12yo pregnancy

If you lower the age, the amount of kids having sex below it will probably not decrease.
And you might be forgetting that sex can result in babies. We don't want an increase in 14 year old moms, do we ?

It makes it more likely these young teens will have access to better birth control.

I don't think 14 year olds are responsible enough. And they shouldn't have to be..

no they shouldnt be, kids should be allowed to be kids and not grow up to fast and besides we dont want a whole lot of 14yr olds being mums

i know that if my daughter was having sex at 14 i would be mad, and i would rip her BF's head off

How many kids under 16 are having sex ?, Is the number not increasing everyday ?

That is why they need to criminalize sex for children under the age of consent, whether or not the partner is also under the age of consent too. IMO, that 12 year old should be forced to have an abortion. That is absolutely pathetic. That kid's and the father's life are now ruined.

That is why they need to criminalize sex for children under the age of consent, whether or not the partner is also under the age of consent too. IMO, that 12 year old should be forced to have an abortion. That is absolutely pathetic. That kid's and the father's life are now ruined.

That is the stupidest thing I've heard all day, but it's still early.

Prosecute children for having sex? For doing what is most natural for humans to do?

An abortion is also medically risky on a young woman, and forcing an abortion is emotionally damaging and a violation of human rights.

I think that criminalization of sex (a natural act) is stupid! So when you catch these children having sex what are you going to do lock them up in jail and give them a criminal record so they can’t find a decent job when they get older? Make them feel bad about themselves and give them a permanent stigma of being less than others because they acted on natural instincts? Then more problems happen as they have to free load off the social systems because they have criminal records and are considered an outcast by the very stuck up conservatives who come up with such stupid laws. The money tax payers will spend to uphold such laws, the trials and jail time and the social programs will be in the millions of dollars each month. Yea great idea!

That is the stupidest thing I've heard all day, but it's still early.

Prosecute children for having sex? For doing what is most natural for humans to do?

An abortion is also medically risky on a young woman, and forcing an abortion is emotionally damaging and a violation of human rights.

Yes. These stupid kids having sex at such young ages need to be brought under control. These children are ruining their lives. What are the prospects of them making anything of their lives? Sure they can, but the chances have just been significantly altered not in their favor. Is that child even capable of raising a child? It is not violating human rights. She is still a minor.

I know that if I would have opted to have children, especially if it was a male, I would have had him put on depro-provera as soon as puberty hit until he was 18. There are parents now that are opting to do this to curb the sexual appetite of minors before adulthood.

Yes. These stupid kids having sex at such young ages need to be brought under control. These children are ruining their lives. What are the prospects of them making anything of their lives? Sure they can, but the chances have just been significantly altered not in their favor. Is that child even capable of raising a child? It is not violating human rights. She is still a minor.

I know that if I would have opted to have children, especially if it was a male, I would have had him put on depro-provera as soon as puberty hit until he was 18. There are parents now that are opting to do this to curb the sexual appetite of minors before adulthood.

A friend of mine was a mother at 15, and she's a nurse.

A child is a human being, ergo it's a violation of human rights. Abortion is painful and comes with all kinds of health risks. No one can make that kind of decision other than the pregnant person.

Why would you put a son on a birth control intended for women that causes weight gain, high blood pressure, and all kinds of complications? That's child abuse. I wouldn't even put a daughter on anything stronger than the mini pill.

A friend of mine was a mother at 15, and she's a nurse.

A child is a human being, ergo it's a violation of human rights. Abortion is painful and comes with all kinds of health risks. No one can make that kind of decision other than the pregnant person.

Why would you put a son on a birth control intended for women that causes weight gain, high blood pressure, and all kinds of complications? That's child abuse. I wouldn't even put a daughter on anything stronger than the mini pill.

Of course there are exceptions. to where the person can make something of themself.

Can that child get out and hold a full time job to support the child that is on the way? Do these stupid children not think about the financial consequences of having a child at such a young age?

Of course there are exceptions. to where the person can make something of themself.

Can that child get out and hold a full time job to support the child that is on the way? Do these stupid children not think about the financial consequences of having a child at such a young age?

Doesn't matter. The responsibility is on the parent of the children who have the baby; children lack civil rights/privileges (nor am I saying they should have them). People make mistakes. When I was 15, I used the rhythm method, but accidents happen. It's the responsibility of adults to educate their children and protect them.

Doesn't matter. The responsibility is on the parent of the children who have the baby; children lack civil rights/privileges (nor am I saying they should have them). People make mistakes. When I was 15, I used the rhythm method, but accidents happen. It's the responsibility of adults to educate their children and protect them.

That is exactly what I am getting at. These kids don't even have civil rights, yet they are having a kid..... When I was 15, I listened to my parents and abstained.

LA so its all the BFs fault even if your daughter was the older one? nice to see sexisum is alive and well. you critise Mickmeister but your comment is just as rupugnant

That is exactly what I am getting at. These kids don't even have civil rights, yet they are having a kid..... When I was 15, I listened to my parents and abstained.

You didn't have the urge to have sex and admittedly suffered from mental health issues. It's a strong biological urge once it kicks in; normal teenagers will have sex. Children are not responsible adults that can be entrusted with civil rights, but they are still sometimes sexually mature. How can you expect a teenager with a child's judgment and an adult's urges not to screw up on occasion? That's the responsible adult's responsibility to help that child make good decisions.

Although I would be tremendously upset if my son or daughter was having a child as a teen through failed birth control or whatever, I would do anything in my power to either help them raise their baby, get an abortion, or place the baby for adoption. We all have to make decisions we can live with when it comes to our children, my future children included.

LA so its all the BFs fault even if your daughter was the older one? nice to see sexisum is alive and well. you critise Mickmeister but your comment is just as rupugnant

I agree here, although I think that age doesn't matter too much here. If a 13 year old girl has a 15 year old boyfriend and their sex is consensual, the fault's pretty equal.

I think Luci meant she'd be equally mad at both, but pregnancy is more of a big deal for the female.

no i would punish them both trust me i would, i am not sexiest in the slightest,

both my daughter and her BF know exactly what would happen to them,

Back