50 reasons why religion is B.S.

The underlying truth could be that the Bible is a book about nothing.

Cyperium

No book is about nothing.

I said could be. Granted, the Bible is a collection of thoughts. The Bible is about what scribes think is the word, life and adventures of a mythical being they believe exists (although Job appears to be deliberate satire).

Since God cannot be proven either way then it is ridiculous to believe there is a book of absolute truth about Him. He is or He isn't. There is nothing left to say that means anything since nothing is truly known. Ergo a book about nothing, sort of.

I said could be. Granted, the Bible is a collection of thoughts. The Bible is about what scribes think is the word, life and adventures of a mythical being they believe exists (although Job appears to be deliberate satire).

Since God cannot be proven either way then it is ridiculous to believe there is a book of absolute truth about Him. He is or He isn't. There is nothing left to say that means anything since nothing is truly known. Ergo a book about nothing, sort of.
I believe that there is a certain amount of truth in the Bible, it's not every book that deals with truth and so there must be some inspiration and truth within it. To what level is hard to know though.

It does cover that subject so to say and to claim that the writers had no thought behind what they wrote is wrong - then if you believe everything or nothing that is up to you more or less.

Back