Without the Death Penalty....?

so. You can't give someone the death penalty for attempted murder.

I think you should be able to; attempted murder is, in intent, as bad as murder. It still makes someone a murderer.

And the person was ALREADY in prison and stirring up trouble; the only logical choice is execution.

wha??? Are you sure? I'm sure you didn't just make that up...right??

no, i didnt make it up. It came out of a paper written on VE by our ethics and law proffessor. Unfortunatly i dont have his source matterial any longer (and even when i did i couldnt give it to you because it was offline)

Of course even if i did you wouldnt belive me, hell you wouldnt belive me if i said the sky was blue. Did you look at the back of your salt bottle yet because i noticed you havent come back at me about THAT one yet?

no, i didnt make it up. It came out of a paper written on VE by our ethics and law proffessor. Unfortunatly i dont have his source matterial any longer (and even when i did i couldnt give it to you because it was offline)

Of course even if i did you wouldnt belive me, hell you wouldnt belive me if i said the sky was blue. Did you look at the back of your salt bottle yet because i noticed you havent come back at me about THAT one yet?

What is the point of your statement even if it is true? You can't compare the circumstances of a rapist being executed and a "baby" being aborted.

really? You're pissy because I asked you to back up what you claim??

And I don't think you're a liar, I think you are completely misinformed. I think you hear part of something and your brain runs wild with it making all kinds of ludicrous scenarios. I think you hear one thing and think its 100% all of the time true.

I think you should put up or shut up. That's an American saying.

Oh, and I got back to you on the salt thing. So why haven't you gotten back to me getting back to you yet?

Last edited:
Conn. prison: Inmate slit guard's neck with blade
Published: 12/23/09, 11:45 AM EDT

SOMERS, Conn. (AP) - Officials at Connecticut's highest security prison say an inmate slashed a guard's throat with a homemade blade, prompting the correctional facility to go on lockdown.

State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance says the officer was taking the prisoner out of his cell Tuesday for a routine security check at Northern Correctional Institution in Somers. He says the inmate punched the guard and slashed him with the weapon.

The guard received stitches. His injuries are not life-threatening.

Vance didn't think the inmate was on death row. The prison houses all 10 of Connecticut's death row inmates.

The prison has been on lockdown several times over the past few months. Most recently, an inmate set his mattress on fire in September, forcing guards to temporarily relocate about 40 prisoners.

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Interesting, huh? I mean, think about it, without the death penalty, what can they do to the guy? ...put him in prison? ...LOL! He's already in maximum security, what else can they do?

So does this mean that prisoners with life sentences can just cut people's throats whenever they can/want to, and nothing can be done ...UNLESS... the state has the death penalty?

Baron Max

Isolation. Take away privileges..
Anyway, he shouldn't even be able to slash a guards throat. I guess they must have slipped up somewhere.

Isolation. Take away privileges..
Anyway, he shouldn't even be able to slash a guards throat. I guess they must have slipped up somewhere.
I made this point back in #19 but it's good you bring it up again since he ignored it.

Enmos, why isolation? Why not just executing him? He obviously doesn't want to co-operate and has no respect for the law.

Isolation. Take away privileges...

What?! Not even a little, light slap on the wrist?? Surely you could bring yourself to lightly slap his wrist, couldn't you? Please? I mean, he's been a bad little boy, you can't just let him off so easily, can you? I mean, that might cause him to grow up to be, heaven forbid, a criminal or something.

Is that something like blaming the women when they're raped? ...she must have slipped up somewhere? ...LOL!

Tell me, Enmos, why does a society, any society, need with people like the guy in the OP? What good is he to anyone or anything? How is he valuable enough for society to pay money to keep him ...when tens of thousands of children go hungry every day? Please explain that to me.

Baron Max

Enmos is one of the people that cry out about the 'rights of the criminal' and don't bother with the victim.

What?! Not even a little, light slap on the wrist?? Surely you could bring yourself to lightly slap his wrist, couldn't you? Please? I mean, he's been a bad little boy, you can't just let him off so easily, can you? I mean, that might cause him to grow up to be, heaven forbid, a criminal or something.
You know, you asked in the OP if anything could be done other than the death penalty. I answered this and so did Enmos. Mocking these answers, to a question you asked, is fairly rude. These are in fact actions that can be taken. And these actions are not looked up lightly by people in prison. That does not mean we are right and you are wrong, but at least have the courtesy to explain your objections the those actions, which are regularly taken in relation to prisoners including those who committed capital crimes.

Enmos is one of the people that cry out about the 'rights of the criminal' and don't bother with the victim.
Absurd. His answer was to mention punishments not rights of prisoners. You may disagree with those punishments as being enough, but they are not 'rights of prisoners.'

Absurd. His answer was to mention punishments not rights of prisoners. You may disagree with those punishments as being enough, but they are not 'rights of prisoners.'

Not necessarily in this case, but in many others anti-capital punishment people almost seem to be defending the criminals, yet they don't bother with the victim getting their justice.

Back