2012: The "end"

Except that someone, (I think it was Skinwalker, many many threads ago) pointed out: they didn't actually predict anything, that just happens to be the end of their calender.
So what you're doing is the equivalent of panicking on December 25th because there's less than a week of existence left: it must mean the end of everything 'cos the calender doesn't go any further...
You're right, they could've just stopped their calendar. But because of all the other predictions and prophecies, some of which came true by the way (such as the one about the Spaniards discovering the New World that was predicted ON THE EXACT DAY)

To be honest, I want Judgement Day to be real. Humanity today disgusts me.

And if you look hard enough (or hang around woo woos long enough) EVERY prophecy will turn out to have something that agrees with it.
And so far they've all been somewhat less than accurate.

And if you are right about
then you're wrong about 2048.
The generation that FOUNDED Israel must have been born before 1948... :rolleyes:
Some prophecies are rather incredible though, for instance the ones that predict with detail.

Yea before 1948 but not necessarily that long; it could be 1947:shrug:

Nonetheless, sometime between now and 2048 if the prophecy is true.

Pffft, not according to the military when they plan equipment replacements by half-generation.
:)

Heh!:D

But if you decide to find out how the term "generation" has been used for humans, just do a quick Google and you'll find the number of 30 years all over the place. Twenty is 50% too small.;) I've forgotten (since it's been so long ago that I read it) but there's actually some sound mathematical/statistical reasoning behind settling on the number 30.

(such as the one about the Spaniards discovering the New World that was predicted ON THE EXACT DAY)
Out of how many (if actually true), compared to the number of incorrect ones?
Fire enough bullets and you get a bullseye.
Ignore all the misses and declare you're a dead shot...:rolleyes:

Some prophecies are rather incredible though, for instance the ones that predict with detail.
What's even more incredible is how people "adjust" the facts and their perception to convince themselves the prediction was correct in its detail.

Yea before 1948 but not necessarily that long; it could be 1947:shrug:
One year-olds do not found states: you have to be looking at, say, the politicians - they were the founders. Probably born around 1900, give or take 10 years...

Nonetheless, sometime between now and 2048 if the prophecy is true.
See line above: we're probably well past.
A true prophecy?
Unlikely.

Out of how many (if actually true), compared to the number of incorrect ones?
Fire enough bullets and you get a bullseye.
Ignore all the misses and declare you're a dead shot...
Most of the people who make correct ones make most of them correct

Nostradamus. Are you saying nostradamus was an idiot?
What's even more incredible is how people "adjust" the facts and their perception to convince themselves the prediction was correct in its detail.
Nobody adjusted anything; it said " on [insert day here] white skinned bearded gods shall arrive on the land]

And Cortez did.
One year-olds do not found states: you have to be looking at, say, the politicians - they were the founders. Probably born around 1900, give or take 10 years...
They could still be the colonists
See line above: we're probably well past.
A true prophecy?
Unlikely.
We'll see

Most of the people who make correct ones make most of them correct
Rubbish.
It's a hit and miss process.

Nostradamus. Are you saying nostradamus was an idiot?
Nope. Not all.
Nostradamus was a total nut ball.

Nobody adjusted anything; it said " on [insert day here] white skinned bearded gods shall arrive on the land]
Small correction: if it said that it most definitely wasn't him. it was someone "translating" his work AFTER the event.
I've read some of his *cough* work, in the original.
It says nothing at all straight, not one single phrase is a straight statement: it is so bloody convoluted (even allowing for the fact that the language itself is very old fashioned) that ANYTHING at all can be made of.
It's a Times crossword clue mixed with a sudoku and then written backwards for all the "predictive" capabilities it's supposed to have.

I do know about Nostradamus/ predictions and their reliability.
Dollars?
Pfft, make it guineas old chap.

Nostradamus predicted alot of things that came true
Only after the "translators" got through with his work - i.e. retroactive predictions.
Not exactly useful.

Guineas? You mean guinea pigs?:confused:
No my dear chap, a guinea is 21 shillings (old money), 105% of a pound sterling.
Gentlemen never wager with pounds or lesser denominations, it's vulgar.

And again, if you want something out of Nostradamus, astronomy is good place to begin,
many of hes poems includes astrological references.... ;)

Newton beleived the end of the world would be 6060ad, if i have the numbers right. That's after 2012 on the Gregorian calander.

Back