2045: The Year Man Becomes Immortal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm trying really hard here, so please be patient...

First, what is "hith"?
"camed" - OK, I think I can deal with that one - "came" is most likely. Correct?

Yup, I edited and corrected that one. My speech patterns are broken. :p

So you are saying that the mind and the body are the same thing, or that the mind is part of the body, or something similar. Right?
That's right. Mind being part of the body.

If so, wouldn't it be great if we could modify that something in such a way as to increase lifespan, intelligence and potential productivity to a point approaching infinity? Kind of like a "singularity"?
Definitely !

If you agree with this, then we are reduced to arguing over the potential feasibility and implementation of said augmentation. Or perhaps your quarrel is with the particular year predicted in the thread title?
In a way yeah, I fear that things move too slowly. Right again.

If I am interpreting this correctly, you are simply reinforcing the idea that the functions of the "mind" arise from an organ within the body. Most likely the brain... Am I getting close?
Right on the point.

Later edit:

Still awaiting confirmation of this... :m:

I do understand you, sorry for being brief in my response.

Yup, I edited and corrected that one. My speech patterns are broken. :p

That's right. Mind being part of the body.

Definitely !

In a way yeah, I fear that things move too slowly. Right again.

Right on the point.
Perfect. Have a great night... ;)

good solid post.
Good info...

I had a vague recollection of something similar, and after a little meditation, I finally remembered. The longest living "creature" known to man:
220px-Quakingfallcolors.JPG

Aspens
As all trees in a given clonal colony are considered part of the same organism, one clonal colony, named Pando, is considered the heaviest[2] and oldest[1] living organism at six million kilograms and approximately 80,000 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back