Women. Religion’s longest running victims.

If you are born in the west you are conditioned through generations of people with christian beliefs on how to behave.

Its affected you whether you like it or not.

I cannot see what that fallacious claim has to do with your prior fallacious claims. You do not know what has or has not affected me. Whether you like it or not.

I cannot see what that fallacious claim has to do with your prior fallacious claims. You do not know what has or has not affected me. Whether you like it or not.

You have been impacted from 1700+ years of catholic dominated western society. You speak english so i assume you have been impacted from western society.

Those in africa or india, have never had this, and are chaotic societies. Europe and west would of been like this too, if it was not for the church. So you have been impacted.

You have been impacted from 1700+ years of catholic dominated western society. You speak english so i assume you have been impacted from western society.

Those in africa or india, have never had this, and are chaotic societies. Europe and west would of been like this too, if it was not for the church. So you have been impacted.

You are very good at making assumptions. Repeating your fallacious assumptions does not make them valid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stranger - you have been requested, multiple times now, to back your counter-claims and refutations of what is being said here... and repeatedly you have failed to do so... are you incapable of doing so, or simply trolling?

Society without rules is chaos.

Not quite Society without man made rules falls to Darwinism and survival of the fittest. There is "order" it's just not beneficial to all, only the select apex few that can survive.

Religion has always been about control, it was invented to give the slaves a kind of hope that didn't lead to revolts against their masters.

Not quite Society without man made rules falls to Darwinism and survival of the fittest. There is "order" it's just not beneficial to all, only the select apex few that can survive.

Social Darwinism is easier for men, then women, since this is what war, survival and pioneer adventure is all about. Eve (woman) prefer the tree of knowledge of good and evil, since she benefits more by laws/rules of good and evil over freestyle without fixed rules. What tends to happen are the rules needed to benefit the women, may help the women, but do so in ways that create a handicap for the men; dual standards. If such rules downgrade the male, society will not be optimized. Adam (males) may eat also, but this often leads to problems for both because of the dual standards.

As an analogy, say we line everyone (men, women and children) for a foot race. Typically the younger stronger males will dominate the race. The women might want the glory of winning, and complain about there needs to be an equal chance to win. This may not happen very often in a natural world because of innate differences. We need to change the rules to make the unnatural result appear more often. To make it work, we may need to add handicaps to the young males by tying their legs together. These young men deserve this for being so mean to the ladies and not letting them win over the centuries.

Lowering the floor on one group, to allow the others to appear to rise, is not going to lift up any culture in the long term. The best possible future requires the best people are able to run free and not be tied down to benefit a set of ginned rules The same is true vice-versa. The laws, rules and regulations, is more like a make-up job that looks good but hides natural blemishes.

When men and women marry and get close, the male often gives his wife plenty of liberty with her often leading many things. The rules of religion are there to keep the ladies from pushing too far, with their men, because there is point where diminished males will not be worth the social cost of make-up women. Adam eats of the rules too and both he and Eve, eventually get stick in a bind.

Picture a person who builds a company in the free market of business darwinism. This person is able to compete and win with minimal rules in a world where the competitors come up with unique and changing strategy. Another person wants to sit at the big table. but can't do it in the free market. To make this work, that person make need to gin the system with politics to change the rules so the first person can't function properly. One can justify these rules with sob stories, hate the free market rhetoric, and historical guilt. Adam has to learn to say no thanks,and ask Eve to jump in and learn to swim without her floaties.

As an analogy, say we line everyone (men, women and children) for a foot race. Typically the younger stronger males will dominate the race. The women might want the glory of winning, and complain about there needs to be an equal chance to win. This may not happen very often in a natural world because of innate differences. We need to change the rules to make the unnatural result appear more often. To make it work, we may need to add handicaps to the young males by tying their legs together. These young men deserve this for being so mean to the ladies and not letting them win over the centuries.
Or just have separate events for women and men, which we do. The downside of that is that professional victims such as yourself could not struggle and bleed on your cross as effectively.

Picture a person who builds a company in the free market of business darwinism. This person is able to compete and win with minimal rules in a world where the competitors come up with unique and changing strategy. Another person wants to sit at the big table. but can't do it in the free market. To make this work, that person make need to gin the system with politics to change the rules so the first person can't function properly. One can justify these rules with sob stories, hate the free market rhetoric, and historical guilt. Adam has to learn to say no thanks,and ask Eve to jump in and learn to swim without her floaties.
Minimal rules = the ability to cheat and create monopolies
But I guess that's your ideal world.

Stranger - you have been requested, multiple times now, to back your counter-claims and refutations of what is being said here... and repeatedly you have failed to do so... are you incapable of doing so, or simply trolling?

It should be obvious that I would know better about what does & does not affect me than someone who does not know me. In the other thread I expressed my opinion the same as you. You admitted you were incorrect on 1 of them. You called me a troll 3 times in less than 24 hours for disagreeing with you. Should I take that as a warning from a Moderator or only attempts at insult? I think I should consider myself incapable of participating in the forum you moderate.

It should be obvious that I would know better about what does & does not affect me than someone who does not know me. In the other thread I expressed my opinion the same as you. You admitted you were incorrect on 1 of them. You called me a troll 3 times in less than 24 hours for disagreeing with you. Should I take that as a warning from a Moderator or only attempts at insult?

You may think it obvious... but is it truly? Sometimes, an outside perspective can be necessary to further your own growth.
The reason I am calling you out for trolling is that you are, by all appearances, being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse. You have not contributed much of any real meaning, and simply stating you disagree with something without giving any explanation on how or why is...well, meaningless and pointless content; something that is stated quite clearly to be against the rules of this forum.

I think I should consider myself incapable of participating in the forum you moderate.
To be frank... this wouldn't bother me.

In what way are we "civilized and enlightened societies and cultures" if we are, what (?) oppressing women? I think that's what you mean but I can't understand: "men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families". What do you mean exactly?

In a nutshell, do you believe in the law of the sea? Women and children to the lifeboats first.

If so. Gnostic Christian men believe that we are all equal in the legal sense. We then recognize that as the strong, it is the first duty of men to insure the wellbeing of their families. Women and children are to be elevated and maintained for the best possible end. Men ar to die for their children and not do as God did and demand a human sacrifice to corrupt his justice. I digress. This does not mean that we would stop strong women from serving the weaker. Exceptions are allowed.

Regards
DL

Really Arne...?

Okay, a few verses to spell it out:

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 King James Version
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Colossians 3:18 King James Version
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

1 Peter 3:1-2 New Living Translation
In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands. Then, even if some refuse to obey the Good News, your godly lives will speak to them without any words. They will be won over 2 by observing your pure and reverent lives.

1 Timothy 2:9-15New Living Translation (NLT)
9 And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes.
10 For women who claim to be devoted to God should make themselves attractive by the good things they do.
11 Women should learn quietly and submissively.
12 I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly.
13 For God made Adam first, and afterward he made Eve.
14 And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result.
15 But women will be saved through childbearing, assuming they continue to live in faith, love, holiness, and modesty.

Qua'ran 2:282
O you who have believed, when you contract a debt for a specified term, write it down. And let a scribe write [it] between you in justice. Let no scribe refuse to write as Allah has taught him. So let him write and let the one who has the obligation dictate. And let him fear Allah , his Lord, and not leave anything out of it. But if the one who has the obligation is of limited understanding or weak or unable to dictate himself, then let his guardian dictate in justice. And bring to witness two witnesses from among your men. And if there are not two men, then a man and two women from those whom you accept as witnesses - so that if one of the women errs, then the other can remind her.

Qua'ran 4:34
Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

Qua'ran 4:176
They request from you a [legal] ruling. Say, " Allah gives you a ruling concerning one having neither descendants nor ascendants [as heirs]." If a man dies, leaving no child but [only] a sister, she will have half of what he left. And he inherits from her if she [dies and] has no child. But if there are two sisters [or more], they will have two-thirds of what he left. If there are both brothers and sisters, the male will have the share of two females. Allah makes clear to you [His law], lest you go astray. And Allah is Knowing of all things.

There are plenty of other examples... but unfortunately, in most religious texts, it is made pretty clear:

Women are inferior to Men.

This is one of the reasons I align myself as a Modified Christian - this is one aspect of religion I cannot abide by

Well put.

You might look into Gnostic Christianity then. We do not abide by such either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

http://www.thesongofgod.com/tgc/basic_beliefs.html

Regards
DL

@Greatest I am, it is hard to teach them if their mind is closed. They will eventually learn the lessons one day or choose not to learn it. That is their choice. If the lesson is easier to learn, there will be no war, no unequal treatment, all human will live in peace. That is why you see it is hard to learn it. Even a spirit guide or guardian angel is still learning until now

This is ancient knowledge. You would have thought all spirits would have noted it.

Regards
DL

And you know 'millions' of such people? I think I've met very few orthodox people of any religion. Nearly everyone has worked out their own private loopholes. Sometimes quite unintentional. I've seen ostensibly orthodox hardcore Wahabi Muslims laugh at how cute feral puppies are. The very first Nichiren Buddhists monk I saw was sitting in full lotus reading the daily news as he smoked and drank Suntory whiskey as he cooled himself by an electric fan. And Jesus cursing the fig tree! Now really! What should have Jesus done?

If they were not the majority, the O.P. would not have needed writing.

Religions and their men are the curse of women. Not the various Gods.

Regards
DL

Women being victimized is more of a long-running social problem. It's not something you can really peg religion for causing. Granted, certain religions have exacerbated, excused, and perpetuated systemic abuse against women. But in recent times, religion and spirituality has played an enormous part in women's liberation and feminist movements. Goddess religion, neo-witchcraft, neopaganism, and related movements have been at the forefront of feminism since the 1960s.

You are correct that it is a social problem and the vast majority making up that society are the religious who are denying women their rights.

He will rule over you is the mantra of the vast majority.

I appreciate your political correctness but women are being denied freedom from male who deny them equality partly because women are too politically correct with vile immoral men who are too stupid to recognize political correctness.

Regards
DL

Society needs some control.

You people whom like to claim religion is doing this, would be calling for something if just anarchy rained.

Look at africa and india to see the world you lot wanted, are you sure you know what your talking about in this topic. Society without rules is chaos.

We are talking of rules like the U. N. bill of rights for equality that the U.S. would likely fail if stringently applied.

No one is talking getting rid of rules. We are talking about initiating just rules that go against what your religion teaches.

You should be on this moral side instead of where you are.

Regards
DL

Back