero. In Revelations, the seven seals, churches, etc., may just symbolize the seven regions or the Roman Empire that were feared to suffer most under Roman oppression of Jews (and later Christians). I think I got this from Isaac Asimov, but couldn't find the reference.

Here's a piece of trivia for you, the way the actual number looks in the "original" document (at least the oldest there is):

OF9ad.png

Numbers on roulette adds up to 666, but on the more serious note...

Revelation 13:18 says the following:

"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is a man's number. His number is 666."

This beast, regarded by some as the Anti-Christ described by John, is thus related to the number 666, one of the greatest mysteries of the Bible.

Curiously enough, if you take the sine of 666º, you get -0.80901699, which is one-half of negative phi, or perhaps what one might call the "anti-phi." You can also get -0.80901699 by taking the cosine of 216º, and 216 is 6 x 6 x 6.

The trigonometric relationship of sine 666º to phi is based on an isosceles triangle with a base of phi and sides of 1. When this triangle is enclosed in a circle with a radius of 1, we see that the lower line, which has an angle of 306º on the first rotation and 666º on the second rotation, has a sine equal to one-half negative phi.

In this we see the unity of phi divided into positive and negative, analogous perhaps to light and darkness or good and evil. Could this "sine" be a "sign" as well?

In addition, 666 degrees is 54 degrees short of the complete second circle and when dividing the 360 degrees of a circle by 54 degrees you get 6.66... The other side of a 54 degree angle in a right angle is 36 degrees and 36 divided by 54 is .666.

Phi appears throughout creation, and in every physical proportion of the human body. In that sense it is the number of mankind, as the mysterious passage of Revelation perhaps reveals.
http://www.goldennumber.net/bible.htm

Which is rather amusing..

w031224c103.jpg

Well, according to the Bible, which I don't believe, the world was created in 6 days... anything under the skies of Earth resembling this pattern to the ancient chaldeans would not have been too surprising.

Shame about all the effort folks have gone to, to try and demonstrate some mystic significance to the number 666, when it's a mis-translation, and the actual number is 616.

Shame about all the effort folks have gone to, to try and demonstrate some mystic significance to the number 666, when it's a mis-translation, and the actual number is 616.

I have heard this and read about it. I think that number appears in the Greek text. Not too sure if it appears in the Hebrew text.

Right, just as expected. It is a variant found in some Greek texts. It could be argued that 616 is not the number of the beast.

It could have been an error as well, since the same text speaks the number of the beast

''In the Novum Testamentum Graece, the number is represented by the final three words, ἑξακόσιοι ἑξήκοντα ἕξ, meaning "six hundred sixty-six":''

So what you really have are two conflicting numbers within the same text most likely an error or mistranslation.

I haven't even read this article of wiki, but it seems that it probably was an error, as I further provide reference:

''Although Irenaeus (2nd century AD) affirmed the number to be 666 and reported several scribal errors of the number, there is still doubt by a minority of theologians about the original reading[10]''

You see, the number 666 is important for the theomatical reasons I gave, including the symmetry, palindromic nature of 666, along with 777 and 888. The number 777 can be theomatically recovered from the first line of the Bible, from the very first three nouns. 888 can be recovered later from the Greek text of John.

Superstition does my head in sometimes, but sometimes it can work in your favour. My brother has just purchased a house for 50k less than its market value, cos the seller had it on the market for 4 years!!! It is a lovely house in good condition perfect for a young familly. The only flaw it had which was putting people off was its No 13. My brother is laughing all the way to the bank, and now he says he is going to apply to the council to change the door number to 12b so he does not have the same problem when he wants to sell it.

Superstition does my head in sometimes, but sometimes it can work in your favour. My brother has just purchased a house for 50k less than its market value, cos the seller had it on the market for 4 years!!! It is a lovely house in good condition perfect for a young familly. The only flaw it had which was putting people off was its No 13. My brother is laughing all the way to the bank, and now he says he is going to apply to the council to change the door number to 12b so he does not have the same problem when he wants to sell it.

666 does not need to be seen as one of superstition alone. It can be seen as one of an intriguing part of our history where men longer than a thousand years have philosophically-debated over.

I don't believe in the Devil. Just interested in history and what the men who wrote the Bible was inferring to when speaking of the 'Great Mystery'.

Personally, I think I know the mystery.

666 is incidently the value of NERO, the name of ceaser in theomatics. He was a ruthless dictator at the time who slaughtered Christians left right and center.

Since his name calculates to this, it seems likely the Chaldeans were hinting at this man.

The idea that the three heads represented 666 is more of an outlandish claim.

Back