Write4U's stream of consciousness

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I have already told you that physical theories are tested edited and refined frameworks that describe nature.
They are based on empirical data and contain mathematical models put together by scientists to describe phenomena.
And where does the equation 1 (a) + 1 (a) = 2 (a) lack in empirical data? Can you describe the "value of a set" in a different way?
The "=" symbol, which appears in every equation, was invented in 1557 by Robert Recorde, who considered that nothing could be more equal than parallel straight lines with the same length.[1]
I like that analogy. In the abstract as well as in reality.
GR s not a star, black hole or galaxy is DESCRIBES them, just like QT is not a positron
While the first part of that sentence makes no sense, I can look past that semantic error and agree with what you are trying to say.
Note that I have never claimed anything like it, so your point is moot.

Last edited:
And where does the equation 1 (a) + 1 (a) = 2 (a) lack in empirical data? Can you describe the "value of a set" in a different way?
While the first part of that sentence makes no sense, I can look past that semantic error and agree with what you are trying to say.

What does not make sense?

GR is not a star or black hole, IT describes them. Is that better?

A random equation can describe anything but it is not the thing itself.

......and......courtesy of Write4U, this thread is now completely derailed and full of nonsensical junk, as predicted in post 34. Yet another discussion wrecked.

GR is not a star or black hole, IT describes them. Is that better?
The universe does not use IT. That is human stuff to analyze and describe our experience of reality. I am trying to divorce the human aspect and deal with the issue from an objective POV.
The universe does not use symbolic codes. We do!

So, how does the universe keep things apart? It seems to "know" that a star and a black hole are different physical objects, no?

......and......courtesy of Write4U, this thread is now completely derailed and full of nonsensical junk, as predicted in post 34. Yet another discussion wrecked.
Stop whining and contribute your wisdom, so that we all can benefit from your vast knowledge.

Last edited:
The universe does not use IT. That is human stuff to analyze and describe our experience of reality. I am trying to divorce the human aspect and deal with the issue from an objective POV.

Stop whining and contribute your wisdom, so that we all can benefit from your vast knowledge.
Oxford alma mata. You need to listen to him.

Not I.T, it.

I do, when he actually says something. Check the "likes" I posited on his substantial posts.
I hold no grudges, he does.

I quoted the way you posted it .
Apparently not.

That was a typo, I made a mistake. Let's move on. My point was that scientists find the data via experiment and the theorists see how that fits.
Each situation is different however, there are different levels of certainty and tension.
You need to investigate these different areas of research.

That was a typo, I made a mistake. Let's move on. My point was that scientists find the data via experiment and the theorists see how that fits.
Each situation is different however, there are different levels of certainty and tension.
You need to investigate these different areas of research.
Thank you. I do try to include critiques about my favorite subjects. That's why I always appreciate suggestions about reliable sources which I may not be aware of. I like to do research and I carefully read more than one review, before deciding to quote.

Believe me, there is a method to my madness....:eek:

Thank you. I do try to include critiques about my favorite subjects. That's why I always appreciate suggestions about reliable sources which I may not be aware of. I like to do research and I carefully read more than one review, before deciding to quote.

Believe me, there is a method to my madness....:eek:

In that case I recommend Dr Becky on you tube. She studies the recent cosmology papers, goes to the conferences then discusses them on her channel.

The Hubble tension, Dark matter verses MOND story are explained,
We have experiment and theory working together on this as we speak.
The speed at which the data is coming in one feels something will break soon

In the video Dr Becky shows this model as the standard descriptive model used to describe the Big Bang, inflation, (event) horizon, contracting, Big crunch, Big Bang.

Question: is the (event) horizon itself expanding?

If not then it seems to me that the toroid model meets all the required properties that she mentioned in the video.
But even if the toroid itself was expanding then still all observations would fit that ideal model of "causal contact" .

So what is the fatal flaw in the toroidal model of the universe? It just seems right.

This did not come from a peer reviewed paper, but it made so much sense , that I am posting it here, hoping for some input, if and why this is a flawed model altogether.

The Toroidal Universe
by Lee Bladon

It would be pure arrogance to claim we have already figured out nearly everything. Quite the opposite – we need new ideas. Anna Ijjas, Theoretical Physicist, Max Planck Institute

A Flash of Inspiration

I am not a physicist or a cosmologist, so this theory wasn’t conceived by studying data or devising complex formulas. I am an explorer of consciousness, and the idea came as a flash of inspiration while I was meditating and inquiring with a friend, Valerie. A few days beforehand, I saw the following image on the Wikipedia
Curved-Universe.jpg

Torus-Universe.jpg

And we had been experiencing torus-shaped energy fields (like the one pictured below) during our meditations and self inquiries for several weeks…
Then, in a flash of inspiration, the two images came together (as pictured below) and we realised that the universe had toroidal geometry. This is not a new idea, but it was new to us, and we knew it was significant.
Torsion (twisting energy) within the central vortex of the torus prevents the inflowing energy-matter from forming a singularity, so it can emerge anew from the top of the torus in an eternal cycle of creation, existence and dissolution (or Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva).
Animated-Torus.gif

Curved Closed Universe
An article on ScienceAlert.com describes how data from the European Space Agency’s Planck satellite suggests that the universe is “curved and closed, like an inflating sphere”. The research team, led by Eleonora Di Valentino of Manchester University, discovered that the Cosmic Microwave Background radiation is being curved more than would be expected if the universe was flat. “A closed universe can provide a physical explanation for this effect” and the data has a 99.8% confidence level.
more... https://evolvingsouls.com/blog/toroidal-universe/

The Universe is always pictured as a half toroid. Why not extend the curvature until begins to contract toward the "common point of origin" , and presto, we have a recycling universe that behaves exactly as all measurements seem to indicate that it should and maintains "causal contact", and even conservation of energy!

Any takers?

Last edited:

In the video Dr Becky shows this model as the standard descriptive model used to describe the Big Bang, inflation, event horizon, contracting, Big crunch, Big Bang.

Question: is the event horizon itself expanding?

If not then it seems to me that the toroid model meets all the required properties that she mentioned in the video.
But even if the toroid itself was expanding then still all observations would fit that ideal model of "causal contact" .

So what is the fatal flaw in the toroidal model of the universe? It just seems right.

This did not come from a peer reviewed paper, but it made so much sense , that I am posting it here, hoping for some input, if and why this is a flawed model altogether.

The Toroidal Universe
by Lee Bladon

It would be pure arrogance to claim we have already figured out nearly everything. Quite the opposite – we need new ideas. Anna Ijjas, Theoretical Physicist, Max Planck Institute

A Flash of Inspiration

Curved-Universe.jpg

And we had been experiencing torus-shaped energy fields (like the one pictured below) during our meditations and self inquiries for several weeks…
Animated-Torus.gif

Curved Closed Universe

more... https://evolvingsouls.com/blog/toroidal-universe/

The Universe is always pictured as a half toroid. Why not extend the curvature until begins to contract toward the "common point of origin" , and presto, we have a recycling universe that behaves exactly as all measurements seem to indicate that it should and maintains "causal contact", and even conservation of energy!

Any takers?
Did you watch the video? Toroid is not mentioned and Event horizon is not mentioned either.

Go from her earliest videos and take it from there,

Did you watch the video? Toroid is not mentioned and Event horizon is not mentioned either.
I am just offering my initial impressions and "probing " response on her talk about the shape of the universe..
Sorry about using "event horizon" (BH), instead of "horizon of the observable universe"

The talk is titled "The Horizon Problem"
Go from her earliest videos and take it from there,
I shall, she has quite a few.

Slime Mould doesn't know that it is solving problems, it just does it based on the dynamic action of the microtubule network contained in the organism.

Slime Mould Algorithm: A Comprehensive Survey of Its Variants and Applications
Abstract
Meta-heuristic algorithms have a high position among academic researchers in various fields, such as science and engineering, in solving optimization problems. These algorithms can provide the most optimal solutions for optimization problems. This paper investigates a new meta-heuristic algorithm called Slime Mould algorithm (SMA) from different optimization aspects.
The SMA algorithm was invented due to the fluctuating behavior of slime mold in nature. It has several new features with a unique mathematical model that uses adaptive weights to simulate the biological wave. It provides an optimal pathway for connecting food with high exploration and exploitation ability.
As of 2020, many types of research based on SMA have been published in various scientific databases, including IEEE, Elsevier, Springer, Wiley, Tandfonline, MDPI, etc. In this paper, based on SMA, four areas of hybridization, progress, changes, and optimization are covered.
The rate of using SMA in the mentioned areas is 15, 36, 7, and 42%, respectively. According to the findings, it can be claimed that SMA has been repeatedly used in solving optimization problems. As a result, it is anticipated that this paper will be beneficial for engineers, professionals, and academic scientists.
more.....
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9838547/

Slime Mould doesn't know that it is solving problems, it just does it based on the dynamic action of the microtubule network contained in the organism.

Slime Mould Algorithm: A Comprehensive Survey of Its Variants and Applications
Abstract
more.....
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9838547/

No it doesn't.

And the linked article is about algorithms, not slime mould biology. Microtubules are mentioned nowhere.

No it doesn't.
And the linked article is about algorithms, not slime mould biology. Microtubules are mentioned nowhere.
And what does the biological processing of the algorithms? AFAIK, it is the microtubules and synapses in the cytoplasm and cytoskeleton that do the data processing and by extension follow the algorithms as described in the article. If not, what then?
The idea behind and implementation of a meta-heuristic algorithm is straightforward since it is often based on observations of natural phenomena, evolutionary processes, and the actions of animals and people. Due to the absence of a clear-cut solution for each given objective problem, MAs are adaptable to a wide variety of optimization issues
Saying "no", without offering an alternate solution is not very useful, to me anyway.
And I doubt to anyone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back