Why is there a religion forum?

Dr Lou Natic:

There is evidence. It is far from conclusive and what we make of the evidence is up to each of us individually. The evidence that I look too is:
- The universe is and it is good.
- Life exists and it is so different from non life.
- I am aware of myself and my place in the universe
- I appear to be able to make un predetermined choices.
- Humans have shown a great longing for God or somthing like God.
- There have been siteings, specifically 2000 years ago there was an event where God was reported to have interacted with people for years and there were many eye witnesess.
- The role models in my life have shown me that living a religious life is rewarding.
- That Love exists within the world.

That is most of my evidence. It doesn't prove anything but this evidence along with the feedback I have recieved living a religious life makes me comfortable with the faith I have choosen.

I hope the faith you choose brings you joy and happiness too. I am interested, if you would like to share, how athiesim fullfills your life.

ConsequentAtheist:

"The universe Is" means that all of what we see around us exists and we do not know why.

"The Universe Is Good", is a subjective observation that I have made.

Originally posted by MShark
"The Universe Is Good", is a subjective observation that I have made.
No, it's a subjective conclusion that you have made, and, as a matter of fact, have every right to make. What you do not have the right to do is proffer subjective conclusions as evidence.

ConsequentAtheist:

I think "subjective observation" works just fine, but it also works for me to just say "The Universe Exists". unfortunatly that too is just a "subjective conclusion".

Back