would you want to live to 100?

It's Lucifer Angel's thread, so can we keep polluting? Because I wanted to say that nano assembler is pseudo-science.

DNA has yet to make me a cheese sandwich :D

Things in the same realm as DNA are obviously possible, but not something that can custom make molecules in anyway wanted, like a cheese sandwich from scratch. These people think nano technology will allow us to arrange atoms like legos.

DNA has yet to make me a cheese sandwich :D

Things in the same realm as DNA are obviously possible, but not something that can custom make molecules in anyway wanted, like a cheese sandwich from scratch. These people think nano technology will allow us to arrange atoms like legos.

in time it will.

Why? Exhumed says it's impossible. Normal chemical behavior > our desire.

well I say it's possible. our desires constantly change. We wanted to fly, we can fly now. We wanted to have food all the time, now we do if we want to. We wanted stars and space, well here it is the moon is now a place for alien flags and debris of last century.

I would not want to live 100+. My body would fail and life wouldn't be worth living. I think after 70 you have gotten the most out of life and the rest is just sitting around playing cards or baking cakes all day. You could say " It's Suicidal not too" but I think you're emo for wanting to feel nothing but pain for the rest of your life. Eh?

I would not want to live 100+. My body would fail and life wouldn't be worth living. I think after 70 you have gotten the most out of life and the rest is just sitting around playing cards or baking cakes all day. You could say " It's Suicidal not too" but I think you're emo for wanting to feel nothing but pain for the rest of your life. Eh?

what you define as "pain" for others is time to live.

Emo is this crap->
emo_monkeys_by_LeotheLion27.png

Reality thou is different

what you define as "pain" for others is time to live.

Emo is this crap->
Reality thou is different

lol @ the pic, I guess you're right, and who knows your body might work perfectly fine, and you can become the person you wanted to be.

....who knows your body might work perfectly fine, and you can become the person you wanted to be.

Yeah, I'm wondering why everyone is so convinced they will have fallen apart. Its decades away for most of us. Plenty of time to get healthy or at least have medical science help us along to a better body.

Yeah, I'm wondering why everyone is so convinced they will have fallen apart. Its decades away for most of us. Plenty of time to get healthy or at least have medical science help us along to a better body.

I'm 14 so for me by the time i'm 100 I will be a robot before I die

I want to live as long as I'm supposed to live. As long as I'm destined to live. I will do my part to stay healthy. I know people in their 90s who are in great shape--very few problems. One was my friend's great-grandmother. She lived to 107, was sharper mentally than people half her age, drove very well until 95 (!!) and had a great life of travelling and evangelizing wherever she went.

My only concern would be my teeth. Since they're perfect now, maybe I would have to have implants when I'm old and they start to go. Or veneers.

I have no fear of body issues. Spiritual health is more important to me than any of the others.:)

Until I lose my will to live, for example I am living in a nursing home when I am 95, I have alzheimers. I would have no will to live and so my life is essentially over. Also when I know I have accomplished what I wanted to in my life.

I would only wish to live to 100 or more if I had my health and alertness. Without a healthy body and a responsive mind, the quality of life plummets. I work around very old patients at the hospital on weekends (usually with Alzheimer's and other neurodegenerative diseases), and it really makes me appreciate what I have now. If my life is to come down to sleeping in a hospital all day without any knowledge of the world around me, I would much rather pass away at a younger age.

Back