Young People Having Children

People have children either by accident, or because they have nothing else to do.

that is rubbish, there is plenty to do, when kids say, "we're bored, there's nothing to do" what they actually mean is "we havent got any money to spend, so we're bored" there's plenty to do, kids think they are clever, and they think they wont get pregnant.

it also doesnt help that most kids seem to think that you can't get pregnant the first time you have sex.

or they seem to think, "if he pulls out just before he cums, i'll be ok"

Orleander:

Not really. People have productive lives with children. Furthermore, what plans can be "higher" than children? When people always say that children are the best part of their life?

What is so special about having a child? A 12 yr old can do it. The 'higher' part is the raising of that child. A 12 yr old isn't up to it. Most 18 yr olds aren't up to it.
And what people always say children are the best part? It may be at the top of the list, but my life doesn't revolve around my children. I think Luci's does, but she is a different parent than I am.

Orleander:

What is so special about having a child? A 12 yr old can do it. The 'higher' part is the raising of that child. A 12 yr old isn't up to it. Most 18 yr olds aren't up to it.

History refutes you.

And what people always say children are the best part? It may be at the top of the list, but my life doesn't revolve around my children. I think Luci's does, but she is a different parent than I am.

Do you consider your life more meaningful for having kids?

Is my life more meaningful than Condolezza Rice's? Janet Reno's? Leonardo DaVinci's?

I don't know if children can give my life meaning. They give my life direction. They give my actions purpose. I guess I don't understand the question.

Orleander:

the 12 - 18 yr old of centuries ago are NOT the 12-18 yr old of today.

Not too much of a difference if we didn't coddle them.

I don't know if children can give my life meaning. They give my life direction. They give my actions purpose. I guess I don't understand the question.

I would assume direction and purpose would translate to meaning.

Back