Would you go?

See my first message below for the poll question.

• Yes!

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Ummm... no.

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters
If it was a utopia then u couldnt be not happy or it wouldnt be a utopia.

but how would you know you were unhappy.. if you didn't know what else there was? it could be just a lartge brain washed controlled group people who think they are happy because they are told they are.

In one of novels the twin that went back 300 years was far happier than the one that went ahead 300 years.

At the moment, the Human race is too primitive to go to a utopia. We would become bored really, really fast. Nothing bad happening, you'd yern for excitedment and eventually go on a killing spree. Well, I know I would:D

By Nightfall
i read a story once.. i cant remember the name of it.. it was very short.. it was about everyone being equal. where stronger people were strapped with weights, so to not outdo the weaker. and girls wore ugly masks.. so that none of them were to pretty. and this one man had a ringing in his ear everytime he thought, so that he wasn't to smart for everyone else... and the woman had head constant headaches causing her not to remember more than everyone else. in the book, they watched thir son die on television.. but didn't know it becuase she couldn't emeber who he was. and the father was unable to follow what was happening.

I read that story. It was in my English text one year. Do you know where to get it?

i read a story once.. i cant remember the name of it.. it was very short.. it was about everyone being equal. where stronger people were strapped with weights, so to not outdo the weaker. and girls wore ugly masks.. so that none of them were to pretty. and this one man had a ringing in his ear everytime he thought, so that he wasn't to smart for everyone else... and the woman had head constant headaches causing her not to remember more than everyone else. in the book, they watched thir son die on television.. but didn't know it becuase she couldn't emeber who he was. and the father was unable to follow what was happening.

Yeah, kinda similar to the story The Giver, a perfect society where nothing bad can go wrong, feelings are removed or something. Life is in ignorance but they are not so happy either. More like robotic lives.

I read that story. It was in my English text one year. Do you know where to get it?
nope. it was in my english textbook too. lol.. next time i go back there. which sould be sometime this week, ill visit my old english teacher and find out.

The GiverPeace.

• -- King Boudewijn I, King of Belgium (1934-1993)

I've read The Giver . The story we are talking about is not it. I've read The Giver, kinda sad the way it ends, but the story we are loking for is a short story, that, like we said, was in an English text. I believe it was from Prentice Hall.

I know it's not the story. I said they are kinda similar. Anyways, now I wanna read that story you are talking about.

hmmmm

Why wouldn't we age is we travelled throught time? How could we be independent from time's effects just because we have manipulated it's speed?

I think it would be kinda cool to go though, but I think I'd rather go to the past :).

I don't think we can ever travel to the past, because that means everything else would have to go backwards, or either there are different dimensions, which I don't really believe in either. Well nto that far into physics yet but that's my thoughts, anyone else got any ideas about it? I believe we can only slow down time for us, and thus "travel" into the future.

no.

Part of what makes life fun is the challenge of trying to do better everyday. If everything was perfect, part of the point of life would be taken away. I believe that we are on this earth to learn and to expand the barriers of our own personalities. I like where I am in time because I believe I am living in the 21 century for a reason. So basicly, Utopia... where's the challenge?

Back