Woman adopts child and then decides to return it

Why did the Russian adoptive agency not tell the American mother who wanted to adopt the child that the boy had mental problems, then send him here without any medical information? Seems that both countries are at fault doesn't it.

Why did the Russian adoptive agency not tell the American mother who wanted to adopt the child that the boy had mental problems, then send him here without any medical information? Seems that both countries are at fault doesn't it.

We have no proof that the child has mental problems. That is what she has claimed on her note.

But again, it's beside the point. Whether the Russian adoption agency lied to her or not.. it really is beside the point. There were so many different ways she could have handled this. She took the worst and most despicable way. She didn't even call them to tell them that she was sending him back for goodness sake.

Would you find some random stranger on the internet to come and pick up a child at the airport.. and have the child pay said random stranger $200? The very least she could have done was to call the Ministry to tell them the child was flying back so they could have had someone pick him up. She didn't even bother doing that.

What she has done to this child will scar him for life. If she had cared at all for this child, if she really had "given it her best", she would have at a minimum contacted social services in the US or the adoption agency who handled the child's adoption from the US and told them the issues she was supposedly having with this child. But she said and did nothing until her mother put the child on a plane back to Russia with a note. A note. You write a note to a child's teacher. The child was apparently visited in January and at that point, nothing was wrong. Everything was fine. She has claimed that the issues started after that visit. So why didn't she contact social services and tell them? Why remain silent about this supposed violent behaviour and then just put him on that plane by himself as she did. It's not a faulty TV. It's a child.

No matter if the Russians had lied. What she did to that child at the end was completely wrong.

Folks. If this child is threatening to kill her other living children and burn down the house in which they live, then she has a right and a responsibility to ensure the safety of those children FIRST, as they are the ones being threatened and victimized. Those children should not suffer that kind of fear in their own household. They don't need it and they don't deserve it.

The Russian child obviously has issues and NEEDS to be isolated from the people he expresses wishes to victimize. That is priority number one. THEN he should be given the help he needs, wherever that help may be, whether it is in the USA or back in Russia.

But she definitely was right in getting this adopted child far and away from her other kids. However, sending him alone to Russia was the wrong way to do that. She should have tried to put him in foster care or something.

Last edited:
As if it cannot get worse:

Previous adoption failures have increased Russian officials' wariness of adoptions to the U.S.

In 2006, Peggy Sue Hilt of Manassas, Virginia, was sentenced to 25 years in prison after being convicted of fatally beating a 2-year-old girl adopted from Siberia months earlier.

In 2008, Kimberly Emelyantsev of Tooele, Utah, was sentenced to 15 years after pleading guilty to killing a Russian infant in her care.

And in March of this year, prosecutors in Pennsylvania met with a Russian diplomats to discuss how to handle the case of a couple accused of killing their 7-year-old adopted Russian son at their home near the town of Dillsburg.

more

The kid is a demon seed just like many Russian kids. They have crack ho's, alcoholics, whores and smokers for mothers. They are fcked up from conception. Americans should stop adopting foreign babies. We have enough here who need good homes. We don't need to import defective people. We have enough of those, too.
I've seen video of these kids. They are bad news.

Because that's how you get ride of the unwanted...

Doesn't seem to have worked. Perhaps they should have the same principles operating in orphanages as they do in a pound. If no one wants the kids, they should just euthanise them.

Doesn't seem to have worked. Perhaps they should have the same principles operating in orphanages as they do in a pound. If no one wants the kids, they should just euthanise them.

See my post #26. That's how it worked. Pity, no one wants them, lets get rid of them. All those kids with mental problems, defective, carrying whore mothers genetic etc. only make the world an ugly place to live in.

To be fair, I guess there are also Russian adopted kids who are raised happily in the US families like this one here:

Our daughter Heather was adopted from Krasnodar, Russia at the age of nine. She is now a finalist in the Colorado Junior Miss Pageant and has enrolled in Front Range Community College where she will pursue a career in interior design. She is an outstanding young woman with very proud parents.

I wish the 7 years old Justin Hansen will find a better family who'll love him and take care of him.

This story is beyond disgusting, when you care for someone you take all of the ups and downs that come with it. Unfortunately in the US the adoption process is so crazy it turns many people who would love to raise a child off. Pretty much every kid in the system (Russia is notorious for this) that is no longer a toddler come with baggage and often have serious issues. But if you trully love a child you deal with those issues just as you would with your own child. A friend's family decided to adopt a 9 year old boy, he had serious problems. He was a thief, he was violent, threatened to stab them in their sleep, aspired to become a gangster, smashed up their car with a hammer and a top of all that stuff had problems learning at school. but his new family dealt with all of it. while he is far from perfect today, he is actually a normal high schooler now. you deal with what you get giving up on a child is just as terrible as the people who broght them into this world and then abandoned them in the first place.

The kid is a demon seed just like many Russian kids. They have crack ho's, alcoholics, whores and smokers for mothers. They are fcked up from conception. Americans should stop adopting foreign babies. We have enough here who need good homes. We don't need to import defective people. We have enough of those, too.
I've seen video of these kids. They are bad news.

My brothers wife is unable to concieve.

They have adopted three children from the Ukraine and Russia and one baby girl from China.

They are awesome kids. Although it's an expensive venture, it's strangely less straining than adopting here in the USA.

Children all over the world are in plight. Here, there, everwhere.

Resorting to ridiculous stereotypes and bigotry hardly seems worthy of a person Exploding with the Love of God.

This particular case is very disgusting. There were many avenues that were much more proper open to that family even assuming that the boy was a severe threat to them.
For whatever reason, they seemed to have reached a point where they cared about nothing more than getting him gone- at all cost.

This particular case is very disgusting. There were many avenues that were much more proper open to that family even assuming that the boy was a severe threat to them.
For whatever reason, they seemed to have reached a point where they cared about nothing more than getting him gone- at all cost.

The mother or grandmother is intelligent enough to manage contacting an online lawyer, making a stewardess or airline staffs willing to guard the kid, arranging a tour guide to pick up the kid, and dropping the kid in front of a door step of a ministry office. This isn't an act of somebody who was frustated (frustated people will beat up the kid or lock the kid in a basement or threaten him instead of looking for trouble with foreign authority and create chaos in the news). This is something done in malicious faith. Simple, the kid happened to end up with a bad family.

The mother or grandmother is intelligent enough to manage contacting an online lawyer, making a stewardess or airline staffs willing to guard the kid, arranging a tour guide to pick up the kid, and dropping the kid in front of a door step of a ministry office. This isn't an act of somebody who was frustated (frustated people will beat up the kid or lock the kid in a basement or threaten him instead of looking for trouble with foreign authority and create chaos in the news). This is something done in malicious faith. Simple, the kid happened to end up with a bad family.

Kira, you alone cannot determing what the family is purely like or the kid is purely like, nor whether they would have beaten him or locked him in the basement based on these few articles alone.
It's more rational to consider that ALL parties involved weren't quite right in the head.

Also, I already had said that they had Much Better Avenues of approach for handling the situation. You seem to have ignored that bit.

Kira, you alone cannot determing what the family is purely like or the kid is purely like, nor whether they would have beaten him or locked him in the basement based on these few articles alone.
It's more rational to consider that ALL parties involved weren't quite right in the head.

Also, I already had said that they had Much Better Avenues of approach for handling the situation. You seem to have ignored that bit.

Yes, they had much better option to handle the situation. I didn't disagree with that. Kinda makes me wonder, why choose such horrible option.

I mean, what do they have in mind when they decided to deliver the kid to the Russian Ministry of Education office with an "I no longer wish to parent this child" note?

What they did was flat out absurd. I'm sure we can all agree on that.
However, they did adopt this child at great expense. They had to travel to the country involved, get visas and pay a lot of money. I find it highly unlikely that they only had malicious intent.

What they did was WRONG. But it seems likely something about that kid made them want him Gone no matter what.

ETA: Perhaps part of the influence in my thinking is that I have met some Flat out Sadists in my time. People that are just so twisted and harmful that I can imagine how it's possible that these folks adopted one. It's tough to explain to a person who has never met one.

What they did was flat out absurd. I'm sure we can all agree on that.
However, they did adopt this child at great expense. They had to travel to the country involved, get visas and pay a lot of money. I find it highly unlikely that they only had malicious intent.

What they did was WRONG. But it seems likely something about that kid made them want him Gone no matter what.

ETA: Perhaps part of the influence in my thinking is that I have met some Flat out Sadists in my time. People that are just so twisted and harmful that I can imagine how it's possible that these folks adopted one. It's tough to explain to a person who has never met one.

Here is a thought. Maybe the online lawyer happened to be a Russian, and the lawyer decided to give them a lesson by putting them into trouble, coz I am sure they are getting some pressure now :D j/k

Here is a thought. Maybe the online lawyer happened to be a Russian, and the lawyer decided to give them a lesson by putting them into trouble, coz I am sure they are getting some pressure now :D j/k

I cannot imagine ANY lawyer giving such harebrained advice. It probably wasn't a lawyer at all, IF she even talked to anyone about it.

Back