Working on Sunday

Yeah..pretty much...that's why everyone is so pissed. Our company has been especially "employee unfriendly" lately.

According to traditional practice in Islam, Friday is our day off. But that's practice, I don't believe [or remember] if there is any discussion on it in the Quran.

Here's quite a convincing reference from the Qur'an:

O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and traffic): That is best for you if ye but knew! (62:9)

Juma'h is difficult to make when you're studying and working. :(

Kadark

I always liked to have strange schedules. Working on Sunday means that I could go to ski on Wendesday...

Here's quite a convincing reference from the Qur'an:

O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and traffic): That is best for you if ye but knew! (62:9)

Juma'h is difficult to make when you're studying and working. :(

Kadark

I know about the Jum'a, I meant taking the day off.

According to traditional practice in Islam, Friday is our day off. But that's practice, I don't believe [or remember] if there is any discussion on it in the Quran.

Is there any discussion in the quran about lying, stealing and killing, or how about trafficking in heroin?

Christmas has very little to do with Christianity. It's not even called Christmas in my country

Now it has almost reverted back to the old Pagan Winter Solstice festival - a celebration of warmth, feasting and goodwill.

Is there any discussion in the quran about lying, stealing and killing, or how about trafficking in heroin?

Not so much - I think you can blame that on the Muslims who do those things, rather than the book by which they live their lives.

Back