Why UFO's wink out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to those who don't even think UFO's are real ; it is irrelevent to the thread
:)
No one to my knowledge has ever claimed UFO's are not real: I have witnessed one myself.
The stupidity, gullibility and ludicrousness lies in the unscientific extension that because something at this time may not be able to be explained, it is therefor of Alien origin.
Yet these same Aliens, obviously far more intelligent than us, with nothing to be afraid of, come flittering in and then flittering out again, perhaps appearing to some lone individual in the middle of nowhere, or to conduct some weird medical procedure on some gullible fool, and never once making their visitations official, or to ever leave any physical evidence behind......just the usual flitter in, flitter out. :) :rolleyes:

While I would sincerely love Alien visitations to be true, I'm afraid that at this time, the evidence is totally lacking to prove that any have been factual.

The most puzzling thing about all this ; is that ; nobody has bothered to do these simple calculations before.
Everyone who has ever looked up at a satellite, and wondered when it would disappear, has done such calculations. Remarkable that you've never even heard of anyone like that before.

I cannot answer you anymore truthfully and sensibly than the following reply to your previous ludicrous claim.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/89281.Why_People_Believe_Weird_Things

In this age of supposed scientific enlightenment, many people still believe in mind reading, past-life regression theory, New Age hokum, and alien abduction. A no-holds-barred assault on popular superstitions and prejudices, with more than 80,000 copies in print, Why People Believe Weird Things debunks these nonsensical claims and explores the very human reasons people find otherworldly phenomena, conspiracy theories, and cults so appealing. In an entirely new chapter, "Why Smart People Believe in Weird Things," Michael Shermer takes on science luminaries like physicist Frank Tippler and others, who hide their spiritual beliefs behind the trappings of science.

Shermer, science historian and true crusader, also reveals the more dangerous side of such illogical thinking, including Holocaust denial, the recovered-memory movement, the satanic ritual abuse scare, and other modern crazes. Why People Believe Strange Things is an eye-opening resource for the most gullible among us and those who want to protect them.

Irrelevant to this thread

Do this once more pad and I will report you. You have been warned.

I on the other hand ; I look at the evidence as a detective would ; not there at the scence ; so piece together the evidence given ; then come to a logical conclusion based on the facts given; conclusion; to me; UFO's are real ; they have since been since at Donald Keyhoe's book; THE FLYING SAUCERS ARE REAL.
That's fine; you can believe whatever you want. Just don't expect people to take you seriously.

Irrelevant to this thread

Do this once more pad and I will report you. You have been warned.
Don,t be so pretentious river....
From my link......
In this age of supposed scientific enlightenment, many people still believe in mind reading, past-life regression theory, New Age hokum, and alien abduction. A no-holds-barred assault on popular superstitions and prejudices,
Your references to UFO's obviously refer to those supposedly of Alien origin.
And that is nothing more than superstitious nonsense despite your so called mathematical attempt to validate such nonsense.

That's fine; you can believe whatever you want. Just don't expect people to take you seriously.

Oh it is fine. And it's not a belief.

Some people will and do take me seriously ; and they understand totally what I'm saying ; they are the only people that matter on this thread ; period.

I don't expect much open response ....meaning posts.

Oh it is fine. And it's not a belief.
Of course it is. Some people believe in angels and ghosts. Some people believe in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus. You believe in aliens. There is no hard proof of any of them, of course. But as long as you believe they can be real to _you._
Some people will and do take me seriously ; and they understand totally what I'm saying
Undoubtedly true. Go to any elementary school and claim you believe in Santa Claus - you'll find dozens of people who take you seriously.
; they are the only people that matter on this thread ; period.
Apparently not, since you are not restricting your replies to them.

And to those who don't even think UFO's are real ; it is irrelevent to the thread
This too is a lie: your claim as posted is predicated ENTIRELY on the speed of the object, whether it's a "UFO" or not.
And, as has been shown, mere speed alone does NOT account for the "blinking out".
So, either you're contending that UFOs blink out because of their speed (yet to be answered: why do the previously-voiced objections not hold true) AND something else - which you have dishonestly failed to mention OR you're -again - simply ignoring the facts out of unsupported but firmly-held belief.

Mod Note

River, please do not try to circumvent moderator actions by starting a new thread on the same topic.

Trying to interfere with moderation in this way can result in a permanent ban from sciforums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back